New Member ( I love Jake) ~ Bark at the Moon!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Re: New Member ( I love Jake) ~ Bark at the Moon!

Postby Sunrise » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:55 am

If you can put up a lesson that be amazing...no rush brother...whenever you have time...

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:31 pm

dannySatx wrote:thanks, macheted01! Again, could have nailed some things better...but for an hour or so and one take (and for fun) I thought it was close enough.

Kathy...I have heard the ladies in the Carolinas are stunning...you single? Just playing:) I did hear that though. I was also really impressed w/the beauty of the eastern edge Tennessee ~ really nice. That whole region is nice. Texas is weird casue we're not the south, and we are not the southwest either. In between. San Antonio is the motherland of Texmex...so your friend is probably loving it! Puffy Tacos! Only in SA. Mmmm.

You are right my friend, we are stunning just kidding....Puffy Tacos I haven't had thoses in years....I think the name of the place was Rays that would be the first place we would head for...They were soooo goood....I do need to put a photo up 8O

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:28 pm

OK, sunrise...I'll whip one up. Prob tomorrow:) I'll show you how to play a couple jake riffs all at once in one video.

Kathy, if you go to SA I like Tomatillios ~ but Robetros 24 burriotos is freaking amazing. They have chile relleno burritos and homemade tortillias and killer salsa. Yum.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:39 am

OK, Sunrise...hope you like this. Let me know if you get it down...or have any questions:)

Danny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHxTgLJ9HB8&feature=plcp

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:03 am

Hey brother you did a fantastic job, I can follow this really clearly...I cant thank you enough for the time and effort you spent on this for me and so many other people who want to learn this song. Absolutely fabulous...sending big thanks from Scotland..if you open your window and the wind is blowing in your direction you will hear....THANKYOUUUUUUU....

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:33 pm

My pleasure! I hope you crank your amp loud enough that I can hear you mastering some Jake riffs all the way from Scotland to Texas!

If you wanna thank me, master that stuff on the guitar and post a video back when you do! That would be killer!

I need to listen to the Ultimate Sin and try and learn some of that again.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Sunrise wrote:Hey brother you did a fantastic job, I can follow this really clearly...I cant thank you enough for the time and effort you spent on this for me and so many other people who want to learn this song. Absolutely fabulous...sending big thanks from Scotland..if you open your window and the wind is blowing in your direction you will hear....THANKYOUUUUUUU....

Hey Sunrise, I've been to Scotland...in 1998 it was great we stayed 3 weeks
and drove yes on the "wrong side of the car and road" well for us Yanks...I loved it. We didn't want to do the tourist thing...so we picked out places we wanted to see and stay and off we went not even a travel agent....The only place I wish we had went to was undergound Edenbough(hell,I can't spell it)
I hope to return someday....I would love to go on a ghost tour.. 8O

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:32 am

Danny, well I have only been playing for about 18 months and although I'm making some progress it would be a while before posting a vid. I have mastered the Ratt riff and half of the solo but I dont seem to be able to progress to the correct speed. But I'll get there, I have already started on the Jake vid you posted and will be pushing to learn that, If I can just learn one Jake riff I would be very proud.

Kathy....I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit to Scotland, I hope the weather was good for you and everyone you met was nice to you. I have lived in America, about 20 years ago now, in New York for 6 months and San Fransisco for 10 months. I also travelled around the country the country. We got to Chicago, Montana, The Catskill Mountains and also got to San Diego and Monterey / Carmel. Still keep in touch with some of the folks I met, we were made so welcome, even if nobody knew what I saying half the time... :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Kathy wrote:The only place I wish we had went to was undergound Edenbough(hell,I can't spell it)
I hope to return someday....I would love to go on a ghost tour.. 8O

:wink: .. i have a strong guess you mean Edinburgh,right
btw thee scoutttish accent sounds cute :lol:
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMxY6Xm1 ... e=youtu.be

OK, Sunrise ~ if you have only been playing for a year and a half and just want to "master one jake riff" then try this one. It's easy to get down and sounds great played really slowly too (as you are working up to speed).

Plus, I was in the mood for some Ultimate Sin!

Enjoy!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 am

PS...forgot to mention, Killer of Giants in drop tuned...every string down a whole step. But you of course practice in standard tuning too.

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:45 am

Ok thats great, just watched it and it sounds beautiful. I would like to master more than one of course but I need to get one down first. I think I can follow your lesson for Killer of Giants, it seems [at least watching you] to be a little more chord based with minimal movement. Its strange because listening to the CD you imagine Jake's hands all over the place. I think people who watch guitar lessons on youtube are constantly suprised by how easy they look to play, but once you start you realise just how much work is involved.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Yeah - its an easy one. That's why i put it up for you:) that's the beauty of it, it sounds harder than it is!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby dannySatx » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:11 am

Postby ALFY » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:55 pm

good going Danny :!: atleast some music /what it's all about right :)

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...