NAMM 2008 - National Assciation of Music Merchant

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

NAMM 2008 - National Assciation of Music Merchant

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:50 pm

:D Yes, it's finallly "here" the famous NAMM 2008 Convention Event: it's taken place in sunny/or should I say cold & windy Aneheim/Los Angelos California this very special weekend January 17th - 20th, 2008! 8) How cool for those of you that are lucky guests for the public can not attend/what a pity, well maybe next year if we put our best manners forward. I get the feeling someone acted sorta outta hand when seeing their treasure music idol/and proberly just went crazy when they saw them in real life/it happens you know! So, it's just for the fortunate "sane & lucky" people to attend: afterall it is a business Music Convention the NAMM Event in which brings the finest gathering of merchandise gears & musicians together to back it up/with their groovin' Signature(s!) I heard many of music artists/bands that are masters in their choosen music fields from easy listerning to the extreme (Rock through Metal) will be present: Type of Negative guitarists Hickey, Deep Purple guitarist Steve Morse, Nevermore Jeff Loomis, Megadeth drummer, Gorgoroth bassist King ov Hell & the guitarist of Quiet Riot etc.,. are amongst this year music guests that is in this mighty scoop gathering for the NAMM Event 2008. I was trying to find out more about all the music artists/bands that will be present even the merchandise booth venders, etc.,. but google infor search will only give so much: Anyway, I hope that our DeanSolo will be present at this very special NAMM 2008 Convention Event promoting his Cat's Eye gear gadgets as well as our Rebel master guitarist Jake E. Lee (I know Jake has some wicked new music in mind) & demon vocalist Mandy Lion (he has a new album/Cd coming out this year 2008) have something deliciously wicked up their sleeves & look forward to "all" the music artists/bands so mentioned here new solid wicked grooves. Peace and those that are fortunate guests of the NAMM Event 2008, have a great time! :D 8) 8O Peace.

Killer of Giants

Re: NAMM 2008 - National Assciation of Music Merchant

Postby sytharnia » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:10 pm

and the first news from it is the new MARSHALL RANDY RHOADS signature 1959RR.... http://www.marshallamps.com/ .....by all acounts it sound awesome

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 pm

Yeah, that's pretty hefty news there from the NAMM 2008 Convention Event: and the new Marshall designed amp in Randy Rhoads memory is a real sturdy beauty/and that's a great image live B/W photo shot of legendary Rhoads I must so say myself. Very, hip & classy and much honor to the RHOADS Family for this awesome news. And looking forward to "more" awesome happenings & news (to music artists/bands) in regards to the the NAMM 2008 Convention Event that takes place annually. 8O :D :P Big smile...'whomever attended as one of the many fortunate guests/music merchants, etc.,. please give us more glorious details/I bet it was spectacular :!: For this year the public could not attend/that's not right and hopefully next year (2009) their'll let the pubic be invited, too. Peace :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:01 am

I had a really good time at NAMM this year. Lots of cool new stuff. Spent Thursday and Friday cruising the show with my wife Lisa, our friend Tony and Josh the musical director and lead guitarist for blues legend Etta James. :)

We met up with some old friends, made some new contacts including the legendary Uli Jon Roth...and got on the guest list for an awesome show at the Galaxy Theater. The show featured Y&T, L.A. Guns with Mike Varney as guest guitarist, Pat Travers, George Lynch, Warren Di Martini, a 10 year old shredder named "Jack Ripper" and others that I didn't see 'cuz we were back stage with Mike V and Tracii Guns getting *Ahem...* our attitude adjusted! :lol:

Overall it was a great show this year although the beers were a bit expensive ($7.50 for a Guiness!!! :x ). I'm looking forward to next year already!! :D

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:55 am

Deansolo wrote: ....we were back stage with Mike V and Tracii Guns getting *Ahem...* our attitude adjusted! :lol:

Oooo that smell, can't you smell that smell.... 8) :lol:

Glad you had a good time man!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:17 pm

Deansolo wrote:I had a really good time at NAMM this year. Lots of cool new stuff. Spent Thursday and Friday cruising the show with my wife Lisa, our friend Tony and Josh the musical director and lead guitarist for blues legend Etta James. :)

We met up with some old friends, made some new contacts including the legendary Uli Jon Roth...and got on the guest list for an awesome show at the Galaxy Theater. The show featured Y&T, L.A. Guns with Mike Varney as guest guitarist, Pat Travers, George Lynch, Warren Di Martini, a 10 year old shredder named "Jack Ripper" and others that I didn't see 'cuz we were back stage with Mike V and Tracii Guns getting *Ahem...* our attitude adjusted! :lol:

