Kevin DuBrow, dead at 52 !

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Kevin DuBrow, dead at 52 !

Postby harddriver » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:44 pm

mrmetal wrote:
harddriver wrote:You seem to really have it in for bands from the " Hairmetal " genre. JUst because someone makes shitty music doesnt mean they deserve to die. If that was the case then about 90% of all of today's new acts would be six feet under.

I really don't. There are some Warrant songs that were pretty good and I like some of the hair metal bands. Hell, Quiet Riot was a hair metal band.

I was just trying to make a point that the guys still acting and partying like it's 1989 are still alive, while DeBrow, a guy that certainly tried to clean up his act and was no way an asshole, not when I met him anyway, suddenly keels over. I certainly wouldn't want to wish death on anyone, not matter how shitty their music is.
Actually Quiet Riot wasnt even a very good band if you ask me. I mean they had 2 hits and one wasnt even their song. But they did open the door for alot of other bands to walk through and i as a fan of alot of the rock bands from the '80s can appreciate that. The bottomline is that its sad when anybody passes away and Dubrow seemed like a cool dude so may he rest in peace.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:09 am

I think many 80's cock rock bands would get their asses kicked now .

On the 80's the record companies as they do still today , like to beat everything to death until the public say enough and we all move on.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:18 am

AZFF wrote:
stratattack wrote:......BON BLOW ME Is NOT Metal!!!!

I thought "BON BLOW ME" is a COUNTRY singer now????? :twisted:

Yah that and show tunes LOL :lol: and ah 1234 :lol: PLEASE at least testament got back with skolnick..

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:56 pm

AZFF wrote:
stratattack wrote:......BON BLOW ME Is NOT Metal!!!!

I thought "BON BLOW ME" is a COUNTRY singer now????? :twisted:

Yah and hes fun at parties too...... :lol:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby matty35 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:32 pm

Very sad news..

Rest in peace Kevin, thanks for the music!

Matty..

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:06 am

stratattack wrote:I think many 80's cock rock bands would get their asses kicked now .

On the 80's the record companies as they do still today , like to beat everything to death until the public say enough and we all move on.
You hate 80's rock bands too ? 8O I am so alone on this board :cry: " Cock Rock " as you call it was cool man and those bands just wanted to play on stage , party and nail chicks while looking like chicks :lol: and i dont see anything wrong with that. You live in Boston and things are probably different up there than down here in the midwest where im from. Were a little more relaxed dowm here and we dig good time party music and bangin chicks and all that stuff. Boston in the '80s was probably full of dudes runnin around and talkin like Andrew Dice Clay while crankin R.e.m , the clash , and U2 in their CAWS ( cars if your in the midwest ) :lol: .

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:08 pm

harddriver wrote:
stratattack wrote:I think many 80's cock rock bands would get their asses kicked now .

You hate 80's rock bands too ? 8O I am so alone on this board :cry: " Cock Rock " as you call it was cool man and those bands just wanted to play on stage , party and nail chicks while looking like chicks :lol: and i dont see anything wrong with that. You live in Boston and things are probably different up there than down here in the midwest where im from. Were a little more relaxed dowm here and we dig good time party music and bangin chicks and all that stuff. Boston in the '80s was probably full of dudes runnin around and talkin like Andrew Dice Clay while crankin R.e.m , the clash , and U2 in their CAWS ( cars if your in the midwest ) :lol: .

Ah NO !!!!
Actualy many Musicians in Boston Including myself were going to Burklee or playing shows . Now there were some Dice type assholes there as there are everywhere but they were and are still in east Boston,,,
Now I dont hat all 80's rock... besided Testament as well as Ratt and Jake with Ozzy as well as Damn Yankees and lets not forget Judas Preist had a bgreat decade as did Maiden , overkill Suicidel Tendencies YJM was cool plus Gambale and Shawn lane hit the scene Cinderella was cool but Britney Fox Blew!!! as does Bon Jovi (Sorry New Jersey)
Boston still had Exstreme, Boston and Aerosmith and The Cars butwe had our Oops moments too.. example ?? Billy Squire...
Now just because Boston is a college town doesnt mean we listen to REM or The Cause and U2 still Blows!!! Dont Slam the Clash or the Cars ...LOL :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:49 pm

harddriver wrote:

Hey, you got me on your side, eventhough you won't give my power metal the time of day! :P

I love the "cock rock" stuff of the 80's and early 90's. I can dial into Sirus 23 Hair Nation and listen all freakin' day! That music can put me in the best mood for sure.

With that said, I hate to hear about Kevin, one of the pioneers of 80's party metal. Even though Quiet Riot wasn't the most technical or talented band on the planet, they have their place in hard rock/metal history.

R.I.P. Mr. Dubrow....you will surley be missed.

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:58 pm

stratattack wrote:
harddriver wrote:
mrmetal wrote:Judas Preist is Metakl Warrent and BON BLOW ME Is NOT Metal!!!!

I don't care what anyone says, Bon Jovi is one of the all time greats of hard rock. I know that their music has become more modern to keep up with the current scene, but those guys still put out quality music, quality shows, and still have a ton of fans. There's something to say for that in my opinion.

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:58 pm

I find a band is often most enjoyable on the commercial breakthrough type record. but then when they really get commercial, then the music gets a bit samey - I guess to keep up with the music scene.
However,(for example) Bon Jovi still have the odd notable recent song, It's my life is damn cool.
Just because it isn't high gain metal by todays standards, doesn't mean it didn't qualify as hard rock in those days!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:58 pm

Brian
Power Metal is great noones knockin that Prog Metal is the SH%T!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:32 am

I fuckin' hate Bon Jovi and every Bon Jovi song I have heard. I never understood why decent metal fans were duped into thinking this band was more than what they were--GAY!!!!

But, I respect Brian's opinion to like gay, sucky bands from New Jersey. :D

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:51 am

mrmetal wrote:But, I respect Brian's opinion to like gay, sucky bands from New Jersey. :D

hey, don't bash Zakk land ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:43 am

mrmetal wrote:I fuckin' hate Bon Jovi and every Bon Jovi song I have heard. I never understood why decent metal fans were duped into thinking this band was more than what they were--GAY!!!!

But, I respect Brian's opinion to like gay, sucky bands from New Jersey. :D

Dammit, I'm a Jon Bon fan and I'm proud of it!!!!!!!!! :lol: I don't understand how anyone couldn't like "Slippery When Wet" and "New Jersey". That's hairband music at it's best my friend. :P

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:38 pm

accidental overdose
you can read it here: http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/10/quiet-rio ... -overdose/

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...