Dan Folgerberg R.I.P

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Dan Folgerberg R.I.P

Postby harddriver » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:02 am

It is a dark time for the music industry do to the passing of the late Don Folgerberg :cry: After writing and singing such all time soft rock classics such as Footloose , Jack and Diane and Summer of '69 Mr. Folgerty's musical legacy will not soon be forgotten. I remember driving to the beach and hearing his all time hit " Pina Collidis " on the radio and leeting the top down and just singing. And i will never forget seeing him in concert and singing along to such Dan Funderburk songs like " Riding the Storm Out " and " Come Sail Away " :cry: man that brings back memories. So R.I.P. Mr. Folgerberg you will be missed.

(I in no way meant any disrespect towards Mr. Folgerberg or his accomplishments. and i hope no one was offended by this thread )

Killer of Giants

Re: Dan Folgerberg R.I.P

Postby Moose6 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:17 am

I'm glad you put the little P.S. at the end. Growing up, my sister had some Dan Fogelberg albums, so I listened to him up 'til I was 14 or 15. I really liked his songs, and him as an artist. I'm sorry to see him go.

That being said, what you wrote harddriver was pretty funny!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:05 am

Wasn't much of a fan of his myself but, I always like when they play his song, "Run for the Roses" on network TV during the Derby broadcast. They always play that song while showing young colts frolicking with their mama's in wide open Kentucky fields. Too pretty ...

Postby Fretman » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:54 pm

Too bad this dude had to die so young...RIP.

Return to Free for all...