Refusing to guest on That Metal Show

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Would you like to see Jake on That Metal Show?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:02 am

Hell Yeah!
86%
Not Really Sure?
2%
No - Leave It Alone.
12%

Total votes : 59
Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Refusing to guest on That Metal Show

Postby TabithaLordz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:04 am

Jake67 wrote:Wow... your ability to take my words and twist them into something that suits you is impressive.

-It is called dissecting your statement.

I never said TMS was sh#tty. Never. You can't find me saying it anywhere.

-Ugh, you had nothing good to say about TMS. Therefore your impression of the show was clearly validated with your statement.

In fact, clear as day, I said I enjoy the show but that they don't always do great interviews. I didn't say they never did great interviews, just not always.

-Actually to be exact you opened your reply with "I do enjoy That Metal Show, but they don't always do great interviews." and then spent about...oh lets say 4 paragraphs complaining about TMS.
:arrow: Kind of a contradiction.

What I did say is that I didn't think the show was worth Jake's time. Don't confuse that with hating the show.

- So if you liked the show, then it would be worth his time. :?:

That's fine if you want to dismiss my speculation. But it's interesting how you then go on to speculate what my meaning is. I guess that's OK when you do it?

-I did not perform any "Speculation" I simply did some "Translation".

No where did I say legendary guitarists only do magazine plugs.

- (quoting you) "As a guitarist, I might opt for some guitar mag if I was going to do an interview since that would focus more on the music and less on band history and dynamics."
-First of all -> Since we are talking about Jake we are talking legend. Secondly, you placed yourself in a guitarist position (Jakes?) and proceeded to opt or promote a priority with magazines to plug suggesting that TMS only focuses on band history. Right? It is there, read it. 8O

That would be silly since the TMS episode I mentioned had two legendary guitarists on the show. Next week will be the same story with Ace.

-(quoting you again) "The Uli Jon Roth interview last Saturday was a good example... a legend on guitar and he was treated almost like an after-thought. "
-Yes I agree. That was silly of you. :wink:

You're the one who suggested something like Rolling Stone while I was specific about "guitar" mags. Jake was featured in many back in the day around the world and I would imagine they'd love to have him again for a discussion about his true gift... playing guitar. Not the drama of the bands he was in.

-So again you are bashing TMS for their reputation for interviews on previous band history. You sure you like TMS?

Please point out where I said it's harder to get into mags than TMS.
- :arrow: (IWROTE) So legendary guitarist only do magazine plugs? You are basing this knowing it is harder to get into mags (Rolling Stone, etc.) than onto TMS?
-Do you even know why I wrote that? :?:

Finally, as a matter of fact, I do know the interview process. It was part of my career for a number of years. But that wouldn't fit into the narrative you're trying to create for me, I suppose.
-Are you plugging yourself? :roll:

I'm here to talk to other fans in an adult manner. Sorry we couldn't have an adult conversation about this.
-Oh this is manner open for interpretation. :lol:

Good luck to you.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 am

Jake67 wrote:
Wow... your ability to take my words and twist them into something that suits you is impressive.

-It is called dissecting your statement.

I never said TMS was sh#tty. Never. You can't find me saying it anywhere.

-Ugh, you had nothing good to say about TMS. Therefore your impression of the show was clearly validated with your statement.

In fact, clear as day, I said I enjoy the show but that they don't always do great interviews. I didn't say they never did great interviews, just not always.

-Actually to be exact you opened your reply with "I do enjoy That Metal Show, but they don't always do great interviews." and then spent about...oh lets say 4 paragraphs complaining about TMS.
Arrow Kind of a contradiction.

What I did say is that I didn't think the show was worth Jake's time. Don't confuse that with hating the show.

- So if you liked the show, then it would be worth his time. Question

That's fine if you want to dismiss my speculation. But it's interesting how you then go on to speculate what my meaning is. I guess that's OK when you do it?

-I did not perform any "Speculation" I simply did some "Translation".

No where did I say legendary guitarists only do magazine plugs.

- (quoting you) "As a guitarist, I might opt for some guitar mag if I was going to do an interview since that would focus more on the music and less on band history and dynamics."
-First of all -> Since we are talking about Jake we are talking legend. Secondly, you placed yourself in a guitarist position (Jakes?) and proceeded to opt or promote a priority with magazines to plug suggesting that TMS only focuses on band history. Right? It is there, read it. Shocked

That would be silly since the TMS episode I mentioned had two legendary guitarists on the show. Next week will be the same story with Ace.