Overall it was a great show this year although the beers were a bit expensive ($7.50 for a Guiness!!! :x ). I'm looking forward to next year already!! :D

Dean

any new endorsers ? 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:15 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Deansolo wrote:I had a really good time at NAMM this year. Lots of cool new stuff. Spent Thursday and Friday cruising the show with my wife Lisa, our friend Tony and Josh the musical director and lead guitarist for blues legend Etta James. :)

Dean

any new endorsers ? 8)
I had a great talk with Ulrich Roth outside the Gibson room right before the show closed on Thursday. He was VERY interested in our Mista' Fuzz pedal. He said he's been looking for a "more powerful" FuzzFace type fuzz since he left the Scorpions. I mentioned ours is 30% louder than a standard FuzzFace and gave him a list of features...he asked if he could try one. I'm going to be sending one to him in a week or two. If he likes it maybe he'll be willing to give it his endorsement. I'm pretty excited about that. :)

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:11 pm

Deansolo wrote:
MetalHead wrote:

Dean

any new endorsers ? 8)
I had a great talk with Ulrich Roth outside the Gibson room right before the show closed on Thursday. He was VERY interested in our Mista' Fuzz pedal. He said he's been looking for a "more powerful" FuzzFace type fuzz since he left the Scorpions. I mentioned ours is 30% louder than a standard FuzzFace and gave him a list of features...he asked if he could try one. I'm going to be sending one to him in a week or two. If he likes it maybe he'll be willing to give it his endorsement. I'm pretty excited about that. :)

Dean

hey that sounds great :D
Uli oughta' have a nice following as well ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:26 pm

Oh yeah! Just having him playing one is a dream of mine! :D He's been a hero of mine since I was in high school.....and let me tell you, that was a looooong time ago! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:11 am

Dean

Sounds like you and Lisa had a good time :P especially getting tuned up backstage :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:22 pm

That's fantastic news Deansolo and I'm pleased to hear that you & wife (Lisa) were able to attend the NAMM festivities 2008 Event. How exciting that must have been for all of you! Showcasing your merchant gear wear the Cat's Eye products/Mista Fuzzy pedals, etc.,. and I'm sure that the legendary psychodelic guitarist Uli Jon Roth will dig your music products (and will hopefully endorsed, them) for their highly recommended by such heavy master musicians that I see often in guitar music magazines/like the Vintage Guitar issues, etc.,. So all the best with that & what a blast to meet the ex-master guitarist of the Scorpions/Uli was certainly & very much still is out of this World, his amazing! 8O 8) Glad to hear that you guys had crazy fun :!: :P :wink:

Are you planning on going to the Nashville NAMM this summer 2008. :wink: I bet that's going to be a wild one, too!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:50 am

Shadow wrote:That's fantastic news Deansolo and I'm pleased to hear that you & wife (Lisa) were able to attend the NAMM festivities 2008 Event. How exciting that must have been for all of you! Showcasing your merchant gear wear the Cat's Eye products/Mista Fuzzy pedals, etc.,. and I'm sure that the legendary psychodelic guitarist Uli Jon Roth will dig your music products (and will hopefully endorsed, them) for their highly recommended by such heavy master musicians that I see often in guitar music magazines/like the Vintage Guitar issues, etc.,. So all the best with that & what a blast to meet the ex-master guitarist of the Scorpions/Uli was certainly & very much still is out of this World, his amazing! 8O 8) Glad to hear that you guys had crazy fun :!: :P :wink:

Are you planning on going to the Nashville NAMM this summer 2008. :wink: I bet that's going to be a wild one, too!

Yeah it was fun. But no, we're not planning on going to Summer NAMM in Nashville. It's expensive enough spending a few days in L.A. (Anaheim actually) which is less than an hours drive from my house. Airfare, accomodations and expenses for the show in Nashville at this time, unfortunately, are a bit out of my reach. :|
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby SHREDDER1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:15 pm

Alway`s a blast to go.I did`nt get home till 4:30 in the morning.This year
was total debauchery.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:17 pm

SHREDDER1 wrote:Alway`s a blast to go.I did`nt get home till 4:30 in the morning.This year
was total debauchery.

I heard there was going to be some great shows at the Baked Potato that weekend. Did you make any of those?

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby SHREDDER1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:07 am

We would get invited from hotel to hotel convention room(probably cause
of the stripper freinds) to party and see the talent .People were very generous letting us in and drinking for free. The real party started after the
convention ended. 40 to 50 something year olds totally acting like teenagers.

Next

Return to Free for all...