NoiseMakers

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

NoiseMakers

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:49 am

How do you react to someone disturbing your sleep with a pumped up stereo volume ? Are the memories of yourself shredding solos at 3AM when you were a teenager making you more tolerating for that kind of things ?

My upstairs neighbour has been turning up the volume in the middle of the night for the last six monts. I've let it slide, but then I began to loose partiente and I went to see him asking 'could you please avoid listening music at night ?' He said 'sure'. And two days later he did it again. So I went to see the concierge and asked him if he could warn the guy but that did not change anything, so I finally complained to the cops ! 8O

I guess my cool music dude years are dead. The French law system has been adopting the American standard of convicting recidivism now, and the cops found out that guy already been convicted for nocturnal rowdiness and fights. So it makes me think about that homeless woman in the CA who was stealing food to feed her babies and ended up with a recidivist sentence of 25 years of emprisonment ! Ho shit, I just wanted the guy to turn it down... :cry:

All Access Member

Re: NoiseMakers

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:46 am

My sleep hasn't been disturbed in the middle of the night by loud music - but the family next door has 3 little boys who are LOUD. They run up and down the steps and fight a lot - I've never said anything, but one day they plucked my last nerve.

It was early on a Sunday morning, and they had been running up and down the steps and slamming doors, rattling my shotglass collection hanging on the wall :x Finally I got pissed and cranked up Iron Maiden's Two Minutes To Midnight as loud as I could stand it. I played it twice and when it was done, there was absolute silence from next door :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:04 pm

Eww, I hate apartment living - those posts above are a couple of the reasons I bought a home.

HOWEVER, the house across the street from me went up for sale, was purchased by an investor who rents it out, and saw it fit to rent to a dude and his girlfriend who have turned the place into a scrap metal/recycling business. They have propane tanks, welding tanks, etc. just sitting out in the open. I've called the zoning commissioner but, they find no reason to think he's running a business out of his home (what?!?!). They should sit at my front window from sun up to sun down and watch the activity going on over there. Or, try sitting on the front porch without catching a whiff of the ever-fragrant "paint-of-the-day". Amongst the other constant noises bellowing from across the street it would seem that every vehicle they own is required to have their mufflers removed and revved up three or four times (pedal pushed fully to the m-f'ing floorboard) everytime the vehicle is started (even if it's two in the morning, 6 in the morning, midnight). I guess my next home purchase will include the following requirements: Way out in the country. No neighbors visible for at least a half mile. That's the plan . . .

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:54 pm

Gutterflower wrote:My sleep hasn't been disturbed in the middle of the night by loud music - but the family next door has 3 little boys who are LOUD. They run up and down the steps and fight a lot - I've never said anything, but one day they plucked my last nerve.

It was early on a Sunday morning, and they had been running up and down the steps and slamming doors, rattling my shotglass collection hanging on the wall :x Finally I got pissed and cranked up Iron Maiden's Two Minutes To Midnight as loud as I could stand it. I played it twice and when it was done, there was absolute silence from next door :twisted:

:D :D It's a pity you'll never know why the kids became silencious after hearing 'Two minutes to midnight' twice. Maybe you made two Maiden fans without knowing it. lol

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:55 pm

On seconds thoughts, no, if they turned out to be Metal fans after what you did, then you'd be up to rehearsing sound and that wouldn't help either...

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:08 pm

Doobie wrote:I guess my next home purchase will include the following requirements: Way out in the country. No neighbors visible for at least a half mile. That's the plan . . .
Yeah, but if you're in the middle of nowhere you can get raped and murdered and the police will never make it in time to save your ass.....at least you can buy a cheap speeding car from your metal/recycling cars pieces neighbours and run away from night visitors...

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:39 pm

Shoot that's nothing. Back in my appartment days, I'd here the married couple below me doing... well... you know. They were one UGLY couple, and hearing them doing... well... you know, just put an aweful image in my head. I actually told them about it. It stopped. Either they were much quieter, or they weren't doing it at 2:00 in the morning any more. YUCK!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 pm

LOL... this post rules. I was usually the neighbor everyone complained about. :D

But, I am a little more quiet these days...

