Jake with Ozzy...

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake with Ozzy...

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Your entitled to your opinion but Lynch won a Grammy for his playing on "Back For The Attack" something very few players in that genre have won. :wink: Yes, I will admit he used a plethora of power chords and tri-tones but after riffs like "In My Dreams", "Tooth and Nail", "Unchain The Night", "Kiss Of Death", "Dream Warriors", "It's Not Love", "The Hunter" etc etc etc why fix what isn't broken? George didn't learn theory until the mid 90's so that may explain his so-called lack of uniqueness lol. Don't forget the "Gothic Octave" he also used extensively. I take guitar lessons from him in the GL Dojo and I'll ask him about his inability to produce interesting riffs. Knowing George he will probably say because Don Dokken didn't want him trampling on his vocals. :D Don complaining about G's songwriting is hilarious to me. Dokken would have never been as popular without George in the 80's. I guess that's why Don hires Lynch clone afer Lynch clone because George was so bad. If Don was smart he would have kept Reb Beach.

If Jake is a better rhythm player it isn't by very much. I won't even compare the leads what's the point. Hopefully Jake will record something new but i am not going to hold my breath. He's one of the very best players in the world. Even Ted Nugent said he is one of the best he ever saw. Jake, you need to get out there brother!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 28, 2008 12:11 pm

MrScary1971 wrote: Even Ted Nugent said he is one of the best he ever saw.

Where did you hear or read that? Just wondering because everything I've heard/read from Ted regarding Jake was very much to the contrary of that statement.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Way back when Jake first came out with Ozzy Ted Nugent said on the King Biscuit Flower Hour radio show he felt Jake was an excellent player. They were broadcasting an Ozzy show and played a clip of Ted saying he loved Jake's style. He praised him for not using a whammy bar. I never knew that Ted had ever said anything bad about Jake. Jake even appeared on Ted's tribute cd covering "Bulletproof Fever". Wow, I am shocked.

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...