new person

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

new person

Postby Kathy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi, My name is Kathy. I started playing guitar when I was about 20 years old. I had a boyfriend that played guitar in a local band and I wanted to be like him. Make those strings sing. So, he gave me a chord book and I started learning chords. After my fingers developed their battle scars. He helped me. He would sit across from me and teach me. I would practice and practice. Then he let me play one of his electric guitars. I thought I was in heaven.
When I progressed enough he let me play in his band alittle. The crowds liked it back in 80 and 81 you didn't see many female guitar players. I put the guitar down when I was 31 I went to work as a 911 dispatcher. Didn't really loose intrest...just not much time. I started playing again about 4 years ago. And still think it is cool to break a string :lol:
I have followed Jake off and on. I liked the Band Lands. And I just bought a cd with the Montrose cover Rock Candy which I love, love.
would love to see him live again any tour dates or dvds?
thanks for any info

Killer of Giants

Re: new person

Postby MetalHead » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Sorry to bring the news, but Jake doesn't do big stadium shows anymore :(
To be honest, I don't think he's done it since he left Ozzy. That would probably
be your best source of decent quality live-footage too, unless you count the more
recent fan-filmed footage with Jake and 3 Day Crush...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 pm

MetalHead wrote:.....To be honest :?: , I don't think he's done it since he left Ozzy. That would probably be your best source of decent quality live-footage too, unless you count the morerecent fan-filmed footage with Jake and 3 Day Crush...

HAHAHA THIS MUST BE A JOKE, RIGHT ,I HOPE ..... SINCE June 20, 2010 THEN NOTHING -SO PLEASE DONT PUT OUT RUMORS TO PPL,UHU! :roll:
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi,
do you guys think that who ever took over the website could convence him to do atleast...a small show mabe in a bar or a small out door auditorm.
Does anyone know which state he lives in....God knows I would fly in to see him and I live in North Carolina.
So there are no DVDs ......there is a guy on ebay and he has a website too named Scott Grove....he is great...he shows from the start how to play. Jake could do something like that the way he plays he could make a ton of money and make people happy :D

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:12 am

dixiefix wrote:
MetalHead wrote:.....To be honest :?: , I don't think he's done it since he left Ozzy. That would probably be your best source of decent quality live-footage too, unless you count the morerecent fan-filmed footage with Jake and 3 Day Crush...

HAHAHA THIS MUST BE A JOKE, RIGHT ,I HOPE ..... SINCE June 20, 2010 THEN NOTHING -SO PLEASE DONT PUT OUT RUMORS TO PPL,UHU! :roll:

What the hell are you talking about? :?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Hey Kathy,
Glad to have you on board here. Hopefully this site will be around for awhile. Anyways, there is a import release of Jake with Ozzy doing the Bark At The Moon Tour which is great. I purchased a DVD copy through Amazon. Also, a VHS is available called Dag The Giblets which shows some footage of Badlands (which is Jake's best stuff to me). It has a couple interviews and videos as well. Pretty cool. I also liked Jake's Retraced as well. Great cover release. Jake has been popping up in Vegas here and there, which is where he has been reported to live. He also has been appearing here and there at a studio called The Tone Factory in which he has been doing some tracking for different artists. So I would not say he is inactive.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi,Thank you so much for the info. is that your guitar in the photo.
I'll check out and see what I could find. As far as the ebay thing goes I hoped he would do a instructional dvd and let us in on (if he is willing to share) some of his "tricks" and you know he's got them. Everyone has riffs,fingering, picking methods they have discovered though the years. I know I have. And I,ve been playing for 30 years.
Anyway thank you again
Kathy :D

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:47 am

Yeah, thats my old rig. It has changed up a bit. I remember way back, that Jake had a little tutorial in a Guitar Mag on a few things he does. I think that article can be found on this site. Also way back there was some kind of lesson package that some company offered by Jake. I've seen it pop up from time to time on ebay.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri May 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Well, I say if your in the Las Vegas, NV area which JAKE E. LEE lives/call his Homestead now and often time jams there in Local established Music Clubs. Seen, incrediable 2009/2010, etc.,. photo's of him kicking it live with other Master-Classic Music Artists vice a versa like himself. The legendary Trailblazer "surprises" his music colleagues & the fans alike by his presence. Pity, I don't live in the Las Vegas area for I too like to see JAKE jam from time to time "surpriseing" his musician friends and the audience/fans. :twisted: 8O 8) Oh, welcome to JAKE E. LEE Website, Kathy. Peace :!:

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu May 10, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi Shadow, and thank you for welcoming me. I know some was that lives in N.V. and he is in the music bez. Mabe he can find something out. If I hear anything at all I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Fri May 11, 2012 8:44 am

Kathy wrote:Hi Shadow, and thank you for welcoming me. I know some was that lives in N.V. and he is in the music bez. Mabe he can find something out. If I hear anything at all I'll be sure to let everyone know.

FINALLY :!: there is somebody living in that area :!: FINALLY
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat May 19, 2012 5:21 pm

dixiefix wrote:
Kathy wrote:Hi Shadow, and thank you for welcoming me. I know some was that lives in N.V. and he is in the music bez. Mabe he can find something out. If I hear anything at all I'll be sure to let everyone know.

FINALLY :!: there is somebody living in that area :!: FINALLY

Well, I bet there are a few others living out there too ;)

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat May 19, 2012 7:05 pm

could be on to something,my friend.....by the way.. I haven't heard anything yet......i hope soon

Return to All things Jake E Lee...