Zeppelin Reunion Today!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Zeppelin Reunion Today!

Postby Fretman » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:41 am

Here's a picture from today's rehersal. Wish I could be there!

All Access Member

Re: Zeppelin Reunion Today!

Postby Gonzo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:13 am

I would be there right now if it wasn't thanks to the stupid tickets system!! We won 2 tickets but you have to be 18 to purchase so we rang the helpline and they couldn't help us!! They have had hundreds of complaints about that apparently. Any age to apply, 18+ to buy.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:42 pm

heres the article from MSNBC.
Led Zeppelin to Return to Stage
Dec. 10, 2007, 9:10 AM EST
LONDON (AP) -- Led Zeppelin fans from around the world descended Monday on London to see the legendary rock 'n' roll band perform a full set for the first time in nearly three decades.

Led by its three surviving members — singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones — Led Zeppelin will be joined by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums for the benefit show Monday at the O2 Arena.

Led Zeppelin has not played a full set since 1980, the year John Bonham died after choking on his own vomit. Robbed of "Bonzo's" pulsing drums, the band decided it couldn't go on and split up on Dec. 4, 1980.

Now, with an estimated 20 million fans vying for tickets pared down to a lucky 18,000 or so — including one who paid more than $168,000 for his pair — most of the rest are hoping for more tour dates.

But Plant — with his screeching, often unintelligible lyrics leading the way during the band's 12 years and eight studio albums — may be toughest of the three to be convinced that it's a good idea to go on tour.

Exclusive: MSN interviews Page, Jones on reunion

"The whole idea of being on a cavalcade of merciless repetition is not what it's all about," the 59-year-old Page told The Sunday Times.

That certainly won't be music to the ears of millions of fans who are hoping hear "Stairway to Heaven," "Whole Lotta Love" and "Kashmir" in concert again.

Plant, who recently released a successful album with bluegrass star Alison Krauss, did give an indication that this may not be the last of Led Zeppelin, however.

"It wouldn't be such a bad idea to play together from time to time," Plant added.

Monday's concert won't be the first Led Zeppelin reunion, but it will be the biggest.

Its About Time.... I just hope it becomes a full tour..
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:30 pm

I was wondering if Jason was filling in behind the kit, so I guess he is. That would be cool to see, but not worth $168,000...to me anyway. 8O

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Led Zeppelin is...and will always be "The Shit"! :D

Just my opinion...you understand. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:53 pm

I'm down wit dat.

Led Zeppelin, one band to rule them all.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:40 pm

Yeah, this is major a ZEPPELIN Reunion...'I never bought any of their records (shame on me) maybe because I was too young to purchase them at the time/back in the 60's well I was just a child. But I certainly could I have got some of their grooves when in my teen yrs late 70's/and young adult yrs during the 80's/90's & even now. So what is the best Led Zeppelin album(s) & the best of list from this very esteen Iconic legendary band. I saw the recent Guitar World issue/January 2008 on them..'I shall definately buy it..'it also features my Heart N Soul the SCORPIANS, I get all tearjerker when it comes to them for that is how I was introduced to a heavier sound/Metal. Anyway, I shall get this one and some Led Zeppelin grooves as well..'especiallly the High Way to Heaven song, that's my favorite. Peace :!:

Return to Free for all...