Refusing to guest on That Metal Show

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Would you like to see Jake on That Metal Show?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:02 am

Hell Yeah!
86%
Not Really Sure?
2%
No - Leave It Alone.
12%

Total votes : 59
Rock N' Roll Rebel

Refusing to guest on That Metal Show

Postby TabithaLordz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Just a bit pissed. I have been a longtime fan of Jake's and have been recently informed by Eddie Trunk that Jake refuses to appear on That Metal Show as a guest. :roll:

I mean seriously now. If it is about money it can be arranged. There should be no excuse from Mr. Lee as to why he continues to seclude himself in a cage, rather than take himself for a walk. :idea: Jake, your fans would love to see you on That Metal Show! :!:

Why ponder about the streets of Las Vegas performing hole in the wall venues and selling CD'S for $5 when you are way worth more than that!

--- Message I received on Twitter from Eddie Trunk ----

Quote DM from Eddie Trunk:

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
@
@Tabitha_Lordz tried a million times. Will not do interviews

End Quote

All Access Member

Re: Refusing to guest on That Metal Show

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:00 pm

I have to wonder though if Jake actually refused or if its just that no one can really get in touch with Jake. If he did refuse I'm sure he has his reasons, Jake has always pretty much done things his own way and I'm sure at this point he's not going to change. That being said, I'd love to see him on there (and anywhere else for that matter). Who knows, he has been somewhat more visible over the last year so maybe he'll change his mind.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:09 pm

tedeeoo wrote:I have to wonder though if Jake actually refused or if its just that no one can really get in touch with Jake.

- Your kidding me right? :roll: We are talking about Eddie Trunk.

If he did refuse I'm sure he has his reasons, Jake has always pretty much done things his own way and I'm sure at this point he's not going to change.

-Same reason a million times? 8O WOW!

That being said, I'd love to see him on there (and anywhere else for that matter). Who knows, he has been somewhat more visible over the last year so maybe he'll change his mind.

- :idea: That is why I created this thread. A little "persuasion" from us fans? :idea:

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Not disputing that Eddie Trunk said that, but I have heard Eddie say on TMS, that no one can get in touch with Jake. He (Eddie) himself, had to ask Warren Demartini and Stephen Pearcy while they were on the show what Jake was up to because he could not find out himself. Believe me, I understand the frustration more than you can imagine, but I also have an immense amount of respect for Jake E. Lee. He doesn't really owe us anything and if he is happy with the way things are, then I am happy for him.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:41 pm

tedeeoo wrote:Not disputing that Eddie Trunk said that, but I have heard Eddie say on TMS, that no one can get in touch with Jake. He (Eddie) himself, had to ask Warren Demartini and Stephen Pearcy while they were on the show what Jake was up to because he could not find out himself. Believe me, I understand the frustration more than you can imagine, but I also have an immense amount of respect for Jake E. Lee.

He doesn't really owe us anything and if he is happy with the way things are, then I am happy for him.

Of course he owes us fans. :wink: LOL if it were not for us and Black Sabbath where would he be? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Ha!Ha! I hear ya!!! :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 pm

TabithaLordz wrote:
tedeeoo wrote:Not disputing that Eddie Trunk said that, but I have heard Eddie say on TMS, that no one can get in touch with Jake. He (Eddie) himself, had to ask Warren Demartini and Stephen Pearcy while they were on the show what Jake was up to because he could not find out himself. Believe me, I understand the frustration more than you can imagine, but I also have an immense amount of respect for Jake E. Lee.

He doesn't really owe us anything and if he is happy with the way things are, then I am happy for him.

