Jake with Ozzy...

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Jake with Ozzy...

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:36 am

Alright, I know it's none of my business and stuff, but I love Jake, so I HAVE to know this. What REALLY happened that led to their seperation? No on knows the real truth besides Ozz and Jake. Any hypothesis?

I have read articles around the .net. and asked around. This is what I got:

1. Ozzy got messed up by drugs and fired Jake on the spot.

2. Ozzy just asked him politely to leave and told him to make it on his own.

3. Jake thought he was too good for Ozzy and he told Jake to leave.

4. Jake just left because he had other dreams.

What else?

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake with Ozzy...

Postby Rock » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:24 am

Yeh good question........end of the day, i personally think it took ozzy a fkn long time to get over his best friends death, that being Randy Rhoads. And Jake being the new dude after Randy, prolly copped alot. Ozzy has never really got over Randys death. :cry:

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:36 am

Randy was the guy who really dug Ozzy outta the sewers and put him in his rightful place as a metal god. and the fact the two spent so much time together and became best friends. it was no surprise when Randy died ozzy would be crushed. Jake coulda tried to be a little more understanding but that wasnt his job i think the folly ozzy had was that he thought all guitar players after Randy would be so patient that Ozzy could let his problems fall upon em and I dont think thats what jake really wanted but eh
Long Live Randy Rhoads and may he R.I.P

Postby jefnel1 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:21 am

In addition to the reasons listed already, I hear that one night while Ozzy was in a drug-induced drunken rage, he went after Sharon in front of Jake and Jake came to her rescue by pinning Ozzy to the floor.

Jake was fired shortly after.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:42 am

jefnel1 wrote:I hear that one night while Ozzy was in a drug-induced drunken rage, he went after Sharon in front of Jake and Jake came to her rescue by pinning Ozzy to the floor.

Jake was fired shortly after.

Fired shortly after :?

He should've been praised :roll:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:54 am

The Ozzy camp also declared Jake just lose interest in the band, he wasn't showing up anymore at rehearsals and just never meshed with the rest of the band.

On the other hand Jake was just fed up with Ozzy's excess and said he learned he wasn't in Ozzy's band anymore through the grapevines. Actually his roadie went to the Rainbow or something and heard Jake was fired, he told this to Jake and shortly after they received a phone call from the Ozzy camp which conformed this. Ozzy offered Jake his help if ever needed it. Yet, Jake read a magazine where Ozzy was trashing him and that's why he just kept to himself after that. He did nothing until 88/89 when Ray Gillen started calling him to form a band.

That's more or less what I've gathered from all the interviews I've read.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

All Access Member

Postby Stargazer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:45 am

I read an interview from about 1986 when Jake was still in the band where a question was if Jake thought that he was overshadowed by Randy in the Bark At The Moon era or a question like that and he replied "I Am Still Am" During that interview he also said when he suggested soemthing at times Ozzy would just ignore him and say what do you know or something along those lines. I'll post some of the interview. Too bad for Ozzy he could have had a few more top 10 albums that were respected by all fans and some more Jake E. Lee guitar leads and riffs and what did he get? 2 more good albums that didn't measure up to Jake's albums with Ozzy and 2 crappy albums after that. And we got Badlands which showed Jake had a ton left.
Last edited by Stargazer on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:00 am

Bob Daisley has said recently that when Randy told Ozzy he wanted to leave the band to go to college, Oz punched Randy in the face and called him an ungrafull bastard. He died shortly there after and , in my personal opinion, Ozzy never got over the guilt of that incident.Sharon also fucked Rhoads and I'm pretty sure Ozzy had thoughts of killing the guy. Reprotedly, ozz knew about the affair before Randy died.

As for Jake to the rescue, he shouldve just stepped aside and let him at her.Ozz and Sharon deserve each other.

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:01 am

Are you saying No Rest For The Wicked and No More Tears were crappy albums? I wouldn't say that, they were two very successful albums, in particular No More Tears. NRFTW was a rather agressive album for the time and although I'm not that crazy about NMT, we can't deny it sold very well. Which is an understatement.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

All Access Member

Postby Stargazer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:02 am

Hell_Tanner wrote:Are you saying No Rest For The Wicked and No More Tears were crappy albums? I wouldn't say that, they were two very successful albums, in particular No More Tears. NRFTW was a rather agressive album for the time and although I'm not that crazy about NMT, we can't deny it sold very well. Which is an understatement.

No I said 2 good albums(No More tears, No rest for The Wicked) and 2 crappy albums(Ozzmosis, Down To Earth).

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:05 am

Ok, I thought you said 2 goofy albums...

I kinda like Ozzmosis but yeah, DTE is a let down after listening to it a few times.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:52 am

I have to agree with stargazer DTE was a real shit sandwich.the essential Ozzy was no better due to the hack job on BTM and rock N roll Rebel and the fact that no songs from TUS were on there (but we all know why)! as for Ozzmosis was just lousy!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:43 pm

I have never been able to understand why all these music critics and Ozzy always put down the Ultimate Sin album. Killer of Giants and Lightning Strikes are 2 of the best songs that Mr. Osbourne ever had. That whole album is the best both musically and lyricaly that Ozzy ever had. All these kids now days claim they are big Ozzy fans and when you bring up TUS or Jake.e.lee they get this stupid look on their face. Until i found this web site i was the only person i new that waived the Jake flag and for years i thought i was the only person left that still cranked out Badlands and Voo doo Highway on a daily basis. Anyway im just ramblin on about nothin but i had to get that off my chest :x :x :x Hey jefnel thanx for bringing the site back dude. Oh yea and i donated so whats up with the all access pass ?

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:43 pm

I have never been able to understand why all these music critics and Ozzy always put down the Ultimate Sin album. Killer of Giants and Lightning Strikes are 2 of the best songs that Mr. Osbourne ever had. That whole album is the best both musically and lyricaly that Ozzy ever had. All these kids now days claim they are big Ozzy fans and when you bring up TUS or Jake.e.lee they get this stupid look on their face. Until i found this web site i was the only person i new that waived the Jake flag and for years i thought i was the only person left that still cranked out Badlands and Voo doo Highway on a daily basis. Anyway im just ramblin on about nothin but i had to get that off my chest :x :x :x Hey jefnel thanx for bringing the site back dude. Oh yea and i donated so whats up with the all access pass ?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:56 pm

harddriver wrote:I have never been able to understand why all these music critics and Ozzy always put down the Ultimate Sin album.

I've heard most people say it was too commercial, to poppy, to cheesy. :S

However, I can't agree with you on BATM an TUS beeing the best Ozzy albums. Don't misunderstand me, Jake is one of my main influences when
it comes to guitarplaying but musically I think Blizzard of Ozz is the best solo-album Ozzy ever released. BATM and TUS share the 2nd place though ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...