Runnin w/ the devil

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Runnin w/ the devil

Postby Kathy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:16 pm

on the Eddie Van Halen 8) start of Running with the Devil it sounds like a blowing car horn and then the Jaked up RWTD has something close but different...well I read on a interview with Jake, he said he made the sound using a computer. Many of you poss know this. But, I read on the board that one of the reasons Jake never comes here is because he doesn't know how to use a computer. :? Whats up with that?
Oh, I like the cd Running with the Devil.....it still can't top Voodoo Highway 8)

Killer of Giants

Re: Runnin w/ the devil

Postby MetalHead » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Kathy wrote:start of Running with the Devil it sounds like a blowing car horn

correct! :)
that's what the original sound was 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Kathy wrote: Many of you poss know this. But, I read on the board that one of the reasons Jake never comes here is because he doesn't know how to use a computer. :? Whats up with that?
Oh,

who said that :lol: :lol: :?: :?:
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:53 pm

dixiefix wrote:
Kathy wrote: Many of you poss know this. But, I read on the board that one of the reasons Jake never comes here is because he doesn't know how to use a computer. :? Whats up with that?
Oh,

I'll try to find it before the night ends..it was a while back

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Kathy wrote:
dixiefix wrote:
Oh,

I'll try to find it before the night ends..it was a while back

Ok dixiefix u win out I have looked and looked....but I saw something about him either knowing how or having one to use....I saw it when I first joined because it really suprised me...And I have to recant :oops: saying that I'm sorry because I read on a interview Jake did about a downloading songs
So, lesson learned, I will not write anything I can't back up
If I do ever find it I'll let you know, dixiefix...no hard feelings not on my end and I hope not on yours :)

Postby plexi45 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:41 am

Hi Kathy,

I'd say what you read was, Jake does not bother with, or possibly have access to computers nowdays. I saw that somewhere as well! I know he did an interview ( with this website, I think ) via e-mail, years ago. Also, he used to be in contact with Dean from Cats Eyes Pedals via e-mail as well.
Sadly, nowdays, I doubt if he keeps in contact with anyone.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:55 am

Jake used to post here - he knows how to use a computer.

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Kathy wrote:Ok dixiefix u win out I have looked and looked....but I saw something about him either knowing how or having one to use....I saw it when I first joined because it really suprised me...And I have to recant :oops: saying that I'm sorry because I read on a interview Jake did about a downloading songs
So, lesson learned, I will not write anything I can't back up
If I do ever find it I'll let you know, dixiefix...no hard feelings not on my end and I hope not on yours :)

that's ok -if you find that person again well tell him about 'A fine pink mist' released 1986 , that Jake did a marvelous job; assembling and fixing mixing every single sound effect on a computer... and at his home it was executed ,too 8O
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:27 am

:
plexi45 wrote:Hi Kathy,

I'd say what you read was, Jake does not bother with, or possibly have access to computers nowdays. I saw that somewhere as well! I know he did an interview ( with this website, I think ) via e-mail, years ago. Also, he used to be in contact with Dean from Cats Eyes Pedals via e-mail as well.
Sadly, nowdays, I doubt if he keeps in contact with anyone.

Thank you, plexi45. I knew I had seen something. But, I do need to do my home work before posting. I've been to Ireland spent several weeks there driving too! We spent 3 days in Cork, beautiful city. Would love go back. :D

Postby plexi45 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:57 am

Nice one, Kathy! Give us a shout if you ever head over this way again! Although, you are not missing much at the minute. Been raining for the last 3 months. Worst Summer here in history!

Al.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Sounds to me like what ever the "noise" is has been reversed (so played backwards) with delay....so i'm thinking that jake was using loads of pedals around this time so I think he did a feedback thing with ton of effects on it, then the flipped it backwards :?:

anyway I love the things jake did that are different to what eddie did

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Elpowerkapo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Doobie wrote:Jake used to post here - he knows how to use a computer.

Seriously?
There a post of him? 8O

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:34 am

Elpowerkapo wrote:

Seriously?
There a post of him? 8O

It was a long time ago - at least 12 or 13 yrs, probably. But, yea ... he used to talk to us frequently there for a while.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:26 pm

"Running With the Devil" awesome Classic by VAN :twisted: HALEN and done w/zeal surprise Tribute from Jake E. Lee. Nice :!: :twisted: The da Oge comes and goes like a Fine Pink Mist. :o Peace.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Doobie wrote:
Elpowerkapo wrote:

Seriously?
There a post of him? 8O

It was a long time ago - at least 12 or 13 yrs, probably. But, yea ... he used to talk to us frequently there for a while.

Wonder why he stopped. This is a great place for him to converse with his fans. Does anyone know if he "drops by" just to see what we are saying?

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...