Of course he owes us fans. :wink: LOL if it were not for us and Black Sabbath where would he be? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

probably where he is right now....OUT of the limelight :wink:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:21 pm

sytharnia wrote:
TabithaLordz wrote:

The world is only as dark as he makes it, but he doesn't have to make it dark for us. :lol:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:26 pm

sytharnia wrote:
TabithaLordz wrote:

What is up with the proactive support of Jake in isolation? C'mon people, respect and individualism only goes so far. It is the Eddie Trunk Show, not the Superbowl halftime. The more you guys peel Jake some grapes he will not bother to do it himself.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:30 pm

sytharnia wrote:
TabithaLordz wrote:

Cliff Burton is in the dark. Shall we just bury Jake too?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:41 pm

sytharnia wrote:
TabithaLordz wrote:

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
@
@Tabitha_Lordz Jake has been asked countless times to do my radio and TV shows. He is welcome but zero response. Won't do interviews.
2 minutes ago

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:07 pm

I do enjoy That Metal Show, but they don't always do great interviews. The Uli Jon Roth interview last Saturday was a good example... a legend on guitar and he was treated almost like an after-thought.

Even with an hour-long show, it's just not setup for a really deep interview with someone. The audience looks a little scary, too. ;)

So if I were Jake, TMS wouldn't be on my radar. He'd simply be asked where he's been, what it was like with Ozzy, and maybe a few words about Badlands. Hardly worth the drive in for him, especially if he has nothing to plug.

As a guitarist, I might opt for some guitar mag if I was going to do an interview since that would focus more on the music and less on band history and dynamics.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Jake67 wrote:I do enjoy That Metal Show, but they don't always do great interviews. The Uli Jon Roth interview last Saturday was a good example... a legend on guitar and he was treated almost like an after-thought.

-That is your opinion. If TMS was that sh#tty, they would not get guys like Roth on there. :roll:

Even with an hour-long show, it's just not setup for a really deep interview with someone. The audience looks a little scary, too. ;)

-are you shedding tears? 8O

So if I were Jake, TMS wouldn't be on my radar. He'd simply be asked where he's been, what it was like with Ozzy, and maybe a few words about Badlands. Hardly worth the drive in for him, especially if he has nothing to plug.

-Your not Jake so speculation is dismissed. You sure know the interview process and are very observant of TMS for being a hater. Jake does not need anything to plug - It's Jake. :roll:

As a guitarist, I might opt for some guitar mag if I was going to do an interview since that would focus more on the music and less on band history and dynamics.

-So legendary guitarist only do magazine plugs? You are basing this knowing it is harder to get into mags (Rolling Stone, etc.) than onto TMS?

This is fun.... :lol:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Jake67 wrote:I do enjoy That Metal Show, but they don't always do great interviews. The Uli Jon Roth interview last Saturday was a good example... a legend on guitar and he was treated almost like an after-thought.

I know what it is! (snapping fingers) It is encounters from aliens. 8O

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:41 am

Wow... your ability to take my words and twist them into something that suits you is impressive.

I never said TMS was sh#tty. Never. You can't find me saying it anywhere. In fact, clear as day, I said I enjoy the show but that they don't always do great interviews. I didn't say they never did great interviews, just not always.

What I did say is that I didn't think the show was worth Jake's time. Don't confuse that with hating the show.

That's fine if you want to dismiss my speculation. But it's interesting how you then go on to speculate what my meaning is. I guess that's OK when you do it?

No where did I say legendary guitarists only do magazine plugs. That would be silly since the TMS episode I mentioned had two legendary guitarists on the show. Next week will be the same story with Ace.

You're the one who suggested something like Rolling Stone while I was specific about "guitar" mags. Jake was featured in many back in the day around the world and I would imagine they'd love to have him again for a discussion about his true gift... playing guitar. Not the drama of the bands he was in.

Please point out where I said it's harder to get into mags than TMS.

Finally, as a matter of fact, I do know the interview process. It was part of my career for a number of years. But that wouldn't fit into the narrative you're trying to create for me, I suppose.

I'm here to talk to other fans in an adult manner. Sorry we couldn't have an adult conversation about this.

Good luck to you.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...