Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:11 am
Location: Poland

Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby Aga-Ta » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Photo By Neil Zlozower

Image

Secret Loser
User avatar
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 am

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby Sunrise » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 am

Robin Crosby was a big gentle guy who lost his way and died from drugs. The story goes that Nikki Sixx introduced him to it. This looks like it could be 1983 or 1984...how time flies.

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Sunrise wrote:Robin Crosby was a big gentle guy who lost his way and died from drugs. The story goes that Nikki Sixx introduced him to it. This looks like it could be 1983 or 1984...how time flies.


Very beautiful back-stage pic of Jake/OZZY and Robbin/RATT at the time...'they look slammin. It's not cool putting a dark cloud over Nikki Sixx/MOTLEY CRUE character: I don't believe that he did such a thing/introducing Robbin to drugs. Not deliberately!! Alot of musicians lived such an fast live...'and died so untimely soon. Sad.

Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby unomundo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 pm

I've heard a few musicians (including Robbin Crosby) say that they were minor league baseball players (or aspired to play pro baseball) before devoting themselves to music. On the surface you might think that "America's pastime" and heavy metal are polar opposites - but both require intense dedication, a singular focus and the desire to chase a dream (since so few make it) so it really doesn't surprise me at all...

Secret Loser
User avatar
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 am

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby Sunrise » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:43 am

The story came from Robin Crosby himself, its on the bio page of the Robin Crosby tribute website.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby Doobie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:16 am

"I don't believe he did such a thing ..."
Of course he didn't, Shadow. It's just out of the question to think that someone like Nikki Sixx, who died of a heroin overdose (on more than one occasion) would introduce anyone else to drugs, isn't it?
*smdh*

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: auckland new zealand

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby sytharnia » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Doobie wrote:"I don't believe he did such a thing ..."
Of course he didn't, Shadow. It's just out of the question to think that someone like Nikki Sixx, who died of a heroin overdose (on more than one occasion) would introduce anyone else to drugs, isn't it?
*smdh*


I'm kinda with shadow, not with what they said but more what posting "story goes nikki" etc.....it sounds like a cheap shot saying nikki is the reason robbin died...or have I read to much into it??

I had a "friend" introduce me to heroin 20yrs ago, I said "hello heroin nice to meet you...now get the fuck out of my house". Obviously robbin (and nikki) didn't want it to leave

All Access Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:06 am

sytharnia wrote:
Doobie wrote:"I don't believe he did such a thing ..."
Of course he didn't, Shadow. It's just out of the question to think that someone like Nikki Sixx, who died of a heroin overdose (on more than one occasion) would introduce anyone else to drugs, isn't it?
*smdh*


I'm kinda with shadow, not with what they said but more what posting "story goes nikki" etc.....it sounds like a cheap shot saying nikki is the reason robbin died...or have I read to much into it??

I had a "friend" introduce me to heroin 20yrs ago, I said "hello heroin nice to meet you...now get the fuck out of my house". Obviously robbin (and nikki) didn't want it to leave


What I don't understand These rock stars see and have seen 1st hand what drugs will do to a person. Not only the one doing the drugs but it effects everone around them too! And as friends, family coworkers we try and try to help them but the drug has its daggers in so deep. But, if they do pull out completly clean and stay that way. They can really help others with the same problem...maybe even before loosing their family,jobs teeth and before they get those sores on their faces...I hope Jake will fix his teeth..he'd might feel better kinda perk him up abit and come out of hidding!! God he had beautiful smile. Wish we could see that smile again 8)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby MetalHead » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Kathy wrote:I hope Jake will fix his teeth..


why? are they bad?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby dixiefix » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:28 pm

maybe even before loosing their family,jobs teeth and before they get those sores on their faces...I hope Jake will fix his teeth..he'd might feel better kinda perk him up abit and come out of hidding !!
do you mean that will bring him back to success :?:

''loosing their family,jobs teeth and before they get those sores on their faces...''
sounds like a surreal drama :!:
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

All Access Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby Kathy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:47 pm

dixiefix wrote:maybe even before loosing their family,jobs teeth and before they get those sores on their faces...I hope Jake will fix his teeth..he'd might feel better kinda perk him up abit and come out of hidding !!
do you mean that will bring him back to success :?:

''loosing their family,jobs teeth and before they get those sores on their faces...''
sounds like a surreal drama :!:

Sorry if it sounded like drama to you. I have a good friend that is trying to get her life back after using meth,crack whatever she could get her hands on she lost some of her teeth what she didn't loose turned black and she had these sores on her face..it did hit a nerve with me. when I saw the utube interview with Jake at a club...I also, saw some coments on his poss drug abuse...And no fab teeth may not bring him sucess but boost his self confindence and he might want to come out of hidding...and again sorry if I offended anyone.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:56 am

Metalhead, they are BAD. :-(

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby MetalHead » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:39 am

come on... it would've been one thing if he was still in his 20's and the teeth
had gone bad, but the guy is in his 50's and it's only natural for teeth
to wither away after a while.

sometimes I think you guys just wanna hang on to how Jake
looked, acted, played 30 years ago...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:43 am

MetalHead wrote:come on... it would've been one thing if he was still in his 20's and the teeth
had gone bad, but the guy is in his 50's and it's only natural for teeth
to wither away after a while.

sometimes I think you guys just wanna hang on to how Jake
looked, acted, played 30 years ago...


Sometimes you have to call it as it is, Metalhead. Use Google image search and hop on board with the rest of us that can read between the lines (or in this case, bad teeth).

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Pic - Jake and Robbin Crosby - 1984

Postby dixiefix » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Kathy wrote:Sorry if it sounded like drama to you. I have a good friend that is trying to get her life back after using meth,crack whatever she could get her hands on she lost some of her teeth what she didn't loose turned black and she had these sores on her face..it did hit a nerve with me. when I saw the utube interview with Jake at a club...I also, saw some coments on his poss drug abuse...And no fab teeth may not bring him sucess but boost his self confindence and he might want to come out of hidding...and again sorry if I offended anyone.


.....that drug thing according to his daughter Jade; it is not true being a ''junkie'' she said, eventhough they by then there wasnt any goodhearted connection between them- today? who knows. Maybe we should gather for a good teethbrush and star-whitening toothpaste :!:
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 1 guest