Your favourite albums

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Your favourite albums

Postby stratattack » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:11 pm

Yah But that was NOT vandenburg but John Sykes. and it was not on slip of the tounge that album was all Vai, adrian jJohn Sykes did the entire whit snake record the quit to do Blue Murder goto JohnSykes .com for more 411,

as for Slip Of The Tounge Steve recorded all the guitar trax at what is now known as the mother ship studio Vivian Campbell and adrian Vandenburg inly toured for the Whitesnake 1987 release tour the Vivian left to form Riverdogs and Vandenburg Stayed and coverdale got Vai away from Roth and Via did all the guitar work for S. O.T.T

as for the Violin thing Yjm uses his volume knobe and a slap back echo same with Via and Campbell Sykes used a Violin Bow but now uses an Ebow when he plays the song seeings that he wrote it as well as most of the old whitesnake stuff .
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:47 pm

Gutterflower wrote:Hey, everyone...my first post. Top 5 favorite albums (this week):

1. Badlands s/t

2. Velvet Revolver-Contraband

3. Soundgarden-Badmotorfinger

4. HSAS-Through The Fire

5. Goo Goo Dolls-Superstar Carwash

Gutterflower, that's interesting that you have the HSAS on your list. That's a recent discovery of mine. I didn't know it existed until about 3 weeks ago! It's pretty good. It didn't blow me away or anything, but it's a solid hard rock album.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:53 pm

I threw in one of my all time favs this morning on my way to work, Dream Theater's - Awake.

If you've never listened to that album, please do so for me...I'm begging you! :-)

It's a masterpiece IMO! I believe it's a near perfect balance of melody, time changes, heavy crunch, beautiful ballads, and lyrics. I can't say enough about it!

Just go back and listen to it. \nn/

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:29 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
4. HSAS-Through The Fire

Gutterflower, that's interesting that you have the HSAS on your list. That's a recent discovery of mine. I didn't know it existed until about 3 weeks ago! It's pretty good. It didn't blow me away or anything, but it's a solid hard rock album.

Exactly-solid hard rock, nothing earth shattering. I've always liked Sammy, and thought this was a pretty cool one time project. My fave songs are Top of the Rock, Missing You and their cover of Whiter Shade of Pale.

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I threw in one of my all time favs this morning on my way to work, Dream Theater's - Awake.

If you've never listened to that album, please do so for me...I'm begging you! :-)

It's a masterpiece IMO! I believe it's a near perfect balance of melody, time changes, heavy crunch, beautiful ballads, and lyrics. I can't say enough about it!

Just go back and listen to it. \nn/

Cool-I'll have to pick up a copy. I've got Images and Words. I'll have to pull that out of the stacks-haven't listened to it in a looong while. 8)

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:35 pm

stratattack wrote:Yah But that was NOT vandenburg but John Sykes. and it was not on slip of the tounge that album was all Vai, adrian jJohn Sykes did the entire whit snake record the quit to do Blue Murder goto JohnSykes .com for more 411,

as for Slip Of The Tounge Steve recorded all the guitar trax at what is now known as the mother ship studio Vivian Campbell and adrian Vandenburg inly toured for the Whitesnake 1987 release tour the Vivian left to form Riverdogs and Vandenburg Stayed and coverdale got Vai away from Roth and Via did all the guitar work for S. O.T.T

as for the Violin thing Yjm uses his volume knobe and a slap back echo same with Via and Campbell Sykes used a Violin Bow but now uses an Ebow when he plays the song seeings that he wrote it as well as most of the old whitesnake stuff .

I love Blue Murder. And I saw Vivian and Adrian tour with Whitesnake when they opened up for Motley Crue on the Girlsx3 tour. 1987 was a good concert year-I saw Pink Floyd then, too. They were amaaazing! :mrgreen:

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:01 pm

MY Kinda Gal Loves Jake and Bluemuder and John sykes Girl you ROCK!!!
I also have to give props to poetsandmadmen any and all Dreamtheater rocks and is worth getting . :D

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:04 am

stratattack wrote:Yah But that was NOT vandenburg but John Sykes. and it was not on slip of the tounge that album was all Vai, adrian jJohn Sykes did the entire whit snake record the quit to do Blue Murder goto JohnSykes .com for more 411,

cheers 4 elightening me dude i was just curious as to who an how if u no what i mean..it never hurts 2 ask!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:12 am

stratattack wrote:MY Kinda Gal Loves Jake and Bluemuder and John sykes Girl you ROCK!!!
I also have to give props to poetsandmadmen any and all Dreamtheater rocks and is worth getting . :D

I love football too. That's one of the reasons why I like hanging out with the guys ;)

GO STEELERS!!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:50 am

stratattack wrote:MY Kinda Gal Loves Jake and Bluemuder and John sykes Girl you ROCK!!!

Thanks Strat!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:56 am

Gutterflower wrote:

I love football too. That's one of the reasons why I like hanging out with the guys ;)

GO STEELERS!!

Wow, you're not a Ravens fan? I'm more of a baseball guy myself. I got to see the Orioles play the Red Sox a couple of years ago at Camden Yards. It was the best baseball game I've ever attended!

You northern fans take your baseball serious! You actually get into the ballgames! The only other pro baseball games I've been to is in Atlanta, and it's very dry and boring. It seems like the fans just sit there and stare out into space! :roll:

My wife and I may be going to Virginia Beach for vacation this year and I told her wanted to go to Baltimore for another game. :D

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:00 am

Man She is thah stuff she even likes the Steelers WOW gotta Love this chick she rules !!!
The Ravens are going to get smashed to feathers :twisted:
and Dats Dat :lol:
Last edited by stratattack on Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:13 pm

stratattack wrote:Man She is thah stuff she even like the Steelers WOW gotta Love this chick she rules !!!
The Ravens are going to get samshed to feathers :twisted:
and Dats Dat :lol:

Thank you, Stratattack! :D

I've been a Steelers fan going back to the Kordell Stewart era...so you know I"m a diehard. I get NFL Sunday Ticket so that I can watch my team play. LOL I almost threw UP when The Bus fumbled at the goal line this past Sunday :cry: Thank GOD we won-now we've gotta go and beat the Broncs. They're a good team, but not as smashmouth as Blitzburgh. I'll be a nervous wreck on Sunday!

This was for the Colts, but it'll work on the Broncs, too-hopefully we can put the smackdown on them!

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Wow, you're not a Ravens fan?

My wife and I may be going to Virginia Beach for vacation this year and I told her wanted to go to Baltimore for another game. :D

I'm a Steelers babe, and I friggin' HATE the Ravens! I'm not into baseball much-I do like hockey though. :D Virginia Beach to Baltimore-that's a little bit of a haul. Have you checked out Inner Harbor? They've got a pavilion where they have some decent shows. I saw Heart there (second row center, baby!) in september 2004. It's by the water, so it's pretty nice.
Last edited by Gutterflower on Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:40 pm

Hahaha, that aint football, come play Aussie rules, no armor or helmets, we just smash em hard. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:04 pm

Thats called Rugby bro I used to play in school .my dad is from Belfast

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:57 am

stratattack wrote:Thats called Rugby bro I used to play in school .my dad is from Belfast

Heehe Rugby is Rugby, Aussie rules footy is another game ..... :)

http://afl.com.au/

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...