HOLY SHIT...hold on to your hats Jake fans...

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Re: HOLY SHIT...hold on to your hats Jake fans...

Postby seasons » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Actually the whole 'he'd rather play with B&T than deal with shady promoters or play bark at the moon 750 times' is such a crock of shit.

Other than the bar band he sat in with a year or two ago, what band has he been in in the last 24 years where he's "HAD to play bark at the moon"???

For those needing help: ABSOLUTELY NONE.

And shady promoters? Oh please. To say that those statements are putting a major spin on his not doing a thing in recent years, would be a MAJOR understatement. Neither of those 2 things had ANYTHING what so ever to do with it and anybody who has a clue about Jake knows that.

Is it cool that he's finally done SOMETHING and even appeared in a video?? Hell yes, that's great!

But is it really lame that it's with a band like that and the caliber of the other 'special guests' is Ron Keel and Blas Elias?? VERY lame. And then this crap band, that was so obscure 20 years ago that they make Badlands look like a stadium band, takes a stab at a huge band like Kiss (not even sure if they can even use Gene's likeness in such a manor) and they throw in some political statements?? This is their idea of re-presenting themselves to the world. Wow.

Of all the people that have reached out to him in recent years and all of the various offers he's been given and THIS is the one he accepts?

Jake E Lee: once again making solid choices

All Access Member

Postby timstar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:44 am

Jake doesn't actually play anything on this song, you guys know that right? You can tell its not his playing style.

He looks cool though.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:17 am

timstar wrote:Jake doesn't actually play anything on this song, you guys know that right? You can tell its not his playing style.

He looks cool though.

You never know ;)
Jake is so diverse so I guess he could play anything ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:35 am

seasons wrote:Of all the people that have reached out to him in recent years and all of the various offers he's been given and THIS is the one he accepts?

Jake E Lee: once again making solid choices

Yea, it's real shitty of him to do what he wants to do and not what we want him to do, isn't it? :roll:
Seriously, people have their own reasons for making their decisions and who are we to argue that he's not doing the best thing for himself? I'm pretty sure he's probably trying to steer clear of anything that would involve corporate bullshit. Good for him.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:58 am

Yea, it's real shitty of him to do what he wants to do and not what we want him to do, isn't it? :roll:
Seriously, people have their own reasons for making their decisions and who are we to argue that he's not doing the best thing for himself? I'm pretty sure he's probably trying to steer clear of anything that would involve corporate bullshit. Good for him.[/quote]

Very Well Put.

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 am

Doobie- Very wise words.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Just seen the video and then got right over to this site. Love it. Be nice to see him in some more stuff.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:39 pm

what choice he is to be making ,,,, seems not being ina single band, he jumps in when it feels appropriate OR he is asked to be OR he is jamming w/barbands i.e 3dc, OR he is hanging around helping young guitarists in musicstores ,,,
OF COURSE at least i would pleased with another of his own recorded music like AFPM

this video is just funmaking without any going-to-be-A-hit

well if U are sure if this is fraud or infringement in using Kiss/ etc so plz contact the band and their record label for info

btw about the video and poly-tics this sounds like a Bachman statement /i forgot to reply bf /='' gonna have no wage-limits and take the limits away of the minimum wage .. thats results that nobody will be unemployed.....''

and if Jakee himself would make a choice he wouldn't go to this site at all.....

SO is Jakey still HOT -I LIKE HIS OUTFITS, ALWAYS UNIQUE 8) 8) 8)

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Everyone take this for what its worth, but according to the ever reliable Blabbermouth that is indeed Jake actually playing the guitar solo on that song.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:24 pm

If Jake was, as Doobie says "Trying to steer clear of corporate bullshit", I'd imagine he wouldn't be appearing on an album and video for a band that's releasing an album on the biggest old school/melodic rock label in Europe.

Second, "corporate bullshit" to Jake is anything involving him being held to the slightest HINT of a schedule. The only thing that holds Jake down is the clock on the wall and that everyone else in life goes by it.

Hell, Jake would keep AXL himself waiting! (Now that was funny)

Tim, it's funny you say that about this solo not being his. I thought the same thing but left it out of my little rant. I see that blabbermouth article says it is so I guess it is. I wouldn't be surprised either way. It's 'nice' but a pretty typical, basic solo. And a pretty BS solo for Jake if it is him. Not bad, just the usual stuff that he can toss off in his sleep.

None of my comments have anything to do with what 'I' want him to do. HE'S the one who set the Jake E Lee standard and as fans I think it's fairly reasonable to point it when you're far off from the very bar you established in the first place. I love the guy. At least the 82-92 guy when he gave a shit.

All that said, I know a gift can be a curse and a burden at times. It is work and it's often difficult to fulfill the obligation of bringing it forth at all times, especially for people who can't balance it with their mortal self. The greater the gift, the harder it is to reconcile. BUT it is an obligation. Use it or lose it.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:28 pm

timstar wrote:Jake doesn't actually play anything on this song, you guys know that right? You can tell its not his playing style.

He looks cool though.

wrong dude...that is absolutely jakes playing in the solo

I could stop smiling after seeing that

All Access Member

Postby timstar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:43 am

I heard from someone who knows the band that it isn't Jake but I would be very happy to be proved wrong. The album is killer BTW.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:20 am

timstar wrote:I heard from someone who knows the band that it isn't Jake but I would be very happy to be proved wrong. The album is killer BTW.

WHO ??? Phil Soussan :?: :lol: :lol: :!:

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:29 am

Just by listening, seems it could be Jakes work easily. Somebody would have to check the liner notes of the actual cd to see if he is credited. I have not bought an actual cd in, I dont know how long. This is typical of what Jake has been doing lately. Doing some studio plugs and stuff. The fact that they had him physically appear in the video, is just awsome. Plus it does the job and brings attention to Beggars & Thieves which I have heard of, but never looked into. So, now I am curious.

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...