the whitey's destiny ?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

the whitey's destiny ?

Postby dixiefix » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:57 pm

has jake still got the original charvelised Whitey or as rumor has said he sold it on e-bay or something!(?)
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

Killer of Giants

Re: the whitey's destiny ?

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:43 am

I hope and I guess he still has it.
We would've known if it were up for sale ;)

But then again, in an interview around 'Retraced', he said that
the only guitar he brought with him to Las Vegas, was the ESP X-Tone
so we never know 8) ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby jefnel1 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:54 am

Last I heard (and this was about 7 years ago) a private collector in LA purchased the guitar. Jake hasn't been seen with that guitar in almost 20 years. Maybe some day it will show up in an auction or on eBay. Maybe they'll open a new Hard Rock Cafe and it will show up there. I think it's safe to assume the guitar is untouchable.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 am

jefnel1 wrote:Last I heard (and this was about 7 years ago) a private collector in LA purchased the guitar. Jake hasn't been seen with that guitar in almost 20 years. Maybe some day it will show up in an auction or on eBay. Maybe they'll open a new Hard Rock Cafe and it will show up there. I think it's safe to assume the guitar is untouchable.

ouch :( wonder why he chose to part with it? I mean, that guitar had been
with him for so long so its gotta have some sentimental value to him 8O
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:19 pm

8O oh dear motha earth , i hope it does!!! this collector maybe could be reached for being ask to put up a fresh picture . It would be safe to know eventhough... -wonder what reason Jake had when selling it :!:
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:58 am

Could be like they say. You get tired of your favorite food if you eat too much of it. Seems that he kind of reverted to more older school guitars from the recent pics. Most would think, you would hold onto something like that, but I am sure if he decided, he could have another run of them put together.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:53 am

makes me wonder though...

just browsed through the Gear Specs section.
wonder how much of that stuff still is in Jakes posession?

Postby skezza » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:50 pm

I think Jake sees guitars as guitars. Randy was often described as a realist who used a guitar as a tool, but he got quite upset when he snapped the headstock on the PDV. I think Jake said years ago he'd never sell that special SG but a few years ago it went up for sale. He clearly sees guitars as equipment and isn't afraid to part with it. I've seen him using everything from Les Paul's to Mexican strats lately, so he'll clearly play whatever he fancies. Fair do ;)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:17 am

I think basically, it is knackered, just plain worn out

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:58 pm

jefnel1 wrote:Last I heard (and this was about 7 years ago) a private collector in LA purchased the guitar. Jake hasn't been seen with that guitar in almost 20 years. Maybe some day it will show up in an auction or on eBay. Maybe they'll open a new Hard Rock Cafe and it will show up there. I think it's safe to assume the guitar is untouchable.

Yeah, I was sadden some yrs back hearing that JAKE no longer has this Classic B/W Charvel or is it a Jackson '84 "Bark At the Moon" guitars: both master designs for an extraodinary Rebel jammer. I also like the blue one, the '86 Ultimate Sin guitar and the one his playing on the "The Last Time" with his band BADLANDS: it's brown, a dessert guitar. All of them amazing instruments Jake E. Lee trailblazed on!! Plus, the Sci-fi ESP guitar on his Solo "Fine Pink Mist" recording and a another ESP beauty he'd played on his comeback 2005 highly acclaimed "Retraced" album. All solid Rockin'!!! Much respects, and looking forward to more music grooves. 8)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:28 am

Thats sad. I imagine he got a good chunk of change for it and maybe needed the money for something more important.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Rainbow wrote:I think basically, it is knackered, just plain worn out

dude there is no such thing as a guitar being knackered or worn out...they just get better with age :twisted:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Secretloser » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:29 am

Tonefiend wrote:Thats sad. I imagine he got a good chunk of change for it and maybe needed the money for something more important.

Gotta agree. Why else would you sell it?!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:59 am

Shadow wrote:Yeah, I was sadden some yrs back hearing that JAKE no longer has this Classic B/W Charvel or is it a Jackson '84 "Bark At the Moon" guitars

it's neither really ;)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:29 am

sytharnia wrote:
Rainbow wrote:I think basically, it is knackered, just plain worn out

dude there is no such thing as a guitar being knackered or worn out...they just get better with age :twisted:

Not with infinite refrets they don't

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...