ozzy and jake question?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: ozzy and jake question?

Postby Aga-Ta » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:41 pm

nata115 wrote:
Interview. (Sorry, I found only one part)
http://www.rock-archives.ru/rock-archiv ... haesh.html

This is an interview of 1988, and not, as you wrote in 98 :wink:
So it seems that I was right .. :)
Then ill just Ozzy said in interviews with Jake - later changed his mind .. :wink:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby nata115 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:37 am

Now please tell me, where did you ask me about interview of 1998? Or I have to read what you thinking huh?

http://www.beatles.ru/books/paper.asp?id=1700

Here is Ozzy on Jake, ans Jake on Ozzy. And much about Randy.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby nata115 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 am

:)

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:35 am

nata115 wrote:Now please tell me, where did you ask me about interview of 1998? Or I have to read what you thinking huh?

http://www.beatles.ru/books/paper.asp?id=1700

Here is Ozzy on Jake, ans Jake on Ozzy. And much about Randy.

Well - and here already much milder Ozzy evaluates Jake .
And in an interview in 2000 he has almost nothing to reproach .. :D

Ultimate Sinner

Postby nata115 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:44 pm

Well.... in 2000 I think Jake had nothing for Ozzy too... As I said, people get older and smarter. And drink less ))

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:43 pm

nata115 wrote:Well.... in 2000 I think Jake had nothing for Ozzy too ... As I said, people get older and smarter. And drink less ))

maybe Jake had a hard time with no drive or inspiration in doing something by himself but atleast played these tribute albums ... BUT ONE THING I DONT THINK HE BECAME A DRUNK-DRUGGGED JUNKIE - he is too STRONG for that and PLZ dont put out rumors about it . ok!! :( :(

Ultimate Sinner

Postby nata115 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:18 pm

They ALL were drunk - drugged at that time! 8O
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope that now nobody does it :!:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby nata115 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Afther tour with Motley Crue, all band got into reabilitation centre. Ozzy`s words, not my rumor.

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:32 pm

nata115 wrote:They ALL were drunk - drugged at that time! 8O
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope that now nobody does it :!:

NO i am shure... Jake did try everything around his 20 of age And hated everything in drugs that made him being controlled ! well what do u think of all afterparties(free boozes) on tour; a bear or 2 -jä ....
well what did Phil say about Jake :?: LISTEN to that interveiw than u 'll know better -i promise

Ultimate Sinner

Postby nata115 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:37 pm

And about Phil on Jake... strange interview... He said, Jake never spoke with him/them..... :? WTF? Again doen`t wanna tell something... :?:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby nata115 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:40 pm

"NO i am shure... Jake did try everything around his 20 of age And hated everything in drugs"

But he`s still meth addict. Kidding :lol: Just laughing on rumours )))

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:46 pm

One of the more believable reasons I heard for Jake getting fired from Ozzy had to do with the Randy Rhoads Tribute Album. Remember, it was released in the Spring of '87, just barely a month after Jake was fired. I am not saying this is the only reason for the split, but it could be the straw that broke the camel's back. It was not very inspiring after having worked his ass off for Ozzy for five years to suddenly have MORE people shouting "Randy!" when Jake did his guitar solo. Jake had just finished The Ultimate Sin tour with Ozzy, and it was at that point his most successful album and tour, during which Ozzy was pretty damn wasted, sick with a miserable cold or flu that would not go away, and very difficult to work with. What looked glamorous to us when were were teenagers was not so hunky dory in reality. Rock and Roll is a business, and business is reality. I could understand that although Jake was very distressed at having been fired from Ozzy, he could also have been getting very tired of playing the same songs for years. Every professional musician wants a stable gig, but they also want to be creative. When Jake worked in Ozzy his creativity was restricted into a very narrow spectrum. On top of this, Jake was expected to collaborate with Phil and Randy, whom he never clicked with. They were going in one direction creatively, and Jake in quite another. They probably wanted to do TUS 2.0 and Jake wanted to head in a bluesier, more organic direction, probably something more like early Sabbath. Remember that Phil brought "Shot in the Dark" with him from another project, and since it was such a hit for Ozzy, he obviously told the band he wanted something more in that direction. As a result, Jake would have felt his contributions were under appreciated. The tremendous energy of Badlands was a catharsis for Jake's pent up creative energy, and we never would have had it if Jake had not parted ways with Ozzy. Jake also had offers to join Whitesnake at that time, and thank God he didn't. I don't see how that would have helped his career. He would have been touring in support of an album for which he had NO creative contribution whatsoever, and it was Coverdale's show, 200 %. I also don't think Jake's style would have fit well into Whitesnake. On top of it all, touring is hard work, even if fun at times. It is no fun to have to do a gig when you are jet lagged with the flu, and still expected to play well and jump around for two hours in front of 20,000 strangers. Equipment fails, amps don't hold up well on the road, unless they are Boogies, or Soldanos. Ask any professional guitarist, and they will tell you Marshall horror stories full or clipping transformers and Ohm differentials. When Jake played The Forum with Ozzy in Los Angeles on TUS tour in '86, Jake's rig was failing so bad, according to Warren Di Martini, that Jake in a rage threw his guitar across the stage during sound check. Also couple this with the fact that Metallica opened for them, and they had to deal with all the Metallica fans who would boo, or walk out when Ozzy hit the stage. In that case, even though you would have had a sold out tour, you would still have to deal with a third of more of the audience walking out before you hit the stage. Headliners know this, that when they have an up and coming opening act, although they may help you sell out the house, they may also leave, because they may not care about seeing YOU perform one bit. When I saw Judas Priest at the L.A. Sports Arena in '88, Slayer opened for them. They kept the lights on during Slayer's set to prevent mayhem, and tossed beach balls to keep the crowd preoccupied so they would take their aggression out on the balls rather than the closest skull! After Slayer left their fans left with them, and the arena went half empty. Thrash/Speed metal eclipsed traditional metal in a big way in the late 80s, and this lead to grunge. I was not surprised since I saw it coming a mile away. I got into metal in '86, and had about four good years to see most of the top acts of they day. Unfortunately, I also had to see the tail end of glam and the eclipse of traditional metal by thrash. But that's the way of things. I wish I could have seen Crue on Shout Tour, Van Halen on 1984, Jake with Ozzy live rather than just on video, but I am grateful for what I got to see and the great times I had. There was nothing like the atmosphere of a metal show in an arena in the 80s, and I got to be there, and smell the weed and the beer and party with the metal chics (who were the best!) and walk over plastic cups devoid of beer and cough at cigarette smoke and be in the thick of it all...and it was priceless. Concerts today are a rather tame affair compared to what they were. There is no groupie scene like there used to be, and nothing is shocking anymore. When you went to a metal show there was always something in the back of your mind, like maybe Ozzy or Crue would do something truly crazy with the head of an antelope or something you could tell your grandchildren about, but most of the time it was some animatronic that breathed fire and fired lasers and a lot of dry ice. But, oh, well, it was the atmosphere that counted most. Good times!

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Fedaykin - you don't saving on words .. :wink:
Nice screed .. :)
I have only one "but" - it sounded as in your words though trash and grunge was a bad thing .. :roll:
Personally, I love to do both and I loved Metallica at the time. : 8)
What does not bother me too adore Ozzy .. :D

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:07 am

nata115 wrote:And about Phil on Jake... strange interview... He said, Jake never spoke with him/them..... :? WTF? Again doen`t wanna tell something... :?:

yup PhilS is a bit strange according to this interveiw .... hrrmm :!: :?:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby nata115 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:27 am

Phil is himself very strange :lol:

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...