New Member ( I love Jake) ~ Bark at the Moon!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: New Member ( I love Jake) ~ Bark at the Moon!

Postby Kathy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Due, you are GOOD!!! With out bells and whistles....like jake I bet you can play he Hell out of the blues....
Carry ON!!!!! 8)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Thank you, Kathy:) Well, I am from Texas, so yeah, I can play some blues for sure! Funny thing is, I can play more Randy Rhodes thank Jake. randy is more "proper" so it's a little nore easy to mimmic...Jake on the other other hand, tons of nuances and little quirks that all make it awesome, but harder to copy. He has such a huge sonic fingerprint.

I hope Jake see this page and see how much we all love him.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Secretloser » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:20 am

What happened!? The clips gone. I can't view it.

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:23 am

Welcome to the board, Jake would be proud to hear one of his fans pull such a great tone and performance of one of his most brilliant songs, well done brother...

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:20 pm

sunrise, THANKS so much!!! I could do better...but it's just a cover and I was just having fun:) Thanks for the compliment! I sure do have a blast and "feel it" playing his riffs. His stuff is more fun to play than Randy I think (I can play that stuff too).

Secretloser...I pulled it down. I wanna do a better one! It came off too much "like a lesson" anyway. I need to just "go off" on some jake and kick it up a little bit. I am messing around learning some RnR Rebel and Secret Loser now!!! Nothing to do tonight...hmm...:)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:16 pm

OK...here you go. I just learned this one while having a beer:) I filmed this in one take. The chorus could be better, but I the keys are so loud in the mix it's hard to hear jake there. You can hear the guitar in the room cause I had the speakers way down (it's late). Thsi one is kinda fun. Hadn't heard this one in years. GREAT tune!

I figured our most of "waiting for darkness" too. I'd film it now but it's too late/too loud.

JAKE E LEE!!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:16 pm

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:17 pm

dannySatx wrote:PS...greetings from Austin, TX:) I have heard great things about Carolina. I bet it's a bit like the hill country here in central TX.

Jake E Lee!!!

North Carolina is a beautiful state. The Outer Banks, The Smokey Mountains they were given that name by the Indians. When the fog settled between the mountains in looks and still does looks like smoke. As you travel toward the beach the land gets flat. They still grow cotton and tobacco in that area. And if you like the Big city Charlotte is one of the largest and fastest growing citys in the south...It's worth a visit. I've been to Texas several times...I have friends in San Antoino...and have been all over Texas...the difference in the states is unreal. :D

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:16 am

Excellent. Keep bringing the videos.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:18 am

thanks, macheted01! Again, could have nailed some things better...but for an hour or so and one take (and for fun) I thought it was close enough.

Kathy...I have heard the ladies in the Carolinas are stunning...you single? Just playing:) I did hear that though. I was also really impressed w/the beauty of the eastern edge Tennessee ~ really nice. That whole region is nice. Texas is weird casue we're not the south, and we are not the southwest either. In between. San Antonio is the motherland of Texmex...so your friend is probably loving it! Puffy Tacos! Only in SA. Mmmm.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:11 am

That's a great youtube clip! I've never been able to figure out Jake's songs without a transcription, he's an amazing player. To figure out one of his songs is very impressive!

Is that a Fender Jaguar you're playing?
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:09 am

Hi LouZ! Thanks, man. Do you want me to learn one for you and post up a clip so you can see my fingers? I don't mind.

I am playing a Fender USA "thin skin" 62 reissue Jazzmaster. I love jazzmasters for their cool new wave tone...I have been kinda craving a strat w/a humbucker in the bridge latley too though (to shred on)!

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Wow, Now you see It was fabulous...would you consider doing a lesson video like the Ratt one i'm learning just now from a guy on youtube?

Heres his lesson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJud9BWQ ... re=related

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:38 pm

dannySatx wrote:Hi LouZ! Thanks, man. Do you want me to learn one for you and post up a clip so you can see my fingers? I don't mind.

I am playing a Fender USA "thin skin" 62 reissue Jazzmaster. I love jazzmasters for their cool new wave tone...I have been kinda craving a strat w/a humbucker in the bridge latley too though (to shred on)!

No worries DannSatx I really don't play and practice much anymore. My first guitar was an old jazzmaster. It wasn't really good for fast playing and the old pickups definitely weren't made for hard rock!
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:05 pm

thank you, Sunrise:) I could put something together for you...no problem!

LouZ...yeah, the jazzmaster is hard to shred on. I had to tune it UP a 1/2 step too on now you see it (the you tube clips was all pitched up sharp for some reason)...making it even harder!

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...