NEW BADLANDS RECORD??

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

NEW BADLANDS RECORD??

Postby mcklein » Sat May 15, 2010 9:40 pm

WHAT ABOUT A NEW BADLANDS CD WITH GREG CHAISSON, JEFF MARTIN, JAKE E LEE (OF COURSE!!) AND ONI LOGAN ON VOCALS!!!! DID YOU HEARD THE SONG "SMOKE AND MIRRORS" FROM LYNCH MOB LAST WORK?? HIS VOICE IS LIKE RAY GILLEN, IF JAKE E LEE HEARD HIM FOR SURE HE WILL CALL MR LOGAN TO JOIN THE BAND.

Killer of Giants

Re: NEW BADLANDS RECORD??

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Sun May 16, 2010 7:41 am

Again -

Aint ever gonna happen. And what would be the point? you can`t replace Ray.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Sun May 16, 2010 8:49 am

Sorry But I don't think Oni Sounds Like Ray...Similar Tone But Not Bluesy enough nor Crisp enough in the upper register or smooth enough
John West (Who already had a Stint..love to hear any of those demos)or Robin kyle Basuri (Red Sea) would be Perfect
Glenn Hughes or Rob Lamothe would also be Amazing

Postby mcklein » Sun May 16, 2010 3:06 pm

well, i just want jake and the guys come back with badlands

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Sun May 16, 2010 8:47 pm

My vote is for another album like A Fine Pink Mist for the fact that it seemed to have been done without any regard of making anyone but himself happy.

It certainly wasn't going to be a commercial album with the styles that he went after.

If he is going to do a vocal project, I'd love to see Tony Martin involved. He's done some wonderful stuff outside of Black Sabbath, the project he did Cozy Powell's Forcefield topping the list.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 am

Jake67 wrote:My vote is for another album like A Fine Pink Mist

Agreed - AFPM is an amazing album! It would be great if Jake did a followup.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby kevinxdunk » Tue May 18, 2010 2:06 am

I would like A Fine Pink Mist to be reissued....how hard to find a new copy now, prices are flying

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:59 am

mcklein wrote:WHAT ABOUT A NEW BADLANDS CD WITH GREG CHAISSON, JEFF MARTIN, JAKE E LEE (OF COURSE!!) AND ONI LOGAN ON VOCALS!!!! DID YOU HEARD THE SONG "SMOKE AND MIRRORS" FROM LYNCH MOB LAST WORK?? HIS VOICE IS LIKE RAY GILLEN, IF JAKE E LEE HEARD HIM FOR SURE HE WILL CALL MR LOGAN TO JOIN THE BAND.

I share your sentiments Mcklein and as a Oni fan that would be cool but replacing Ray? If Jake would even do it? 1st-I wouldn't call it Badlands, maybe Voodoo Highway or Dusk. 2nd- I think Jake is content to do what he is doing and this will never happen. But you are right that would be awesome.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue May 18, 2010 6:46 pm

I think Jake just has too much respect for Ray's memory to ever call anything Badlands again. I do think Oni would be a good match vocal-wise for Jakes playing, I wouldn't mind hearing the band that did "Retraced" do an original record, that would be great as they are all just legendary musicians. To be honest, I'd be happy with most whatever Jake decided to do if he ever chooses to record/play live again.

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:17 am

kevinxdunk wrote:I would like A Fine Pink Mist to be reissued....how hard to find a new copy now, prices are flying

YES PLEASE , THIS GUY /COMPANY WHO BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL AFiPiMi STUDIO-TAPE THAT WAS ON AN AUCTION A FEW YEARS AGO
OR ELSE A WISH THAT :

^..§/^ ..§/^ ..§/^ ..§/^..§/^

Jake E Lee
MAKES ANOTHER SOLO-ALBUM

he is
♦ PROGRAMMING, EDITING
+

and of course
♦ PLAYING ALL INSTRUMENTS
LIKE THE '' A Fine Pink Mist '' - ALBUM
+
WITH
♦ CLASSICAL PIANOPLAY
(even he wasnt amused by then he went to a Music Conservatory at 12 years old ...young (!!) the 2nd ever attended in that age)
+
HIS
♦ RAW AND MELODIC GUITAR PLAY
(like the other ½ of Ozzydemo to the Ultimate Sin-stuff ,,etc ,,etc )

!!!!!!!P L E A S E !!!!!!!
Last edited by alfamy1 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri May 21, 2010 4:36 pm

If Jake E. Lee ever did re-join with his fellow bandmates Greg Chaisson, Jeff Martin & Eric Singer in honor of Ray Gillen during a BADLANDS recording: I say maybe the majority of it should be instrumental with musician Vocalist friends like Glenn Hughes/RAY admired him much & they worked together once & were friends, John West/beautiful strong voice and I really like the Vocalist Chris Logan on JAKE's solo "Retraced" album...'Wow, he can sing!!! Making a guests appearance on it...'that would be special/I quess Oni could be on it too, but I never heard him sing. The other's so mentioned I heard sing and what "lovely-powerhouse" Vocal lungs they have...'for sure they can compliment RAY GILLEN & his Fellow BADLANDS bandmates to heart. Thank about it BADLANDS: Jake, Greg & Jeff. PEACE and much respects! :twisted: 8)

Postby mcklein » Sat May 22, 2010 6:20 pm

JAKE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU MAN?? DO SOMETHING, NEW MATERIAL, NEW SONGS. PLEASE. YOU ARE A GREAT GUITAR PLAYER, IT'S A VERY SHAME THAT YOU ARE NOT PLAYING. YOUR LAST ALBUM WAS RETRACED AWESOME. THE BANDS OF THE 80'S ARE BACK.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby DemonAGoGo » Tue May 25, 2010 2:22 am

What about Mike Onesko on vocals?

He's played with Tim Bogert and Greg Chaisson too - just like Jake - even moreso.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby tenfingersofdoom » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:51 pm

i think chris logan would be a good choice. i believe he's in vegas too.

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:30 pm

suitable vocals are hard to find
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...