What does Jake do for a living these days?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: What does Jake do for a living these days?

Postby Shadow » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:17 pm

Guitarist/Musician Jake E. Lee has "always" been present in the Music field when opportunties are open to him to do so/his never strayed away from his chosen true love Career of playing & makeing Music. Which we can plainly hear & see with Jake E. Lee-A Fine Pink Mist (1996/Poney Canyon and in 2000 on the Mascot Record Label) and the newest Bluesy gripping/comeback of Jake E. Lee-Retraced (Shrapnel Record Label/2005) which both albums/Cd's are remarkable masterpieces. I'm in complete agreement atonement with what Fretman, Jimi Forrest & Jefnel1 post message re-plies above mentioned/powerfully said and I would like to add my own voice/reply post that I so already expressed within this post reply message to this thread. Once again, Jake E. Lee has always been present in the Music field as much that is open to him and definately look forward in seeing this Master legendary Musician/Guitarist Writer Jake E. Lee "more" in the Limelight that he so "earnestly" worked in since the early 1980's. Peace & God Bless! I'm glad your back Rebel Guitarist Jake E. Lee. Big Smile! THANK YOU.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:27 am

BlacknGold wrote:Congrats to all of you. I, at 40, have come to the conclusion that I am a career bachelor. I'm too selfish with my free time to keep a full-time night woman for very long.

after being Married once I too am at that conclusion besides in this buisiness its very hard to maintain any kind of relationship at all.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:51 pm

I didn't marry my wife before noticing the Eminem ( I call him "Milk dud"), Cypress Hill, and Chevelle cd's in her truck, but I still married her, and I wouldn't leave her or look in any other direction for all the steak in Texas and my own planet. Not to mention, I took an oath in the presence of God. What was that . . . a planet?!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:35 am

mrmetal wrote:
Charvelised wrote:As a musician myself..I take it seriously and i'm sure Jake along with many gifted artists do...the Image of a Rockstar I don't take seriously!

That's not what I meant, let me clarify.

To compare a rock guitarist with one of the most well known composers of all time is a stretch. Most people know who Mozart is - especially if you play music and even if you don't, you more than likely know who he is. Most people know who Van Gogh and William Blake are. Those are creative geniuses that have become icons of history.

Jake, Randy, Eddie, <insert Guitar God of choice here...etc..etc...> only means something to people who are interested in that particular genre. I know people that couldn't even tell you who, or care less, Jake E Lee is. My wife is one of them.

How funny! I don't let my daughter date anyone who DOESN'T know who Jake E Lee is !!! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:50 am

Very good point there, Mrmetal, by the way.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:47 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Deansolo wrote:Bummer Dudes! My wife is the complete opposite!!! Total Jake fan! in fact, when she was 16, she and a friend hitchhiked from San Diego to the Us Festival just to see Jake and Ozzy! :wink:

Check this out... on April 5th we're going to Tracii's show and on the 9th we got tickets to Y&T!

My chick, she loves to ROCK! :D

Not all. She likes what she likes, I like what I like. I didn't get married to her because of her taste in music. :lol:

My wife may not dig my type of music, but she's very cool with the fact that I enjoy it and like to attend shows. She doesn't get mad about it or anything. Acutally, there is some other types of music that we do agree on, because metal/hard rock isn't all I listen to. We've went to several shows together like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. That blew her away! I enjoyed every minute of it! :lol:

Postby axxe » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:41 pm

check it out. Have someone get intouch with Satch and get him invited on G-3. He could come out with one half stack and one Charvel and entertain for hours and people would pay. Phil Keagy does it. No band just him. It is nowhere near a let down. Jake was in the game for a long time. He did some great stuff. All good things must come to an end. Someone told me just this morning that they had spoken to George Lynch and the word is Jake is tired of the music business. I bet he jams like a beast at home though.

Go buy a used car from him. Honest Jake's Auto Sales.

I just got ultimate Ozzy in the mail. I won't soon forget him and he will always be a major influence in my axe grinding. He showed me how fun it could be to play. If he never does anything else I will be eternally in his debt.
I bleed steele

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:24 am

that's actually a cool idea .. Satch, Vai and Jake.
All 3 Hendrix fans :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:21 am

Hey Axxe dude, that's a great idea, but you are talking about Phil Keaggy. Pardon me. . . whew. O.K. Where were we?

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:56 am

MetalHead wrote:that's actually a cool idea .. Satch, Vai and Jake.
All 3 Hendrix fans :D

Amen Metalhead that would be a smokin show !! 8)
The artist formally known as Brawler

Postby axxe » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:18 am

Settled! I move to adjourn. Somebody call Jake and tell him he's going to be on G-3 no if ands or buts. The fans demand it. Actually I know someone who could call Satch or Steve. They might think it's cool too.
I bleed steele

Postby axxe » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:19 am

I spelled Phil's name wrong sorry.
I bleed steele

Postby axxe » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:54 am

Good news Dudes!! He bit and will tell them next time he sees them. He thought it was a great idea too.He saw them last at NAMM.This may happen yet. We shall see. I look forward to hearing something positive from him soon. Keep your fingers crossed. " Jake E Lee rocks G-3"
I bleed steele

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:54 pm

Do you know how many that would make happy?!!!?

Postby axxe » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:52 pm

That would be one incredible G-3 and if he needs a vocalist I would gladly volunteer. He needs a band you know. I think we could pull something together just from the forum. Who wants to join in on bass and drums?
I bleed steele

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...