What happened with Mickey Thomas project?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

What happened with Mickey Thomas project?

Postby judomayhem » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:45 am

I know that he and Jake were doing recordings a while back. Did that ever go anywhere or see the light of day?

All Access Member

Re: What happened with Mickey Thomas project?

Postby tedeeoo » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:27 am

I read an interview with Mickey not to long ago where he said that project was about to be released, I can't recall the site. He did mention that Jake played on it as well as some other famous musicians also.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:19 am

Mickey Thomas 8O " We Built this City on Rock N Roll " :lol: Voted worst song ever on VH1 :lol: Good singer though and hopefully we can here what jake did with him .

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:09 am

Funny thing about "worst songs" from the MTV era... it's often not the song that people truly dislike, but the video.

I don't think We Built This City was so much a bad song as a bad video that didn't feel in sync with the image of a long-established band.

Just hearing the song on the radio (and not knowing the band), it's actually a very catchy song.

The only Billy Squier song I like is the one that apparently sunk his career... because of the video. That was Rock Me Tonight.

It's a great song cranked up in the car. But I can understand how the prancing around on the bed turned off some fans long-time fans.

As much as I loved the early days of MTV, it did kind of wreck some songs where we're now forever stuck with the image of the cheesy video in our heads.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 am

If I remember right Mickey said the record has a more straight ahead rock feel to it.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Mickey Thomas also sang some great songs such as 'Fooled Around and Fell in Love', which was a great song from the 70's written by Elvin Bishop.
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Jake67 wrote:Funny thing about "worst songs" from the MTV era... it's often not the song that people truly dislike, but the video.

I don't think We Built This City was so much a bad song as a bad video that didn't feel in sync with the image of a long-established band.

Just hearing the song on the radio (and not knowing the band), it's actually a very catchy song.

The only Billy Squier song I like is the one that apparently sunk his career... because of the video. That was Rock Me Tonight.

It's a great song cranked up in the car. But I can understand how the prancing around on the bed turned off some fans long-time fans.

As much as I loved the early days of MTV, it did kind of wreck some songs where we're now forever stuck with the image of the cheesy video in our heads.

That is so true and good food for thought :D I wasnt Putting Mickey Thomas down but that song did suck

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:56 am

tedeeoo wrote:If I remember right Mickey said the record has a more straight ahead rock feel to it.

Man, everyone is back in to that feel, personally I have never left it, even the old geezers have a hard time convincing the masses that they have the formula. :) All the best I hope they get that formula :)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:57 pm

That's true it was mentioned sometime back that JAKE was working on a music project with the MICKEY THOMAS (his from JEFFERSON Airplane or is it JEFFERSON Starship...'interesting band I could never figure out their right name). Anyway, his a heavy Classic Rocker musician too and he has a great Voice and would of loved to have seen Vocalist/Mickey Thomas and Guitarist/Jake E. Lee used their electric talents in the future: I know JAKE is busy now with his band 3 DAY CRUSH finally saw their latest youtube video and the Drummer Levine says their (Lee, Rocker and Levine) are in the midst of signing a Contract and planning to Tour Toronto, Canada and making new music grooves/recording! :D Big smile. That's awesome news! So all in all it looks like JAKE E. LEE is in the midst of bringing many new surprises to his fans and the music media at large. Nice!!! Can't wait for that.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...