Zakks new neighbour.

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Zakks new neighbour.

Postby MetalHead » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Zakks new neighbour is ... George Lynch :eek: :D

I wrote a question to George(on his forum) and
asked him what he thought about Zakk.

Here's the response:

George Lynch wrote:beside the fact that he's a crazy f$%ker..(hah!)..he's a deep player,
especially what he does outside the ozzy box..he's got serious country chops.
plus he's friggin hilarious. we're neighbors and the bottom has dropped out
of our property values since he's moved in
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Re: Zakks new neighbour.

Postby mrmetal » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:30 pm

LOL... funny stuff....

I hate it when people "claim" Zakk is overrated. That is absolute jibberish. There you have it from Lynch that Zakk is a friggin' monster player!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:37 am

I hate the "country chops" comment. I like to think of Zak as "southern metal" if you know what I mean. When I think of country, I think of Rascal Flats. :wink:

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Man, make no mistake, Zakk has "country chops"...it's not an insult. I did a stint in a country outfit. Those licks are not easy to play.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:35 am

mrmetal wrote:Man, make no mistake, Zakk has "country chops"...it's not an insult. I did a stint in a country outfit. Those licks are not easy to play.

They might be hard to play, but I hate the music.

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:54 pm

Lynch had better lock up his beer supply!
Last edited by Doobie on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:They might be hard to play, but I hate the music.

~Brian~

Well, the dancing with the girls part is always fun :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:20 pm

Well, that's pretty cool two electric master guitarists Wylde/Lynch (sometimes I almost spell his name lunch..'hee, heee. So I do a double take in looking at his name before posting/to make sure it's spelled right Lynch not lunch.) living next door to each other. I bet there's never a dole moment in that neighborhood as mentioned above! :twisted: 8)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:37 am

mrmetal wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:They might be hard to play, but I hate the music.

~Brian~

Well, the dancing with the girls part is always fun :wink:

I'd say that would be a plus, considering that metal appeals to males in general.

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:51 am

mrmetal wrote:Man, make no mistake, Zakk has "country chops"...it's not an insult. I did a stint in a country outfit. Those licks are not easy to play.

No doubt Mr Metal, wicked ass country chops. Anyone who thinks he stuck in the pentatonic box should check out Zakk and Yngwie duking it out on former Dream Theater keyboardist Derek Sherinian's "Black Utopia"?
Check out "Axis Of Evil" where Zakk can throw down with the shredders anyday. Anytime a player gets a bit overexposed and records as much as Zakk does eventually get slagged. Well I say fu*k that!!!!! Zakk and Dime gave metal guitar CPR through the fu#$ing 90's inspiring young players take off the flannels and play the guitar like men. How many guitarist polls did he win in a row? The man is a legend and if he had more say Ozzy's last album wouldn't have sucked so bad. I remember reading how frustrated he was during the recording of "Down To Earth" because Tim Palmer tried to take his signature pings and solos out of the tracks. He was pissed but like a pro he sucked it up and did it for Ozzy (Sharon LOL). Live From the Budokan was much better because Zakk played the DTE material the way he wanted live. That I Never Had and Junkie kicked ass live on that disc. Anyone who thinks the man isn't a total musician surely never heard "Book Of Shadows". Like someone said he is making a living doing what he loves and he does it damn good. Here's one for all the Society Dwelling Mofos out there. CHEERS :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:25 am

From " No Rest For the Wicked " all the way through " Blessed Hellride " Zakk was rippin shit up but since then his BLS stuff has been pretty bad and it does indeeed sound like he is putting out CD's to pay the bills. The dude is one of the best Guitarest of our generation and i just think he has gotten lazy over the last few years with his playing IMO. Years on the road and alcohol have taken their toll on good ol Zakky boy and not to mention having to play with that lame ass ol fart Ozzy Osbourne. My favorite shit from Zakk is still the " Pride and Glory " CD that just blew me away and still does to this day. I just wish good ol Zakk would take a little time off and reload his guns and put out some kick ass, mind blowin jams like we all know he is capable of doing. I think the whole BLS Biker thing is gettin a little old and played out.

Return to Free for all...