Fantasy Band

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Fantasy Band

Postby macheted01 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Lets see what kind of band everyone here would like to see Jake with. I could think of a bunch of different musicians, but will start here.

Jake E Lee

Chris Logan - Vocals I dig his work on Retraced. Does a great job of morphing.

Karl Cochran - Bass

Brian Tichy - Drums

Now, I could think of many variations, but these were the first guys to come to mind. Would love to see what others may come up with.

Killer of Giants

Re: Fantasy Band

Postby MetalHead » Mon May 21, 2012 8:21 pm

just curious, why that rhythmsection? :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 22, 2012 5:57 am

There's a thread on this somewhere already but, I doubt I could find it. If you have time you might look around - there were many replies to it. It could be over in the "all other" page.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:38 am

Well,
Karl Cochran - I was introduced to him through the Eric Singer Project and then realized he was with Ace Frehley as well. His band Voodooland was then brought to my attention, which is great. Karl plays all or most of the guitar and bass tracks on this. In any case, he is a well rounded player and cut from the same mold, in which case I think he would play and layer nicely under Jakes playing and style, such as Greg did. Example of Greg playing with Jake on Rumblin Train on youtube. I dont think Greg ever got the credit he deserved as a bass player.

Brian Tichy - Now I am not a drummer and dont know much about technical ability when it comes to the drums. I just know what I hear. He has a resume a mile long for a guy his age. Most with a resume like this would have 10 years on him. I have known alot of his work in the past and was never really introduced to him until the That Metal Show. After that, doing a little more research on him led me to seeing and hearing all that he has acomplished. He aleady seems to have a very busy schedule. from the show though and seeing some other footage of him, he seems like a very humble and easy going guy. Does not seem to have the ego that would cause alot of tension in a band. Also, cut from the same mold as far as influences and style. He also plays guitar.
I think the three of these guys could lend each other their ears in the creation process. Which I think would flow nicely.

I figured there would have been a thread, but could not find it. Even if I did, it is probably from quite a ways back, so would like to hear a refreshed version. As I said, I could think of many colaberations, but these were the first to come to mind, outside of the Badlands box, but still in the same vein. If Jake did something new, I think it would be along the same lines of Badlands, because that is all him.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 22, 2012 7:06 am

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:23 am

Looked it over. There were a few interesting choices mentioned. Alot of the members that participated in that thread seem to be pretty inactive these days and we have quite a few new ones since then. Would love to see what some come up with. I have this thread titled, Fantasy Band, but was trying to be more realistic. The guys are still alive and more availabe.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 am

Understood. ;-)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 22, 2012 7:45 am

Well, as long as we're fantasizing ...
Lead - Jake
Bass - Mike Inez
Drums - Scott Rockenfeld
Vocals - Bas

Postby rnazer » Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 am

I would love to see Jake and Tom Keifer work together. Tom is one of the best singers and song writers, plus he is blue's influence much like Jake. They would write and play some killer tunes !

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed May 23, 2012 1:34 am

I always pictures Chris Cornells voice together with Jakes guitar :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Wed May 23, 2012 3:04 am

I like Cris Cornells voice, but I wonder what would have came out of combination of Mike Patton.. :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Wed May 23, 2012 7:25 am

Aga-Ta wrote:I like Cris Cornells voice, but I wonder what would have came out of combination of Mike Patton.. :wink:

i dont know but all that shit from the Seattle/Grunge/Emo era it's just toooo much of zzzzzzzzz
Agata :!: why didnt you mention Gigi harnach that you know so well........
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Cool picks Doobie with Mike Inez and Scott Rockenfeld, not sure who Bas is though? I like Tom Keifer, is he back in business? Last I knew, he damaged his vocal chords pretty bad. Cinderella opening up for Judas Priest back in the day, was one of my favorite shows that I have went to. Chris Cornell is one of my favorites. Although, he was from the grunge era and I did not really care for that era too much, Soundgarden is still on my playlist. I was sad when Audioslave folded. The were kick ass.
Surely all these guys would be interesting matchups.
Oh, I almost forgot. I stumbled onto Slave To The System recently, which is not that new, but Scott Rockenfield is in that project and it seemed pretty sweet. A friend of mine had it in his car, and got to hear part of it.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 24, 2012 5:55 am

macheted01 wrote:Cool picks Doobie with Mike Inez and Scott Rockenfeld, not sure who Bas is though? I like Tom Keifer, is he back in business? Last I knew, he damaged his vocal chords pretty bad. Cinderella opening up for Judas Priest back in the day, was one of my favorite shows that I have went to. Chris Cornell is one of my favorites. Although, he was from the grunge era and I did not really care for that era too much, Soundgarden is still on my playlist. I was sad when Audioslave folded. The were kick ass.
Oh, I almost forgot. I stumbled onto Slave To The System recently, which is not that new, but Scott Rockenfield is in that project and it seemed pretty sweet. A friend of mine had it in his car, and got to hear part of it.

Bas = Sebastian Bach
But, I've changed my mind since ... my new pick for vocalist is our very own resident, Gutterflower. :D

Postby rnazer » Thu May 24, 2012 8:42 am

macheted01 wrote:Cool picks Doobie with Mike Inez and Scott Rockenfeld, not sure who Bas is though? I like Tom Keifer, is he back in business? Last I knew, he damaged his vocal chords pretty bad. Cinderella opening up for Judas Priest back in the day, was one of my favorite shows that I have went to. Chris Cornell is one of my favorites. Although, he was from the grunge era and I did not really care for that era too much, Soundgarden is still on my playlist. I was sad when Audioslave folded. The were kick ass.

Cinderella has been touring for the last 3 years. Another tour this summer. Tom sounds great. Saw Cinderella and Scorpions 2 years ago. awesome show.

www.cinderella.net for locations.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...