Beggars & Thieves new song written by and featuring Jake

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Beggars & Thieves new song written by and featuring Jake

Postby timstar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:39 am

The unreleased Beggars & Thieves song Home was written by Jake E. Lee & Ronnie Mancuso and features the line-up of: Louie Merlino (Vocals); Ronnie Mancuso (Guitar, Bass and Keyboards) with Jake E. Lee (Rhythm Guitar) and Erik Gloege (Drums)!

http://www.melodicrock.com/cd/MRCD9-MP3 ... CD1-05.mp3

Re: Beggars & Thieves new song written by and featuring Jake

Postby jefnel1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Sounds awesome. The main riff is from the Wicked Alliance demo "The Rust". Guess Jake is not feeling very inspired even though he's recording again.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:44 am

Jake playing rhythm ... wtf?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm

"Home" has a nice mellow-flow, solid: I like it. Nice to know it has some the Rust groove heartbeat in it: Jake E. Lee rather he plays lead or rhythm guitar he trailblaze in any music section of the band, BEGGARS & Thieves have another Classic Rock song. The lead singer has a very beautiful voice. I definately will check it out when it hits the Record Stores.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:55 pm

jefnel1 wrote:Sounds awesome. The main riff is from the Wicked Alliance demo "The Rust". Guess Jake is not feeling very inspired even though he's recording again.

that's sad 8O
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Timstar, Thank you for sharing this...I like it and it gives us much needed hope that this will happen soon. :D

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:58 am

Well after all, Jake is most likely just a guest on here and probably would not want to be giving up any material that he himself may be using in the near future. Hopefully he has some input on some of their othe material as well. The release to expect will be like Enuff Z Nuff Dissonance, I would imagine.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:39 pm

macheted01 wrote:Well after all, Jake is most likely just a guest on here and probably would not want to be giving up any material that he himself may be using in the near future. Hopefully he has some input on some of their othe material as well. The release to expect will be like Enuff Z Nuff Dissonance, I would imagine.

The near future is getting futher away :cry:

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:25 am

If he's not composing just now he should do a Retraced Vol 2,

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:31 am

Whatever he does, will be great. Would be nice to see him blowup like Slash or something. Alot of the artists are rereleasing new recordings of their old material, with their bands current lineup. I never quite got that until I read an article about the bands not owning a lot of the rights to them songs. So they really are not making any money from these tunes, that made them huge. So depending on the band, I look forward to some of these recordings. Some of these older bands have some interesting players these days. In any case, would love to see Jake do something to make his mark again.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:39 am

Yep, Shadow, I sure can't wait to hear Jake "trailblaze" on rhythm. :roll:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby tenfingersofdoom » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:17 pm

its really odd. for some relativity go to George Lynch's webpage and look at the merch, endorsements,etc. then remember that there was a time he and Jake had the same visibility. Lynch has pretty much "branded" himself at this point. Jake will have to play the Mickey Rourke angle and open up if he wants any mainstream attention. but...it'll always be interesting, ill give Jake that

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:26 pm

MetalHead wrote:
jefnel1 wrote:Sounds awesome. The main riff is from the Wicked Alliance demo "The Rust". Guess Jake is not feeling very inspired even though he's recording again.

that's sad 8O

I don't know, the wicked alliance stuff was never released so is it really any different to say van halen going back to old riffs/songs on there new album???
It may have been a case of beggars saying hey jake got any riffs etc and maybe he just played that......I know from the writing I have done that sometimes you have bits of music that stay with you begging (no pun) to be used

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Be nice if Jake would be on "That Metal Show" ....wonder if Eddie Truck got some emails requesting Jake...if Eddie could lure him out? 8)

Anyone else having problems with Directv stopped carring VH1 Classics? :?

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:52 am

Yep, Direc TV is on the fritz right now with a bunch of channels. They are still in negotiations or whatever, but supposed to be back up and running soon. Eddie Trunk was supposed to provide a link where people could watch TMS. I dont know if I missed it though. Eddie had stated once that he gets alot of requests for Jake on the show. His reply was something along the lines of " believe me, I have tried, but Jake refuses". I think it would be a great opportunity for Jake since Ozzy refuses as well. Even if he made a guest appearance as the guitarist for the show would be cool.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...