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby rice_pudding » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:09 pm

i usualy get disturbed by rowdy students returning from partys.

this morning at 4am they set off the fire alarm and the whole building had to be evacuated, i couldnt get back in for 4 and a half hours :evil:

Postby skezza » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:46 pm

haha, what a great thread, fake how do you come up with this stuff :P

Anyway yes, i do have my own little story, although it sadly doesnt include heavy metal which would be the nice part. Next door, we have some real erm, different people living there. At between 5 and 6 in the morning, every day but Sunday, the father gets up and with a petrol powered chainsaw, 'prunes' trees. If thats pruning then there must be a huge range to that word because he literally chops off up to and over 50% of the tree. Thats not really the point, the point is, at that time in the morning the last thing i'd rather do, is wake up to the sound of a beasty motor and the sound of gravity pulling trees to the floor. Luckily, my room isnt adjacent to their lawn, however ive heard it on numerous occasions after ive got up. Other neighbours have complained as well and in a mad state of hypocricy, he once complained to our nextdoor neighbour but one, whos car alarm was playing up, and going off if anything went near it, so when the cats went out in the morning, it would be triggered.

Me and the son of the nextdoor neighbour but one complained to, are good friends and we years ago named them the Flanders because of their gardening habbits etc. The way they seem to do it as a family for enjoyment and some of the things he's said has reminded me of Ned, 100%. And now, the whole street knows them as the Flanders, i dont even know if they know yet :P

:D
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:19 pm

skezza wrote:haha, what a great thread, fake how do you come up with this stuff :P

Anyway yes, i do have my own little story, although it sadly doesnt include heavy metal which would be the nice part. Next door, we have some real erm, different people living there. At between 5 and 6 in the morning, every day but Sunday, the father gets up and with a petrol powered chainsaw, 'prunes' trees. If thats pruning then there must be a huge range to that word because he literally chops off up to and over 50% of the tree. Thats not really the point, the point is, at that time in the morning the last thing i'd rather do, is wake up to the sound of a beasty motor and the sound of gravity pulling trees to the floor. Luckily, my room isnt adjacent to their lawn, however ive heard it on numerous occasions after ive got up. Other neighbours have complained as well and in a mad state of hypocricy, he once complained to our nextdoor neighbour but one, whos car alarm was playing up, and going off if anything went near it, so when the cats went out in the morning, it would be triggered.

Me and the son of the nextdoor neighbour but one complained to, are good friends and we years ago named them the Flanders because of their gardening habbits etc. The way they seem to do it as a family for enjoyment and some of the things he's said has reminded me of Ned, 100%. And now, the whole street knows them as the Flanders, i dont even know if they know yet :P

:D

:D Sorry I did not react to your post sooner, I like your story.
Looks like noise has been a problem to some of us in this board. Is that paradoxical ? Metal people complaining about noise ? I don't think so. Our concerts are in closed rooms, and Metal has enough quality in it to be enjoyed at moderated volume.

However I'm worried about one thing, I just got this nice Boss numeric recorder and I just have a crappy 10 watts transistor Marshal amp plugged in it. Will that difference of equipment quality force me to pump up the Marshall knobs to 11 so the numeric recorder gets a correct signal ? In other words, will I become a noise maker myself ? :oops: lol

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:45 pm

Fakeblue wrote:
Doobie wrote:I guess my next home purchase will include the following requirements: Way out in the country. No neighbors visible for at least a half mile. That's the plan . . .
Yeah, but if you're in the middle of nowhere you can get raped and murdered and the police will never make it in time to save your ass.....at least you can buy a cheap speeding car from your metal/recycling cars pieces neighbours and run away from night visitors...

I'd rather pack up the gun and move to the hills, Fakeblue. Good Lord! I'm becoming Granny Clampett!

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 pm

Doobie wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

I'd rather pack up the gun and move to the hills, Fakeblue. Good Lord! I'm becoming Granny Clampett!

lol I had to Google for Granny Clampett. Looks like you are talking about a character of the 'Beverly Hillbillies' tv series. I guess that show never made his way accross the Atlantic. Quite a shame...the idea of Hillbillies arriving in the Beverly Hills neighbourhood is funny. I guess Granny Clampet knew what every metal fan felt one day : be considered the weirdo on the block - lol Was Granny a noise maker ? :D

Return to Free for all...