This is confusing me

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

This is confusing me

Postby alfamy1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:05 am

This .jpg-pict is clearly a transcription of sitd and obviously Jake who has written it by hand-so is my Q.. why does Phil Soussan getting all credit for Shot in the dark- anyone can xplain it !?
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

All Access Member

Re: This is confusing me

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 pm

What you have is Jake's "transcription" of the guitar parts in that song, not the actual original written song. Phil (or Phil and an old bandmate depending on who you ask) actually wrote "Shot in the Dark" a few years prior to him joining Ozzy. I think it had a different title and maybe some different lyrics (not sure about that), but the music was already there. I remember Jake talking about when Phil brought that song to them, that he and Ozzy weren't real sure about it, but that producer Ron Nevison really liked it and pushed for it to be the first single on TUS and that it worked out real well. I think that interview is in a "Guitar for the Practicing Musician" magazine (or maybe a guitar world), I believe its the one with Jake and the purple Charvel on the cover. But that is a cool transcription, especially being that Jake did it by hand.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:50 pm

"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby alfamy1 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:58 pm

tedeeoo wrote:What you have is Jake's "transcription" of the guitar parts in that song, not the actual original written song. Phil (or Phil and an old bandmate depending on who you ask) actually wrote "Shot in the Dark" a few years prior to him joining Ozzy. I think it had a different title and maybe some different lyrics (not sure about that), but the music was already there. I remember Jake talking about when Phil brought that song to them, that he and Ozzy weren't real sure about it, but that producer Ron Nevison really liked it and pushed for it to be the first single on TUS and that it worked out real well. I think that interview is in a "Guitar for the Practicing Musician" magazine (or maybe a guitar world), I believe its the one with Jake and the purple Charvel on the cover. But that is a cool transcription, especially being that Jake did it by hand.

8) ''..... Phil and an old bandmate depending on who you ask'' :lol: -I'M CURIOUS LOL ! IN guitar world I GUESS I HAVE SEEN IT-THE STORY ABOUT NEVISON AND JAKE HEADBUTTING, RIGHT - I WOULD LOVE JAKE TELLING MORE ABOUT HIS WORK AND LIFE AROUND THE OZZY-TIME + ABOUT HIS VERY SPECIAL CHILDHOOD + THE REST !
ANYWAYZ I FOUND THIS IN WIPI ON THE TITLE OF 'SITD' . OBVIOUSLY JAKE RE-WROTE THE GUITARSECTION, BUT U KNOW..''Soussan had to re-write the song including new lyrics. Osbourne then requested 50% ownership of the song as a condition of recording it.''
......WHO IZZ OZZYS LAWYER -I WONDER :x :x -AND I GUESS JAKE IZ SOO TIRED ABOUT ANOTHER *!”#¤%&%¤&& :!:AND YES ,METALHEAD IT'S SOUSSANS EARLIER BAND+'SITD' SRY I DIDNT SEE IT

I WANNA HAVE A PAINTING MADE FROM JAKEE :idea: !!
#### WOOD LOVE TO SEE JAKE E SURROUNDED WITH
LOADS OF EFFECTS AND MUSIC INSTRUMENTZ LIKELY A MUSIC-LABORATORY !! ####

Return to All things Jake E Lee...