ozzy and jake question?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:49 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

ozzy and jake question?

Postby stringstapper » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:08 am

Why does it seem that ozzy really doesn,t like jake?
In the film"god bless ozzy osbourne" jake,s name doesnt get a look in?

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby nata115 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:06 am

Well.... I heard many different variants of the reason, why Jake left.... First, that Jake was kicked out, second - he left because he wanted make his own band. In some interviews Ozzy badmouths Jake, in some Jake badmouths Ozzy. In my opinion, there is/was maybe serious reason, but nobody of them doesn`t want talk about that.
PS: I heard some opinions from different people, that Jakes character is an a**hole. (not my opinion)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:11 am
Location: Poland

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby Aga-Ta » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 am

stringstapper wrote:Why does it seem that ozzy really doesn,t like jake?
In the film"god bless ozzy osbourne" jake,s name doesnt get a look in?


I watched this movie also waiting for some mention of Jake, but is not reached - it's very unfair.
I think we never know what really happened between them.

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby Shadow » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Never seen this vintage Classic footage of OZZY "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne." There's been a unbalance feeling between the two Ozzy Osbourne and Jake E. Lee since his departure from OZZY's band '85/'86. And it's a situration that only they can mend in which proberly has been enraptured sincerely & healed who knows some yrs back. Because OZZY does "also" speak well of JAKE E. LEE participation in his band...'I guess it all depends on OZZY's mood. Much respects :!:

Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:49 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby stringstapper » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:17 pm

i would love to hear the truth behind the rift but i guess it would be different from each other,s perspective.
Personally...i think jake was the best guitarist with ozzy
Its more his song writing for me,some amazing riffs in that era
He deserves more credit than what he gets IMO

Secret Loser
User avatar
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 am

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby Sunrise » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm

I would be suprised it ozzy has any memory of anything from the 80's. He's ruled by his wife and whatever she says he does whether he likes it or not. Personally I dont care what ozzy thinks of Jake.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby Doobie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Sunrise wrote:I would be suprised it ozzy has any memory of anything from the 80's. He's ruled by his wife and whatever she says he does whether he likes it or not. Personally I dont care what ozzy thinks of Jake.


Nail + hammer = BAM!! You hit it!!

Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: England

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby skezza » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:08 am

I don't think Ozzy has anything against Jake.

Sharon on the other hand...
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Rock N' Roll Rebel
User avatar
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: France

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby LinFilouX » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:25 am

Yeah, in fact Ozzy in a resent interview says about him he was as good as Randy. Ozzy's word! So it was not a musical problem at all.

In an audio interview of Phil sousam, Phil talks abour jake and how he was kicked. It is efectively Sharon that went out of patience with Jake about how the next album's wrting process. Phil and Randy Castillo complaining about not being there at the same time as them, various hours late. Jake never rejected the fact, he as is own notion of time, thats his carracter.

Phil also tells he found Jake "a strange guy", probably he never got along with him was well has with randy castillo. Personal things, not music.

Note by the way that Phil also quit not long after...

To quote from Jake, the good thing was it gave jake the oportunity to "open up" his playing leting go out his other influence like Blues and Funk. Another benefit was hearing him with a less crowned production.
Just one minute Imagine The Ultimate Sin album material produced like No More Tears...that yould be killer !!!

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby nata115 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:38 pm

I`ve red Ozzy`s interview, where he tells other words. He said, Jake could come to rehearsals whenever he wanted, not when all band did. Said, he could go to drink instead writing new album, and many times all group had to wait for him. Also Ozzy told that Jake often been late at the concerts for two - three ours... Ozzy tried talk to him, but Jakey didn`t pay attention... And in the end all band made decision to kick Jake out. Sorry I can`t give link on this interview, cause it is not in english.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:11 am
Location: Poland

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby Aga-Ta » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:18 pm

nata115 wrote:I`ve red Ozzy`s interview, where he tells other words. He said, Jake could come to rehearsals whenever he wanted, not when all band did. Said, he could go to drink instead writing new album, and many times all group had to wait for him. Also Ozzy told that Jake often been late at the concerts for two - three ours... Ozzy tried talk to him, but Jakey didn`t pay attention... And in the end all band made decision to kick Jake out. Sorry I can`t give link on this interview, cause it is not in english.


Ozzy over the years has changed your mind. This interview probably to come from the late 80's, shortly after leaving Jake with the team.
In an interview in 2010 stated that he had nothing to Jake, and that probably it was a conspiracy because the rest of his teammates wanted to get rid of it.
Jake had a lot of grief for Ozzy that at the beginning threw the blame on Jake. Ozzy employing Jake knew that he is notoriously late-late for the first hearing, on the plane, which had to fly for the first concert - so great to know that Jake has a problem with punctuality and accepted it.

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby nata115 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Aga-Ta... Different interviews - different words. Of course all people get older and smarter, and look at the things that happened in the past with other point, that`s not secret. And by the way, interview that I`m talking about was from 1998, not from 80-s. More than ten years after Jakes leaving. And of course in would be looked stupidly to blame somebody after 20 years after leaving... But anyway, like was noticed, Ozzy doesn`t like to talk about Jake. Maybe there is/was some serious reason, anyway we never know it.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:11 am
Location: Poland

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby Aga-Ta » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:01 pm

nata115 wrote:Aga-Ta... Different interviews - different words. Of course all people get older and smarter, and look at the things that happened in the past with other point, that`s not secret. And by the way, interview that I`m talking about was from 1998, not from 80-s. More than ten years after Jakes leaving. And of course in would be looked stupidly to blame somebody after 20 years after leaving... But anyway, like was noticed, Ozzy doesn`t like to talk about Jake. Maybe there is/was some serious reason, anyway we never know it.


That's right - Ozzy says different things and in fact we didn't come to anything, discussing on this topic-I think so too.
But you surprised me this date, because it means that Ozzy can quickly change your mind .. :wink:

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby nata115 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

And by the way, I don`t believe in those stupid conspiracies between Phil and Randy Castillo against Jake.. I guess it is all Ozzys lie for not telling the true...

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:11 am
Location: Poland

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby Aga-Ta » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:08 pm

nata115 wrote:And by the way, I don`t believe in those stupid conspiracies between Phil and Randy Castillo against Jake.. I guess it is all Ozzys lie for not telling the true...


I have generally the case throughout this large distance, and nothing so I don't believe the end .
I just know that and so I will never know the truth.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest