July 13th and 20th on TMS

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: July 13th and 20th on TMS

Postby sytharnia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:59 pm

macheted01 wrote:3Dayphunk, I guess I am on the same page as you, as far as what we saw and heard. The tone was too high gain for my liking and made note transition not as audible. Missing the Orange amp that he has been using more recently. His playing is undoubtedly all Jake E Lee, there is no mistaking that. He has been using the P90 as a pickup for quite some time now. I was bummed there was no mention of nothing, not even, "Hey, there is the white Charvel". Although it has changed.

pretty much any 100watt amp will sound buzzy at low volumes like they use on TMS...the orange would probably be even worse because they are super loud as a rule and when turned down they can get pretty muddy. Didn't jake use 5150 amps at some point (wicked alliance maybe) so an EVH makes sense.

Maybe if it was "the" white charvel we all know and love something may have been said....but I doubt it

anyway hopefully stewie uploads jakes segments for us to see after the weekend 8)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stewie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:53 am

sytharnia wrote:anyway hopefully stewie uploads jakes segments for us to see after the weekend 8)

I'll try to get the whole episode up by Sunday evening.. I am still on holidays right now so it will need to wait 8)

I'll be downloading & uploading the episode the first time I see it, so I can't wait either to watch! Looking forward to it!

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:31 am

Yeah, did not really think about that either. I am aware of it. There are only a few guys in our area that do get that, at these small bars around here. 100 watt heads are just way to much for these places.

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Stewie wrote:
sytharnia wrote:anyway hopefully stewie uploads jakes segments for us to see after the weekend 8)

I'll try to get the whole episode up by Sunday evening.. I am still on holidays right now so it will need to wait 8)

I'll be downloading & uploading the episode the first time I see it, so I can't wait either to watch! Looking forward to it!

YOUR'E THE MAN, MAN

I MEAN EDDITRUNK HAS GOTTEN HIS SALARY THROUGH THESE COMMERCIALS RIGHT :!: :!:

SO WHAT'S THE FUZZ? IT'S EASIER TO YOUTUBING JUSTIN BIEBER &TRENDS THEN GETTING A REMINDING OF THE GREAT GUITARIST THAT IS NOW RELEASING A SOLO ALBUM SINCE 17 YEARS AGO

THAT MEANS JAKE SHOULD GET ALL ATTENTION WORLDWIDE THROUGH YOUTUBE THEN FURTHER ON FB OR ANY ELSE OF THOSE SOCIAL MEDIA -IT IS ONLY TO JAKE'S ADVANTAGE DO REACH OUT FOR ANYBODY ABOUT HIS NEW SOLOALBUM :mrgreen: :!: :mrgreen: :!:

BTW JUSTIN BIENER IS A REAL GREAT DRUMMER AND NOW HE SEEMS TO REALLY WASTE HIS TIME
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:52 pm

these pict ARE great :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:09 am

Better episode sound wise last night, way better. Jake pulls out a few of his signature tricks that he does and they can be viewed better than ever here. Very short lived, as we all would love to see more of it. They did name drop Red Dragon Cartel at the beginning, but that was about it. Nothing new was shared. Now, we just have to sit back and wait. I will keep an eye on that site I found and see if anything unfolds. I generally deal with Amazon on all my music purchases and they usually provide a link with a new release and a tidbit of info a couple months prior to its release, so if its gonna drop in the fall, it should be viewable there any time. Should would be nice to see him in Guitar World.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:03 am

So, after bouncing around on some different sites, I seen Jake's playing getting some not so favorable reviews. A couple of us here on JEL.com have touched on this subject earlier on about some of the guest guitarists on TMS. Example: Richie Kotzen in my book a masterful player, but does not shine so much on TMS as such, maybe. Earlier episodes on a different season Warren Demartini, again a masterful player, but did not shine so much on TMS. These guys are not in their normal setting and may be uncomfortable, which would seem odd to think, with being such high level players. You would think no matter where, that they would just be incredible. Guys like Paul Gilbert and John 5 are very comfortable there, because they do stuff like this all the time, with clinics and shit. Its like, you got 12 seconds, give me what you got, so I could see where that may be a little challenging and different.

