jimmy page speaks of touring

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

jimmy page speaks of touring

Postby Doobie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:51 am

Here's your warning - with time to start saving for it!

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music ... 1009990001

Killer of Giants

Re: jimmy page speaks of touring

Postby mrmetal » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 am

No doubt. Those tickets are going to cost a fortune.

Postby skezza » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:11 pm

im sure they'll make a few bob from that ;)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:24 pm

I'm there. I plan on Re-Fi'ing the house anyway! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Deansolo wrote:I'm there. I plan on Re-Fi'ing the house anyway! :lol:

I'm in that boat with you. :?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:20 pm

Doobie wrote:
Deansolo wrote:I'm there. I plan on Re-Fi'ing the house anyway! :lol:

I'm in that boat with you. :?

I'm so there :P Whatever it takes!

(hopefully they don't cost more than Super Bowl tickets!)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Plant is on tour now with Allison Krouch (or however you spell it). They are coming to Louisville in the Spring. I think I'll pass on this one because I think they are just promoting the CD they did together. He might throw in a couple of oldies but, that wouldn't be worth the $'s to me.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:36 pm

All misty eye here that is so fantastic and about time the Iconic Master Pioneer Hard Rock/Metal band LED ZEPPELIN rejoin forces once again. Great photo of them above & bringing with them Jon Bonham son with them on this Classic jamming Led Zeppeling Tour 2008 & I bet it will be a pretty penny to see that ruby performance. :D Led Zeppelin totally kicks! 8O 8)

Postby Fretman » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Nothing could keep me away from this. I don't see the point in Zep waiting until September. Robert Plant needs to understand that that record he recorded with Allison what's her name sucks and blow that tour off. Hell, the Earth may explode before September!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:35 pm

It would do my heart good to see the Mighty Zep one last time if I can score some tickets. Reunions like this make me long for the days when music was great. IMO the best band ever to grace the planet.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:16 pm

I was just a little too young to see them during their heyday, so this would be the chance of a lifetime for me (and many others). How amazing would this be if they could make it happen...

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:19 pm

MrScary1971 wrote:It would do my heart good to see the Mighty Zep one last time if I can score some tickets. Reunions like this make me long for the days when music was great. IMO the best band ever to grace the planet.

+ a million.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:58 pm

The Plant/Krauss show sold out in a matter of minutes. Granted, the theater only holds about 4000 people. So, they've added an additional show for the night before the original planned date. I'll go if my connection for comp tickets comes through. I'll try anything once. Plus, the way they are marketing it now on the radio you can pretty much tell he's going to throw out some Zep and solo days tunes.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:28 am

ugh. Sorry to report this:

ROBERT PLANT SAYS NO TO LED ZEPPELIN WORLD TOUR AND £100M:
I'm sure many have seen this, but for the record - www.sundaymirror.co.uk. Disappointing news, as I have been hearing that a tour was planned for after Plant wrapped up his tour with Krauss. Still time for this to change....

Plant says No to a world tour.. and £100M / By Sean Hamilton Showbiz Editor
Robert Plant has turned down an extra £100million fortune to take Led Zeppelin on a world tour. The rock legend wants to concentrate on his new partnership with US country singer Alison Krauss... spelling the likely end of the famous band. Led Zep fans had been longing for a tour announcement since last year - when the 1970s superstars reformed for a one-off show at London's O2 Arena.
Surviving members Plant, Robert Page and John Paul Jones were offered a guaranteed £100m each for a tour of North America and Europe after a million fans applied for O2 tickets. But after extensive talks Led Zep - best known for the song Stairway To Heaven - decided against the moneymaking opportunity. Guitarist Jimmy Page, 64, was keen to do the tour this year and was backed by bass player John Paul, 62.
But singer Plant, 59 - already worth an estimated £70million - wants to concentrate on his new success with US country singer Krauss. The pair's duet album Raising Sand went to No 2 in America and Britain and they are starting their own tour in April. A band source said: "Despite the enormous offer, the decision did not come down to money. They always said they would do the one-off show and then see how they felt.
"Jimmy had enjoyed the concert in December enough to want to tour. He argued they still had something to offer. He likes the idea of another chapter in the band - the grown-up tour." John sided with Jimmy. He loved making music with the others again. "But Robert wanted to leave last year's concert as their legacy. They had proved they could still do it and that was enough. He has other commitments and is happier looking forward to those. Robert put the mockers on the tour."

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:15 am

At Least Plantes not doing it for the Money if he said know to what would be about 250 Mil in US $$
It would have been Nice though But Like The Pink Floys reunion its only a pipe Dream!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Next

Return to Free for all...