Owens out - Barlow in!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Owens out - Barlow in!

Postby mrmetal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Just curious of what you guys think of Iced Earth ditching ex-Judas Priest, now ex-Iced Earth singer, Tim "Ripper" Owens and re-establishing the band with the one and only Matt Barlow?

I for one think this is going to be KILLER!!!! :twisted:

Re: Owens out - Barlow in!

Postby skezza » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:20 am

Well I saw Tim with Iced Earth on this day last month and he was excellent. Range, power and tone. Barlows got something to live up to i think :P
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:35 am

I saw Owens with Iced Earth on Glorious Burden tour. He sounded great and is probably one of the best singers of all time.

But I always preferred Iced Earth when Matt Barlow was singing. His vocals just fit better with Jon's style of songwriting to my ears.

Maybe it is because that is the Iced Earth I was used to. At any rate, I am sure Tim will find another gig soon. He is to good not to be fronting some band somewhere else.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:49 am

Tim has his own band but it would not suprise me to see him join another. Matt at least for the moment is on two bands.....Iced Earth and Pyramaze.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:32 pm

I have mixed feelings about it actually, but that's nothing abnormal for me. :P I love both singers, so I think Jon should have tried to do something with them both. I think that would've made for one hell of a concept record, especially with this triology deal he's got going. Regardless, Iced Earth will continue to put out quality discs. I hope Tim lands a gig with an established band though. I hate to see him get tossed by the wayside.

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:21 pm

I'm not familiar with any early/or recent ICED EARTH works yet I'm quite aware of their magnitude of "success" in the Music business/and know that the fans were totally Heartbroken when Matt Barlow left: I think he wanted to go back to College and finish his Law Degree, something to that effect. I'm sure Tim Owens filled in wonderfully when in Iced Earth as he done a great job with Judas Priest maybe he should try going solo for awhile for this is the 2nd time this is happen to him: Rob going back to Judas Priest now it's Barlow coming back home to Iced Earth due to the fans Hearts desire of wanting their treasure Vocalists back and both bands answered the fans wishes. All the best to both legendary bands Iced Earth & Judas Priest with their new quest endeavors with the return of thier esteem Vocalists Barlow & Halford and may Tim Owens finally find a band that he can call Home. Much respects :!:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:24 am

Iced Earth is headlining ProgPower USA.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:24 am

Olaf wrote:Iced Earth is headlining ProgPower USA.

I'm very curious to see who Glenn, the promoter, confirms for the other headlining spot. It'll be interesting needless to say.

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:29 am

Olaf wrote:Iced Earth is headlining ProgPower USA.

SCHWING!!!!! That works for me!!!!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:18 pm

It's strange 'cause on the new Bravewords magazine issue that has the Iced Earth guitarist/founder and the last vocalist (Owens) of that band are on the Cover feature story. I don't think Owens is existing Iced Earth. I'm confused :? for that's what it seems to me. Check it out!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:59 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I have mixed feelings about it actually, but that's nothing abnormal for me. :P I love both singers, so I think Jon should have tried to do something with them both. I think that would've made for one hell of a concept record, especially with this triology deal he's got going. Regardless, Iced Earth will continue to put out quality discs. I hope Tim lands a gig with an established band though. I hate to see him get tossed by the wayside.

~Brian~

Couldn't have said it better.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Shadow wrote:It's strange 'cause on the new Bravewords magazine issue that has the Iced Earth guitarist/founder and the last vocalist (Owens) of that band are on the Cover feature story. I don't think Owens is existing Iced Earth. I'm confused :? for that's what it seems to me. Check it out!

Shadow, that is probably an old pic and I am thinking that mag was printed before the announcement was made. It has been officially announced by Jon that Barlow is back in the band and Tim is moving onto new things.

I liked Owens, but I like Barlow in Iced Earth better. Can't wait for the new tour and music.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks for the clearity there Mr. Metal in regards to my re-ply postes above: yeah, I guess the recent Bravewords issue #108 Jan/Feb 2008 that has on their recent cover feature the founder/guitarist Jon Schaffer and Tim Owens/vocalist in whom the later in fact is no longer in the legendary band ICED EARTH in which brought back their iconic Vocalist Matt Barlow back to the fold. So that's why the confusion for it made it seem like Tim Owens was still in Iced Earth but he in fact as moved on & I truelly wish him the best with his new music endeavors/he has a great voice. I finally just went to ICED EARTH Website to get to the core of the matter and it's factual/true that their long time (and missed) vocalist Matt Barlow indeed has returned home with a heavy embrance from his brothers in particular Jon Schaffer. It was touching & this time around just stay put for I hear that they all have families to take care of especially Matt Barlow. :D All the best to Iced Earth & Tim Owens with his band Beyond Fear. Peace :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:37 pm

i saw iced earth in November when they were supporting Heaven and Hell. Owens suited Judas priest better cos iced earth were terrible that night eshhh. but then again im not a iced Earth fan haha
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:04 am

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:i saw iced earth in November when they were supporting Heaven and Hell. Owens suited Judas priest better cos iced earth were terrible that night eshhh. but then again im not a iced Earth fan haha

Ripper kicked Judas Priest's ass for sure! I think JP's type of music suits Ripper more, so I agree with you.

~Brian~

Next

Return to Free for all...