Accoustic?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Accoustic?

Postby Kathy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 pm

I would really love to hear what Jake could do with a accoustic guitar :P
Has anyone ever heard him play one....or is there a utube or bootleg dvd or bootleg cd something?

Secret Loser

Re: Accoustic?

Postby seasons » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Yeah, there's this album called Voodoo Highway where he plays acoustic on several tracks. There's even an acoustic solo Jake track on it too!

Thought you were a big fan Kathy! You don't even have the first two Badlands albums?

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Thank you for letting me know....I did have I think it was the first Badlands
cassette I had....I have or had a bad habit of "letting people borrow' :oops: cassettes 8 tracks......I haven't heard his Badlands stuff in years...I do, no I must revisit them..the last thing I bought was Retraced and I love it...

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Just bought a Badlands CD...this one will not be loaned out :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:21 pm

seasons wrote:Yeah, there's this album called Voodoo Highway where he plays acoustic on several tracks. There's even an acoustic solo Jake track on it too!

I did bid on the Voodoo Highway and Fine Pink Mist CDs on ebay but the bidding got to be too rich for my pocketbook.(i've become a tightwad) But, my birthday was July 3rd and I haven't bought myself a present...So, now I have something I will really enjoy....not a expensive sweater ect that I would only wear one or two times....Glad you gave me the push!!!! :D

Thought you were a big fan Kathy! You don't even have the first two Badlands albums?

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:46 am

Joe's Blues on Voodoo Highway. There was also a video of Jake playing an acoustic, sitting in a chair before he goes off into one of the Badlands tunes. I'll have to see if I can find it.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:06 am

Maybe it wasnt Joes Blues. I dont remember. I know he is playing one of them resonator acoustic guitars in a video somewhere.

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:05 pm

macheted01 wrote:Joe's Blues on Voodoo Highway. There was also a video of Jake playing an acoustic, sitting in a chair before he goes off into one of the Badlands tunes. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Unfortunately, Jake's not playing in this video on acoustic guitar .. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYU61cWY6gM

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:10 pm

macheted01 wrote:Maybe it wasnt Joes Blues. I dont remember. I know he is playing one of them resonator acoustic guitars in a video somewhere.

Winters Call - at the beginning of this clip Jake plays the acoustic guitar. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepGiupfguM

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Nice Aga-Ta, you are on your game. These are the two exact videos I had in mind. Its been awhile since I have seen them. Jake could of easily played Joes Blues on acoustic and I would guess he originally put it together on acoustic. Thanks for the links. Its been awhile, but I used to play Winters Call and should work on it again.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:18 pm

macheted01 wrote:Nice Aga-Ta, you are on your game. These are the two exact videos I had in mind. Its been awhile since I have seen them. Jake could of easily played Joes Blues on acoustic and I would guess he originally put it together on acoustic. Thanks for the links. Its been awhile, but I used to play Winters Call and should work on it again.

She is good with Jake stuff. I'm glad you are around to help put Aga-Ta!! :D
I did order Voodoo Highway buy the way :D

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:08 pm

I received my VooDoo Highway CD yesterday...and listened to it on the way to work this afternoon.....and I must say I love, love, love it. :D So far, my favorate it the James Taylor cover "Fire and Rain" I've always liked that song but now that I've heard it "Jaked Up" I like it even better. Jake produced the cd too, I know you all already know that. But, he can take another artist's song "Jake it Up" and it sounds better that the orginal. And Rays voice perfect match...I did have the first Bandlands cassette loaned it out never returned...I liked Jake better with Bandlands than Ozzy..
I can't wait until I can sit down and just listen to the music and really hear all of the different parts. 8)

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:21 am

I know the first Badlands was alot more recognized, but Voodoo Highway is just on a different plain to me. Totally balls out ripping madness on the guitar. The first is great and one of my favorites, but just a little more polished, I think. Where Voodoo Highway is just more organic and raw. I used to work at a gym when this first came out, so I had control of the music there and used to play Voodoo Highway constantly. I dont know how many people that would not even be considered music lovers, would be like, "holy shit, who is this". Just plain and simple smoking guitar work. Yup, keep spinning it for awile.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:41 am

Jade's Song

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks Aga-Ta for the links above: Winter's Call and Joe's Blues are treasure BADLANDS grooves (enjoyed their solid-Live performance), their Voodoo Highway album recording is yet another Bayou masterpiece. Soul Stealer, In A Dream and The Last Time etc.,. are total gems on this Classic BADLANDS album/Cd. :twisted:

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...