-(quoting you again) "The Uli Jon Roth interview last Saturday was a good example... a legend on guitar and he was treated almost like an after-thought. "
-Yes I agree. That was silly of you. Wink

You're the one who suggested something like Rolling Stone while I was specific about "guitar" mags. Jake was featured in many back in the day around the world and I would imagine they'd love to have him again for a discussion about his true gift... playing guitar. Not the drama of the bands he was in.

-So again you are bashing TMS for their reputation for interviews on previous band history. You sure you like TMS?

Please point out where I said it's harder to get into mags than TMS.
- Arrow (IWROTE) So legendary guitarist only do magazine plugs? You are basing this knowing it is harder to get into mags (Rolling Stone, etc.) than onto TMS?
-Do you even know why I wrote that? Question

Finally, as a matter of fact, I do know the interview process. It was part of my career for a number of years. But that wouldn't fit into the narrative you're trying to create for me, I suppose.
-Are you plugging yourself? Rolling Eyes

I'm here to talk to other fans in an adult manner. Sorry we couldn't have an adult conversation about this.
-Oh this is manner open for interpretation. Laughing

Good luck to you too.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby floridageorgiagal » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:22 am

Guys calm down. I'll see if Jake will do the show. He does not like the drama th
ough.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:18 am

floridageorgiagal wrote:Guys calm down. I'll see if Jake will do the show. He does not like the drama th
ough.

WHATEVER , UR SPELLING GOOD OR PRETENDING .... :arrow: :arrow:
LET HIM , JAKE E, BE MILES AWAY FROM EDDIE TRUNK :!:
... EVEN PAUL STANLEY DOESNT STAND THIS BIG EGOTALKER ET
:!:

//

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 am

Anim8 wrote:
floridageorgiagal wrote:Guys calm down. I'll see if Jake will do the show. He does not like the drama th
ough.

//

What???? :roll:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:32 am

Anim8 wrote:
ough.

//

Why are you comparing Jake to Paul anyways? Vastly different in their careers as musicians.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 am

TabithaLordz wrote:
Anim8 wrote: :arrow: :arrow:
... EVEN PAUL STANLEY DOESNT STAND THIS BIG EGOTALKER ET [/b]:!: [/color]//

Why are you comparing Jake to Paul anyways? Vastly different in their careers as musicians.

I WOULD RATHER SEE A VIDEO ON U-TUBE MADE BY AN AMATEUR WHEN JAKE E IS HAVING MORE SYMPOSIUMS / LECTURES AT M.I -IT WAS A JAWDROPPING EVENT, SOMEBODY'S REFERENCED ,,,,,,,

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:08 am

Anim8 wrote:
TabithaLordz wrote:
Anim8 wrote: :arrow: :arrow:
... EVEN PAUL STANLEY DOESNT STAND THIS BIG EGOTALKER ET [/b]:!: [/color]//

I WOULD RATHER SEE A VIDEO ON U-TUBE MADE BY AN AMATEUR WHEN JAKE E IS HAVING MORE SYMPOSIUMS / LECTURES AT M.I -IT WAS A JAWDROPPING EVENT, SOMEBODY'S REFERENCED ,,,,,,,

Your kidding me right? Ever thought that sources available on youtube are either outdated or misinformed and unreliable? Jake does not even have a Youtube Channel. Not all his fans want to go to a seminar to catch up on his career. That is why TMS is the mainstream, readily available, reliable and accessible source today.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm

TabithaLordz wrote:Your kidding me right? Ever thought that sources available on youtube are either outdated or misinformed and unreliable? Jake does not even have a Youtube Channel. Not all his fans want to go to a seminar to catch up on his career. That is why TMS is the mainstream, readily available, reliable and accessible source today.
...EVEN THOUGH I'M JUST TRYING TO ''CREDIT EMPATHY '' TO BOTH SIDES i.e. JAKE AND FANS-THAT CARES.
YT IS AN OPTION FOR PPL LIKE JAKEE MAKING BOTH PERSONAL/MUSICAL STATEMENT ,AND FOR A REAL AND ''UNCUT'' VERSION MUCH BETTER, I THINK !... WELL IN THIS CASE I PREFER JAKE E IN THE 'LIMELIGHT' EVEN IN A MAGAZINE OR WHATEVER WRITTEN DOWN BY A RELEVANT REPORTER ...YUP, APPARENTLY THERE SEEMS TO BE ''PPL'' TALKING ABOUT HIM ON SOME OF THESE YT-VIDEOS WITHOUT HIS PRESENCE-I AGREE ,NOT TRUTHWORTHY,,,,JAKEES PASSION IS MUSICTERMS -HIS PERSONALITY NOT BEING MAINSTREAM,,,,,AND I GUESS JAKEE WONT BE OUT THERE ONLY TALKING ABOUT HIS JAM-SESSIONS ..AND SO THERE MIGHT BE STUFF THAT'S HARD TO BRING UP,TOO
JAKEE IS PRETTY AWARE OF WHEN SAYING 'a' THERE'LL BE A CONTINUING TO 'b,c, , , ,' WHATS RELIABLE ANYWAY..AND THIS EDDIE COULD BE BULKY
Jake does not even have a Youtube Channel. ...WHO KNOWS... 8O ... LOL
//