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:33 am

macheted01 wrote:So, after bouncing around on some different sites, I seen Jake's playing getting some not so favorable reviews. A couple of us here on JEL.com have touched on this subject earlier on about some of the guest guitarists on TMS. .

Would bee nice to know what sites /links you've been to :!:
Anyways still i guess everybody is prepared of that the quality of some shows out there isnt always the best -so is there anybody who got something, i'm out to Make Jake VISIBLE (in sweden at least but maybe also japan ... :mrgreen: etc

Postby xelatunes » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 pm

macheted01 wrote:So, after bouncing around on some different sites, I seen Jake's playing getting some not so favorable reviews. A couple of us here on JEL.com have touched on this subject earlier on about some of the guest guitarists on TMS. Example: Richie Kotzen in my book a masterful player, but does not shine so much on TMS as such, maybe. Earlier episodes on a different season Warren Demartini, again a masterful player, but did not shine so much on TMS. These guys are not in their normal setting and may be uncomfortable, which would seem odd to think, with being such high level players. You would think no matter where, that they would just be incredible. Guys like Paul Gilbert and John 5 are very comfortable there, because they do stuff like this all the time, with clinics and shit. Its like, you got 12 seconds, give me what you got, so I could see where that may be a little challenging and different.

Out of all the players that have been up on that TMS guitar player spotlight I think John 5 and Doug Aldrich have easily smoked the rest... I was VERY dissappointed with what Richie Kotzen and Paul Gilbert did when they were on the show, they are capable of SO MUCH more!! I think Billy Sheehan did a better job than most of the guitar players that have been on... As for Jake, IMHO I just think "father time" has caught up with him and his playing has diminished somewhat... But I still can't wait to hear what he'll do in RDC!!

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:23 am

Doug Aldrich's appearance on there was pretty good. Great tone too. I just recently picked up the new Burning Rain. I found there to be some great guitar work on there, but overall lacking in song structure. No hooks that really pulled me in. Doug is a great player though.
A lot of the negativity I seen on Jake playing on TMS was on Facebook. Different links from Eddie Trunk, TMS and VH1 Classics pages. All that does not really matter though. I've never seen Jake take on anything like that before. Just cant wait for Red Dragon Cartel to be released and hopefully a tour to take off as well.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:59 pm

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Pretty spectacular and very special VH1-Classic Eddie Trunk TMS Spot-light on JAKE E. LEE and other incrediable Classic heavy Rock N Rolla legends being Interviewed: the 1st being Episode 1204 with Rick Allen and Jake E. Lee and Drummer Vinny Apprice-Dio was kicking it live in the Music-showcase, then with Episode 1207 and 1208 the da Oge*Jake E. Lee was spotlighted in the Music-showcase before they went into commericial breaks. I totally enjoyed each episode JAKE guest-appeared on: his very humble and direct and can trailblazed his buns off!!!! Episode 1208 was awesome, too: this time around the VH1 Host Eddie Trunk (wearing a Lynch-Mob T-shirt) along w/his Co-hosts Jim Florentine (NFL T-shirt) and Don (can't think of last name..'he was wearing a Sword T-shirt)...'talked with musicians from Blue Oyster Cult legend Buck Dharma (coming out w/new BOC Acoustic album...'nice!!! And the mega-box set of their earlier Master Classics, that was amazing...'yes I too love having something concrete-visually simulating the Band art-works, music in my hands) and from the band KIX Brian Forsythe & Steve Whiteman and Jake E. Lee this time around dressed in Black was high-blazing in the Music-spotlight before each commericial break. Awesome!! Also music-guest Joe Satriani was on the Satalite online section talking about his newest works titled "Unstoppable Momentum" something like that. Amazing, episodes all and will go back again!! :D :twisted: 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:38 pm

hopefully this link stays for a while...this is the whole episode (8) with jake playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... dFb9uUcvzY

I read all the bad shit online about jakes playing but man to me he sounded just like the jake I love....and I love his tone in this video, maybe the first night was a lot worse?????

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...