*ahem*

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

*ahem*

Postby Doobie » Thu May 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Found this on melodicrock.com today.
"On July 10th, 2012, Versailles Records will release Take Your Whiskey Home: A Millennium Tribute to Van Halen - 1978 - 1984, featuring current/former members of Jeff Scott Soto (Journey), Jake E. Lee (Ozzy Osbourne Band / Badlands), Jimmy Crespo (Aerosmith), Stephen Pearcy (Ratt), Frankie Banali (Quiet Riot, W.A.S.P.), Vinny Appice (Black Sabbath / Heaven & Hell / DIO), Rowan Robertson (DIO), American Dog (featuring members of Dangerous Toys / Salty Dog), and others including a number of hot Millennium rock acts including Leaving Eden, Takara, Richard Kendrick, Electric Sister, Iconic Tonic, Bugsy Parker, Erling Solem, Inside Moves, Touch 2 Much, Steve Pugh, Adventures of Leonid, Fair Warning, Mystic Force, American Hellbilly, Skyscreamers, Lee Thompson, Fan Halen, Marko Pukkila, Andy Endberg, Martian Honey, Fran and the Love Buzzards, Sinful Lilly, and Loaded Gun."

Killer of Giants

Re: *ahem*

Postby Aga-Ta » Thu May 10, 2012 1:01 pm

Another "Tribute to" .. :roll:

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu May 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Isn't that just a re release of the same VH tribute album from like, 10 years ago?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Is it? A re-release of a tribute? Wow. I didn't realize they had one of these already. There's a reason for that ... I can't keep up with (not that I really want or try) with all the tribute releases. *yawn*

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I find on Google where there was a 'Little Guitars' (VH tribute) released in 2000. However, the track listing isn't near the length of the Millenium release. The newest has 24 tracks on it. I haven't a freakin' clue, actually.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Oh, I don't know for sure either, but when I saw Jake/Van Halen tribute I just figured it might be the same one. Plus with the 'Millennium' title, I just thought it was the 2000 one. 24 tracks, wow. Maybe it's a combination of the old one and some new ones. Who knows. These tribute albums get really lame after a while.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat May 12, 2012 3:51 am

Aga-Ta wrote:Another "Tribute to" .. :roll:

I hear ya :cry:
If this is indeed new... I still don't get why Jake wastes
his talent on stuff like this :?:

From the mouth of Zakk Wylde: "I wish he'd just get Badlands back together"
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 am

And I wish Zak would get Pride & Glory back together.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun May 13, 2012 12:59 am

at least Jake will be on something.... I wish he would release a tribute to himself at least for us

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun May 13, 2012 1:11 am

macheted01 wrote:And I wish Zak would get Pride & Glory back together.

well, atleast Zakk has been keeping himself busy, whether he's been with Ozzy or not ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:52 am

No doubt, Zak has been busy. There has been talk of a Pantera reunion with Zak filling Dimes spot. I dont know why they would call it a reunion, but may be cool anyways. Sure would like him to do another P&G though.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed May 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Like the title to the Tribute Eddie Van HALEN "Take Your Whiskey Home" sounds like a BADLANDS song...'makes me wonder what's hidden in Mr. LEE's music vault. Tributes are never tiresome, I welcome them whole heartenly for each are fresh & new Life energies from all that put their special music mark delivery on them: so "pleased" that Jake E. Lee, Jeff Scott Soto, Vinny Appice, Stephen Percy and other Classic heavy Rockers will be collabrating together on this Tribute salute to legendary Rocker Eddie Van Halen. How, cool! And hope one day to see a Tribute salute to JAKE E. LEE (and Jeff Scott Soto, what lungs) his an Master musician, too. Much respects.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun May 20, 2012 11:02 pm

DIDO!!!

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:25 am

http://www.amazon.com/Take-Your-Whiskey ... 055&sr=1-1
Here is the link for this release on Amazon. No more info, than what has been mentioned here as of yet. I will keep checking in though.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 am

macheted01 wrote:No doubt, Zak has been busy. There has been talk of a Pantera reunion with Zak filling Dimes spot. I dont know why they would call it a reunion, but may be cool anyways. Sure would like him to do another P&G though.

Sure, Zakk and Dime were probably best friends, but Zakk is not a god fit
playing it Dime-style :!:

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...