Kevin DuBrow, dead at 52 !

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Kevin DuBrow, dead at 52 !

Postby MetalHead » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:39 am

"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Re: Kevin DuBrow, dead at 52 !

Postby jefnel1 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:15 am

Wow this is shocking. Thanks for sharing the sad news.

I guess he's finally jamming with Randy again...
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Postby Fretman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:37 am

Didn't see that coming. :(

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Man, that sucks. Kevin seemed like a really cool guy when we chatted with him after a QR show.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:44 pm

I just heard the news on Blabbermouth.net and this really sucks. R.I.P. Kevin Dubrow .

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:58 pm

He kills over at 52 while fuckwads like Jani Lane are still out there doing drugs, looking like shit, and sounding like shit. Amazing.

Guess it does no good to clean up your act and fly right. Same thing happend to SRV. As soon as he got off coke, his flight crashed.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Sad :cry:

RIP, Kevin...Metal Health was my summer soundtrack back in the day.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Sorry, to hear that the legendary Vocalist of Quiet Riot KEVIN DuBROW has passed away: he was quite outrageous in his stage appearance & performance(s), truely one of kind...'he will be missed & very much remembered through his music legacy with QUIET RIOT. Much condolences to the DuBrow Family & close friends.

PS - WE all have something to giveto this World through our "heartfelt & earnest" passions that each of us been gifted with: and we all change as we get older/mature (and hopefully wiser as time progress...'smile) that's life, we can't remain young forever...'not that "52" or for that matter even "62" is not that old but it is "older" that is for sure & with that maturity should be respected (that's how I was taught respect your elders...'never forget their passionate caring guidance & individual gift talents they so were Blessed with rather that be music, a blue collar worker, a housekeeper, painter, actor, etc.,.) and depending on how one takes care of them selves pretty much will determine how one might pass on. So, everyone "please" take good care of your selves & live life with heartfelt earnesty and protect your little 'tweet ones/children, they need us. God Bless and once again, much Heartfelt condolences to the DuBrow Family.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:17 am

Wow again....

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:03 am

mrmetal wrote:He kills over at 52 while fuckwads like Jani Lane are still out there doing drugs, looking like shit, and sounding like shit. Amazing.

Guess it does no good to clean up your act and fly right. Same thing happend to SRV. As soon as he got off coke, his flight crashed.

Maybe that's why only the good die young - He takes them when they are ready; He's giving us other losers time to come to our senses, hopefully.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:15 am

mrmetal wrote:He kills over at 52 while fuckwads like Jani Lane are still out there doing drugs, looking like shit, and sounding like shit. Amazing.

You seem to really have it in for bands from the " Hairmetal " genre. JUst because someone makes shitty music doesnt mean they deserve to die. If that was the case then about 90% of all of today's new acts would be six feet under.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:45 am

www.ultimaterhoads.com are gathering condolances for Kevin in there Quiet Riot section.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:54 am

harddriver wrote:

You seem to really have it in for bands from the " Hairmetal " genre. JUst because someone makes shitty music doesnt mean they deserve to die. If that was the case then about 90% of all of today's new acts would be six feet under.

Didio seeings that its NOT METAL !! Hair Metal ewhat the fuck is that its COCK ROCK not metal.........
Now dont get me wrong warrent Sucks but guys like Ratt and Tesla and Cinderealla an KIX were put in that Genre because of Fuck Tards who though just because you have long hair then you are a hair band!!!! so I agree with MR Metal on his comment ...
Judas Preist is Metakl Warrent and BON BLOW ME Is NOT Metal!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Ultimate Sinner

Postby AZFF » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:21 pm

stratattack wrote:......BON BLOW ME Is NOT Metal!!!!

I thought "BON BLOW ME" is a COUNTRY singer now????? :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:06 pm

harddriver wrote:You seem to really have it in for bands from the " Hairmetal " genre. JUst because someone makes shitty music doesnt mean they deserve to die. If that was the case then about 90% of all of today's new acts would be six feet under.

I really don't. There are some Warrant songs that were pretty good and I like some of the hair metal bands. Hell, Quiet Riot was a hair metal band.

I was just trying to make a point that the guys still acting and partying like it's 1989 are still alive, while DeBrow, a guy that certainly tried to clean up his act and was no way an asshole, not when I met him anyway, suddenly keels over. I certainly wouldn't want to wish death on anyone, not matter how shitty their music is.

Next

Return to Free for all...