Jake with Ozzy vs other bands

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

I prefer Jake

with Ozzy
44%
in Badlands
56%
solo
No votes

Total votes : 25
Rock N' Roll Rebel

Jake with Ozzy vs other bands

Postby Stewie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:56 am

Hi guys, you're all talking about all of Jake's bands and I was wondering if there are more people like me that prefer Jake's time with ozzy over the other bands. I'm not saying I dislike Jake's other work, but to me Jake's stage presence, live playing and album's with ozzy are so much better.

I must admit I really like Randy Rhoads (#1 to me) and most of Zakk Wylde's work so this is how I discovered Jake... I am also a guitar player so this might pull me more towards the 'heavier' stuff/riffs.

I got the feeling that I am in a smaller group?
With which band did you discover Jake? And whats your favorite time period?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Jake with Ozzy vs other bands

Postby Stewie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:58 am

Damn forgot to add the last option "other" but the site wont let me edit my post!!

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:31 pm

I discovered Jake with Ozzy (BATM), but prefered his guitar work in Badlands. Vote is casted.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:28 pm

macheted01 wrote:I discovered Jake with Ozzy (BATM), but prefered his guitar work in Badlands. Vote is casted.

No more Ozzy!!! Please God no! 8O

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:12 am

Jake shined in Ozzy - portrayed much more personality, as well.
I dig Badlands too, but preferred him in Ozzy.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:48 pm

I much prefer Jake E. Lee in the band he was much happiest in and that's his band BADLANDS. Although I first saw the trailblazer musician in OZZY's Band first which is of course an extraodinary music era in History with the vintage Classic's BATM and The Ultimate Sin that he made his music debut on: I still very much prefer him in a place where he felt most at Home (welcomed) and that's his Solo Career & his highly acclaimed band/BADLANDS. Which both including his time w/the Prince of Darkness/OZZY...'JAKE E. LEE shined in every music Project(s)/Bands he participated in. Enhancing them in new heights & highly acclaimed fame. He truelly delivered/give his trailblazing best in all his music grooves: looking forward to his new Solo album this year or next 2013. I also really digg/love his heavy Classic grooves w/WICKED ALLIANCE (with theBeast Mandy Lion) & BOURGEOIS PIGS. And his "Fine Pink Mist" is a amazing Sci-fi Solid-Fuse Heavy Rock masterpiece. 8) Peace! Also love "Retraced" which is another incrediable album & phenomenal line-up.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:48 pm

there is no way I can pick between the 2....with ozzy he was the BEST 80's guitarist and with badlands he was the best blues based guitarist so its WIN/WIN :D

lets face it between Jake , Warren demartini and Randy (and maybe chris holmes and adrian smith) guitar playing doesn't get any better :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 am

there are two official ''live'' bands Ozzzy and Badlands -in both Jake is great, simply one of the best
then his record AFPM i dont say Retraced,etc bcuz they are covers

very difficult but i voted
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

All Access Member

Postby AUSAR » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:26 pm

sytharnia wrote:there is no way I can pick between the 2....with ozzy he was the BEST 80's guitarist and with badlands he was the best blues based guitarist so its WIN/WIN :D

lets face it between Jake , Warren demartini and Randy (and maybe chris holmes and adrian smith) guitar playing doesn't get any better :twisted:

YEAH so glad you mentioned Chris Holmes!! I think he is one of the most under rated guitar players of the 80s. I play guitar and love zakk, john-5, and the like but i think my all time fav solo would have to be sleeping in the fire from Live in the Raw. And hasnt anyone heard his playing on The Headless Children?! :twisted:

Return to All things Jake E Lee...