Over The Mountain

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Over The Mountain

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:48 pm

My favorite Rhoads era Ozzy song that Jake did has always been "Mr. Crowley", Jake just burned that song up. This weekend I listened to a concert from England on TUS tour where the power goes out on "Mr. Crowley", when it comes back on they do "Over The Mountain" and Jake just kills it, it may be his most impressive use of a non-tremelo guitar on a song that almost demands one. That concert also has one of the few performances of "Never" on it, 2 fabulous songs that Ozzy performed far to few times. Still can't get over Jake's "Over The Mountain", that is just killer!!!!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Over The Mountain

Postby bubbles » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 am

Ahh! the Manchester show, I love to hear errors and listen how they deal with the problems. It was about a week later that the band played 'Over the Mountain' with vocals live for the very last time!
Its amazing to me to think that they just abandoned this song 25 years ago? that is even more odd when yo consider that Zakk Wylde said it is his favorite Rand Rhoads written song.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:25 pm

I always figured they dropped songs because Ozzy was having a hard time singing them (Rock-n-Roll Rebel, Never), Ozzy never even attempted "Lightning Strikes" live as well only doing "Diary of a Madman" just a few times. We've been posting about "OTM" over at ultimaterhoads.com to, just a killer song and Jake absolutely killed it on that Manchester show, it ("OTM") may be my all time favorite Randy song, although I also like "Diary" and "S.A.T.O." alot to.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:15 pm

I think I heard some of "Over the Mountain" & saw bits/pieces of JAKE E. LEE performing it live and it's pretty heavy/Epic isn't it: pity that something so masterful/and that Mr. RHOADS enjoyed writting & playin' is no longer being played. Due to all the strange/emotions OZZY maybe going, through anyway...'hopefully those early treasure music footages of Mr. Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee and Zakk Wylde will be respectfully documented, nothing erased in other words. Much respects.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...