What guitars and amps does Jake use today?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

What guitars and amps does Jake use today?

Postby Fedaykin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:15 pm

I've noticed that recent photos or videos of Jake show him using Gibsons or Gibson style guitars. Does he still play the strat style guitars? I was just wondering. Does he still own Whitey and some of his other strats? I think he sounds great on Gibsons too. I get the feeling that now he is playing the classic guitars he wants to play because he has evolved in a very different direction from whence we first came to know him in his Ozzy days. I've also seen him playing Orange amps, which sound great. I can't wait to hear him do another solo work or other project; he still has great energy and fire in his playing. Does anyone know the brand of strings he prefers? Does he still use EV speakers?

All Access Member

Re: What guitars and amps does Jake use today?

Postby macheted01 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:04 am

I am guessing that you are correct in that he is back into some classsic stuff. I think alot of the recent photos and videos though are of him sitting in somewhere and using others stuff. So it is hard to tell. If he has something in the works for 2012 it will be interesting to see what unfolds.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri May 04, 2012 1:57 pm

I would say the music-gears he'd jammed on with on the highly acclaimed "Retraced" album: which on the cover his playing a ESP guitar that was especially designed for him/JAKE E. LEE. I think he truely diggs that Signature guitar more ESP yet still the Charvel, Jackson's, Strats are a very big part of his music History, too. 8)

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Fri May 04, 2012 3:54 pm

He sounded great playing the black SG through the Orange Amp with 3 Day Crush. I thought that was a great tone for his style. He had an SG in the Shot in the Dark video, but live and on albums it was always the Charvels with Ozzy.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat May 05, 2012 2:19 am

Shadow wrote:I would say the music-gears he'd jammed on with on the highly acclaimed "Retraced" album: which on the cover his playing a ESP guitar that was especially designed for him/JAKE E. LEE. I think he truely diggs that Signature guitar more ESP yet still the Charvel, Jackson's, Strats are a very big part of his music History, too. 8)

That 'Retraced' guitar was an ESP X-tone, already an ESP production model
and in no way specifically designed for Jake :!:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri May 11, 2012 12:23 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Shadow wrote:I would say the music-gears he'd jammed on with on the highly acclaimed "Retraced" album: which on the cover his playing a ESP guitar that was especially designed for him/JAKE E. LEE. I think he truely diggs that Signature guitar more ESP yet still the Charvel, Jackson's, Strats are a very big part of his music History, too. 8)

That 'Retraced' guitar was an ESP X-tone, already an ESP production model
and in no way specifically designed for Jake :!:

Well, maybe or maybe not (but I've read that it was designed for him)...'yet none the less it was choosen for JAKE E. LEE to play on his RETRACED album/Cd. It he totally trailblazers on his much acclaimed comeback recording. 8)

Return to All things Jake E Lee...