Ray Gillen get together to jam Badlands music . To fly dow

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ray Gillen get together to jam Badlands music . To fly dow

Postby bauerserves » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:00 pm

I have to do this, hell for all I know there is already a Badlands tribute at Rays resting place or somewhere significant too allow all of us to come together and appreciate and meet people who have felt every note Jake and Greg played as a group that is still untouchable.NOBODY has even came close to what they did musically and spiritually. Which brings us all to gather together and be as one. I can play some of the songs OK most of the songs on guitar and also sing as close to Ray as I can. Any thoughts , feelings or contacts can YouTube bauerserves to see I can sing and play and bauerserves@gmail.com. is my email so let's roll out to Jersey or wherever on Rays birth , Death or Badlands release day because I have given away so many Badlands CDs that I know Ray would be proud to spread the. Word and now this

All Access Member

Re: Ray Gillen get together to jam Badlands music . To fly d

Postby macheted01 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:48 am

Hey Jeff, I checked you out on Youtube and seen your recording of In A Dream, well done. It takes a lot of balls to belt that one out, and you do a fine job. Would love to see some of your guitar playing as well. I have dabbled with High Wire and Winter's Call and definitely cant come near Ray singing as you can, but I do try. When I first purchased Badlands on cassette when I was a kid, right from the opening I was hooked and shared with all my friends in disbelief. They were awesome. Looking forward to Jake's new work. Postponed again for another 6 months from what I see. Not much of a GnR fan, but starting to feel like one waiting on Chinese Democracy.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:16 am

Really great job; I've seen very few be able to get that sound like Ray, but you did an excellent job. Badlands to this day is still my favorite band. I still listen/buy a lot of new music, go to concerts, etc., but I have never felt in my soul the way I do when I hear Jake start to play and Ray start to sing. I cannot even count how many Badlands' cassettes and CDs I've gone through. I still have the first two records on vinyl, but I try to not play them too much as I don't know if I can replace them very easily.

Sorry to hear about the postponement of Red Dragon Cartel. Do you know why it has been pushed back?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Checking out/reading some portions of the re-ply postes above: JAKE E. LEE Red Dragon Cartel is on hold?!? Hope this won't be alooong delay on his latest recording for Mr. Lee put alot of Heart and passionate Soul into his music and the guests musicians are high calibre like himself. HOPE to see this new album out by the end of the year Winter 2013 or early 2014: JAKE is gonna be on Tour 2014 the following year, that Monster 8) Cruise!! I wish him all the best & continue success to our da Oge and the hardworking Website Staff (legend and new...'your awesome) keep it going strong. Your very much apprecitated. Peace and God Bless.

Postby bauerserves » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 pm

OK! I am going to do a little tour research to see when Jake will be in the area where Ray is laid to rest. Maybe possibly generate some buzz and coordinate this annual pilgrimage to bring as many Rumblin Trains together as possible. I am gonna get to work and will be back soon with some details on a Badlands jam "if it's coolwith the powers that be at the grave yard" somehow this is gonna work. Wish me luck

Return to All things Jake E Lee...