questions,questions

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

questions,questions

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:06 am

I read on a rock website and I know this is old news to some but. Did Ozzy ask Jake to return after they parted ways? :? And did Jake audition for another band and was turned away? 8O And, did Jake play professionally before Ozzy? If so, who was it?

Killer of Giants

Re: questions,questions

Postby MetalHead » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:44 am

Yes, Ozzy asked Jake back in 94-95 when Zakk first left for GnR, but that didn't
work out, so Zakk formed Pride and Glory.

Jake played somewhat professionally :) he did have the Dio gig before
Vivian Campbell. Now, remember, this was BEFORE Dio
released Holy Diver 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:44 am

Yes, Ozzy asked Jake back in 94-95 when Zakk first left for GnR, but that didn't
work out, so Zakk formed Pride and Glory.

Jake played somewhat professionally :) he did have the Dio gig before
Vivian Campbell. Now, remember, this was BEFORE Dio
released Holy Diver 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:48 am

I don't remember where I read it but I read that Jake auditioned for Testament but was turned down!
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

The Rebel legend musician Jake E. Lee played in band(s) such as RATT, TEASER and DIO early in his Professional music Career before he joined forces with OZZY OSBOURNE band. I do believe out of the earlier bands: he stayed with TEASER the longest & OZZY quite some very vital couple of yrs then onward to his own Professional band BADLANDS. Plus other highly acclaimed music projects with his WA (w/partner Mandy Lion) and Bourgeois Pigs both awesome bands: one haunting-Funk/Hard Rock and the other Soulful. I would like for him to continue in those music bands: I really like them Wicked Alliance and Bourgeois Pigs AND of course his Solo works, too!! 8)

Return to All things Jake E Lee...