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Jake owes us nothing lol. He has the right to live his life the way he wants too. I take great solace in the fact he is back out rocking again and enjoying every minute of it. He has cemented his legacy as a guitar god and has nothing left to prove to anyone.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:09 pm

MrScary1971 wrote:Jake owes us nothing lol. He has the right to live his life the way he wants too. I take great solace in the fact he is back out rocking again and enjoying every minute of it. He has cemented his legacy as a guitar god and has nothing left to prove to anyone.

Im in the middle about "owing". I would not use that term though. I am just saying that alot of the younger generation today would like to know him. It seems there are alot of fans from day one on here that are used to keeping up with their favorite artist the old fashioned way. Today (me included/35 yrs old) would like to be able to have a sense of what you guys had and be able to share that with my musical knowledge. In todays society there are limited resources that are available for the metal industry fans to stay up to date on whats going on in the community.

The first one is the internet. I have googled Jake to the point that google does not say google anymore, it says "please dont search Jake again", but when I do it is all stale information.

Secondly the internet communities. Twitter, Youtube, Facebook,Myspace, etc. There are a lot of sources for staying up to date but are not validated or genuine sources.

Thirdly - Articles, interviews, Magazines, etc. They are also available. But I have not seen Jake in any of them.

Finally I rest my case with TMS. Of course there are going to be haters that hate. Just like there are fans that advocate. TMS is contraversial because of so many reasons. But from what I have read in this forum everyone has wached it...and well enough to quote the show. I have yet to read any comments about a magazine or other resource that compares to the content that TMS provides. Not only that but TMS has no age discrimination in audience. By that I mean there are old and young members alike that want to stay informed on their favorite artist. Me being 35 wanting to catch up on favorite artists---young and old. I do not know the percentage of someone that would rather set their DVR for TMS or subscribe or buy a magazine article featuring their favorite artist, but I must admit that TMS always has great guests and it is nice to hear the artist speak for themselves rather than through a reporter.

That being said, I have not seen Jake be proactive with any of the available resources mentioned above.

Postby Fretman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 am

If Jake wanted to do interviews or put himself under the spotlight there are plenty of sources that would happily give him a venue. He has chosen to lay low for a long time now, so it doesn't suprise me that he doesn't want to appear on TMS. I'm sure he has nothing against Eddie Trunk or TMS. If anything, I'd be happy for him to put out more music one day, but he doesn't owe us fans anything, and if he chooses to remain under the radar then so be it.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:32 am

Fretman wrote:If Jake wanted to do interviews or put himself under the spotlight there are plenty of sources that would happily give him a venue. He has chosen to lay low for a long time now, so it doesn't suprise me that he doesn't want to appear on TMS. I'm sure he has nothing against Eddie Trunk or TMS. If anything, I'd be happy for him to put out more music one day, but he doesn't owe us fans anything, and if he chooses to remain under the radar then so be it.

Very well put.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby TabithaLordz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Fretman wrote:If Jake wanted to do interviews or put himself under the spotlight there are plenty of sources that would happily give him a venue.

-Everyone already knows that. Lets read something we don't already know.

He has chosen to lay low for a long time now, so it doesn't suprise me that he doesn't want to appear on TMS.

-I comes as no suprise to all of us. #alreadyknown

I'm sure he has nothing against Eddie Trunk or TMS.

-That remains to be proven.

If anything, I'd be happy for him to put out more music one day,

-Join the club

but he doesn't owe us fans anything, and if he chooses to remain under the radar then so be it.

-The poll in this thread proves otherwise.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 pm

If Jake doesnt want to go on for an interview, so be it, he owes no one anything, he gave us his music, we owe him to repsect his privacy, I have been in dark places before, I didnt want to gig let alone go outside the house. When hes ready, he will come out an talk. :)

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...