Jake Pre-Ozzy

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Jake Pre-Ozzy

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:35 pm

I know this will be a crap shoot but here goes. After Julie posted about Jake with Teaser, I 've been looking around the net for info on Jake pre-Ozzy, and everybody I've found talks about how unbelievably great Jake was especially with Teaser. Now I don't mean just fans, but also players like George Lynch, Craig Goldie and many others who were coming up at that time, they all say he (Jake) was just scary to see back then if you were a guitar player. All of that leads me to this, does anyone out there have any audio or video footage of Jake in that era, specifically of Teaser, but also of Ratt or Rough Cutt and especially live. I think it would be a great find if somebody happened to have something like that and I know all the Jake fans like myself would love it.

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake Pre-Ozzy

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:55 am

I think if anyone had anything like that it would have been posted a long time ago. I still want to hear the Dio demos if they exist.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:54 pm

.... well hrm,i forgot but now there are a couple of songs from RoughCutt, Ratt, etc with JakeE ** CLICK ON* * . I tried to check out vids from Teaser - no luck but hopefully there are some!I wanna add , it should also be great if there are some recordings of Jake's jazz fusionbands and to cite Jake E Lee: ''Eddie had an enormous influence on my playing. In the late 70’s I was becoming bored with "rock"guitar (other than Uli Roth) and was in a couple of different fusion bands, looking for a direction. Even auditioned for I forgot the name, he was the violinist in the original Mahavishnu Orchestra, wait -oh yeah, Jerry Goodman's band .When all stakes were raised by mr Van Halen I was so impressed with his playing, fire and inventiveness that I got back into playing rock with a whole new outlook and vision of what I wanted to accomplish. And, of course, like everyone else I tried desperately to get that "brown" sound every time I plugged in ! . ........'' Interview with Jake E. Lee -VAN HALEN TRIBUTE Cd

ps 8) there are some vids on Jake with a ’’boxed’’ leg !!! 8)

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:04 am

Was it Jimmy Bain that said there are recordings of the Dio rehearsals? Also given all of the "new" Randy Rhoads stuff that is coming to light (or is it?), I don't think it would be to far fetched for especially something by Teaser, who was an unsigned band (as far as I know), to show up only now. Especially if people start asking around to people like Julie who have a connection to that band. I wonder if the venue they played at in San Diego recorded any of the shows back then. Also, Jake did play fusion, he also played in a production of the musical "Oklahoma" if I remember right and he was also in a disco band. I also wonder if his auditions for Ozzy and Dio were taped, those would be cool to hear!!! I have also always wondered if any of his early piano stuff was taped anywhere as he was classically trained and is a very good piano player. I've just heard so much about his playing with Teaser that I think its worth it to at least ask the question, and would love to hear anything else he's done that might be floating around out there also.

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:42 pm

.....WITH JAKE E's CLASSICAL PIANOPLAY even he hated it practicing 3-5h a day until he was 16, as he went to a Music Conservatory at 12 years old -young :!: :!: . Jake was the 2nd ever attended in that age then !
.....i compare him to elton john... :idea: but some info first ...
ps
yeah, amii stewart=disco is great
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:28 pm

Maybe in future there can be a special gathering of JAKE's Music Era's on Cd: from the music Vault that's rare we never heard from TEASER, BADLANDS, OZZY & WA...'even his/JAKE E. LEE Solo "Pink Mist" music Career "all" of them vital.
That music JAKE video youtube came up when I "clicked" on the link above but youtube mojo-server is s-l-o-w so I couldn't hear anything happening at all. BUT I say that the Tribute Jake E. Lee youtube page looks phenomanel: very nicely put together/I shall definately vinture back there :!: Wow...'very beautiful and never knew that JAKE did some live shows when "A Fine Pink Mist" came out! I hope you have live footage of that. Thank you for sharing. Peace!

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey everybody, I'm just trying to find some more stuff on Jake that's all, its been a while since we heard from him and I thought being that julie had a link to Teaser we might get lucky.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...