guitar world

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

guitar world

Postby paul » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:01 pm

I see Jake was in Guitarworld this week answering questions.I think he is trying to comeout of this hiding spree he has been on.Image

Killer of Giants

Re: guitar world

Postby Deansolo » Mon May 01, 2006 1:01 am

Which Issue? Or do you mean he was AT Guitar World answering questions?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon May 01, 2006 1:27 am

and why the huge picture of Zakk ? ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Mon May 01, 2006 3:19 am

MetalHead wrote:and why the huge picture of Zakk ? ;)

I was thinking the same thing Metal. :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon May 01, 2006 7:07 am

yah thats is kinda messed up!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Wed May 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Let me get this straight, its jake interview and there is a pic of zakk? WTF???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Wed May 03, 2006 5:36 pm

The only thing I could find on Guitarworld.com is in the 'Ask the Editors' forum. There is a thread about Jake doing a 'Dear Guitar Hero'. The thread date was April 27, 2006, so it's recent. I don't have an online subscription, so I can't access that page. Does anybody have one?

I'll also check the magazine in the store. Apparently Jake gave a lengthy interview.
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed May 03, 2006 9:29 pm

I've been sent out/e-mailed out my "Dear Guitar Hero-Jake E. Lee" questions to Guitar World quite some time ago (long ago feels like neon yrs or so maybe a year and 1/2 I forget how long but it's been quite some time ago!) and I just got accustome to it might never come out and that's a shame. Yet still I hope it will come out for fame Musician/Guitarist & Writer Jake E. Lee is a "awesome" musician and Jake E. Lee/has proven himself countless times and I sincerely hope he'll get his spotlight/limelight too in the special music section of "Dear Guitar Hero" in the esteem music Guitar magazine GUITAR WORLD! All I can say about this is I'm eagerly awaitin for it's release and I'm looking forward to it: Guitar World is great magazine and highlight some mighty extraodinary (Zakk Wylde shown above) Guitarist/Musicians. Peace! It's up to Guitar World and the music Artist/Musician when such Indepth treasure coverage will come out, I suppose. In any event I'm still waiting patiently. You Rock, JAKE. Peace!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu May 04, 2006 6:55 pm

GUITAR WORLD-July 2006

To my joyful "surprise" Rebel legend Musician Jake E. Lee is indeed put in the "spotlight/limelight" in the "Dear Guitar Hero" section of the newest Guitar World-July 2006 magazine issue. You better believe I bought it: it's spic and span brand new and I can't wait to devourer it's treasure contents! I'm "pleased" that GUITAR WORLD held true to their word and that fame Guitarist Jake E. Lee was open and available to Guitar World so that we "curious" fans can have our endless questions answered. Big smile. A very Heartfelt "thank you" to Guitar World and Guitarist Jake E. Lee (Ozzy Osbourne & Badlands fame, Wicked Alliance etc.,.) I for one certainly appreciate it...-I'm thrilled/happy all over and I can't wait to relish/dive into the newest Guitar World/July 2006 magazine that has a Devil/Angel of another fame Guitarist/Musician John Frusciante (Red Hot Chilly Peppers fame) on the Feature Cover, totally awesome! Peace.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Mstp34 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:35 pm

OMG...I can't wait

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri May 05, 2006 2:12 pm

YAY! I was just about to post this-a guitar playing friend of mine just emailed me to let me know:

The July 2006 issue of Guitar World (John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the cover) has a brief interview with JEL. Page 40-42.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:24 pm

What! The only issue I can find on the stand's is May! Are you in a time warp that you got the July issue already?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon May 08, 2006 3:49 pm

I just picked up a copy today. Maybe they just haven't changed the magazines at the store you were shopping at.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon May 08, 2006 4:40 pm

somebody scan the article :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby Fretman » Mon May 08, 2006 7:34 pm

It's an interesting article, but I would have preferred another few pages worth of Q&A as many questions remain unanswered, at least for me. I was glad to see a few of the songwriting questions addressed from the Ozzy days.

Maybe one day Jake will answer all of those questions we submitted back when Chris ran the site...I'm still waiting. :lol:

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...