Dokken gossip

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Dokken gossip

Postby Doobie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:06 pm

From Melodicrock.com:

Nothing like a bit of Friday afternoon rumor and scuttlebutt -
First - once again rumors surrounding the classic Dokken line-up (of Dokken/Lynch/Pilson/Brown) are circulating. It is an almost annual event this rumor, but this year's is a little stronger - I can confirm there are "forces" trying to make a reunion happen for part of a US Summer package tour.

Re: Dokken gossip

Postby Fretman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:09 pm

I thought Dokken had just finished a record with a new lineup? I'd be suprised if George was on board for this...but who the Hell knows???

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:03 pm

The money would be in an original lineup but with Pilson in Foreigner and Lynch being Lynch i wouldnt see it happening. But it would be cool to see.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:37 am

Lynch has said if the money is right he will do it. Jeff Pilson signed away all his rights to the band and refused to participate in Dokken's Live From Conception '81 and the re-release of Unchain The Videos DVD. Mick and George don't really get along at all anymore but Mick will do whatever Don says. Don and George have been talking for a few years off and on about the subject but Dokken is releasing Lightning Strikes Again in March? and plan to tour this summer. LSA has been delayed for a year and Dokken fans have tabbed it the Chinese Dokken Democracy album.
Anyway I would love to see it before it becomes irrelevant or impossible.
Lynch plans on touring with his new band "Souls of We" but drummer Mike Wengren of Disturbed surely isn't leaving them to tour for Souls of We so George is problably available. Jeff is the most unlikely because he is sick of the bs and Foreigner is rumored to be writing songs until Jason Bonham is done with the mighty Zep (to tour or not to tour is the ?) . Mick and Don had LSA done last April 2007 but Frontier records ordered it scrapped and they re-recorded an entirely new disc to be released soon? Frontier wants a vintage Dokken sound which the fans will embrace wholeheartedly. Not since Erase The Slate in 1999 with Reb Beach did Dokken remotely sound like Dokken. There are rumors of another cancelllation that have fueled the re-union innuendoes. Maybe Lightning will strike again!!! :P

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby THOR » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:12 am

Lynch did a jam in the ESP room at NAMM, and talked about his new group "Souls of We." From his statements I would suspect he would not do Dokken again, and is looking towards the future. Alex Degrosso was there as well and George asked if there was anyone in the room who hadn't been in Dokken. Kinda made it seem like ancient history.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:42 pm

I would like to see Pilson back in Dio again when Ronnie decides to put out a new disc.

~Brian~

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:36 pm

don dokken is on tour with queensryche . it is all acoustic and from i heard from a geoff tate interview don is drinking alot(martini's too be exact)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:53 am

Here's info about the Lynchless Dokken CD:
(Courtesy of Melodicrock.com)

LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN FOR DOKKEN FANS:
Frontiers Records is pleased to announce all details surrounding the release of the forthcoming Dokken album Lightning Strikes Again to be released in Europe on April 11.
Dokken is one of the bands that define the Hard Rock and Metal genre in the 80's. On the heels of such masterpiece records as “Tooth And Nail”, “Under Lock & Key” and “Back For The Attack” the band has created an unique style made of heavy riffing and memorable vocal lines and melodies. After the band's split in 1989, Dokken reunited with the release of “Dysfunctional” in 1995 and since then have been a stable presence in the Hard Rock and Metal world.
Lightning Strikes Again is Dokken's 10th studio album and, from the title already, which echoes one of the band's classic song off “Under Lock & Key”, marks a true and definite return to the classic sound of the heydays.
“We have been more focused on this project than any we've done in years” says singer Don Dokken. "Yes, it has taken a long time but in the end the fans will have a Dokken CD that is as good as any we did in the 80's. Our goal is to deliver a CD that will shake up the rock world... and so far everyone says it is the best Dokken CDs since '86. It's time that a band from our era did something special and prove that our brand of music is still valid. And I think we're close, if it does not have success it won't be because we didn't give it a thousand percent effort”.
From the first time since the reunion, Dokken is going back to the roots of its sound and exposes with the power and the might of the new Millennium the hot riffs and incredible melodies that built the band's success.
Dokken's lineup is now Don Dokken (vocals), Mick Brown (drums), Jon Levin (guitar) and Barry Sparks (bass). The album was mixed by Wyn Davis (Dio, Great White).
Final track listing of the album is: Standing On The Outside; Give Me A Reason; Heart To Stone; Disease; How I Miss Your Smile; Oasis; Point Of No Return; I Remember; Judgment Day; It Means; Release Me; This Fire.
Lightning Strikes Again rocks hard, but still caresses with velvet melodies, this is exactly what the fans have been asking for more than a decade. Don't miss it when it is time of release in Europe on April 11!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:51 pm

That would be really "special" to see these fine foundation forces "Dokken, Lynch, Pilson & Brown" that made the name DOKKEN a phenomanal successful band come together again for the fans. I won't ever forget their outstanding live performance when touring/opening up for the iconic legendary JUDAS PRIEST back in the mid 80's their Turbo Tour and Dokken put on a mighty hefy breathtaking show...'they not only can play their buns off/they can "sing" I mean sing "all" of them! Awesome harmony unbelieveable harmony. So, yes "please" DOKKEN do a re-union Tour & back it up with some new material along with your great Classic songs. Amazing band & look forward to them joining forces again & seeing this Dokken re-union Tour through/and I hope they won't get into an argument 'cause that is what separated them in the first place...'just put all that aside and Tour. Peace and the best of luck to the legendary DOKKEN band. 8) :D :P

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:08 pm

www.dokken.net has some samples . first track Standing On The Outside sounds an awfull lot like It's Not Love.

Don's voic has really gone for a crap too . It almost doesn't sound like him at times like the clip for Point of No Return ? WOW

Go check'em out

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:40 pm

The guitar sounds pretty cool.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:03 pm

Jon Levin is excellent and was probably the only reason Hell To Pay was even listenable. Hopefully this is a return to the old Dokken sound but Erase The Slate was very good thanks to Reb Beach.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:01 am

MrScary1971 wrote:Jon Levin is excellent and was probably the only reason Hell To Pay was even listenable. Hopefully this is a return to the old Dokken sound but Erase The Slate was very good thanks to Reb Beach.

I agree that Jon Levin is a great guitarist. With that said, Don still watered down Jon's playing though, making the album too wimpy. If Don would cut Jon loose, he probably would tear it up!

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:38 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
MrScary1971 wrote:Jon Levin is excellent and was probably the only reason Hell To Pay was even listenable. Hopefully this is a return to the old Dokken sound but Erase The Slate was very good thanks to Reb Beach.

I agree that Jon Levin is a great guitarist. With that said, Don still watered down Jon's playing though, making the album too wimpy. If Don would cut Jon loose, he probably would tear it up!

~Brian~

True that Brian!!! Don wants Jon to sound like George but this guy has his own style. Especially when he was playing for Dora and Warlock. By the way, I heard the new JOP is gonna kick some serious arse!!!!! Good to see you around the boards again bro!!!! \^^/

Return to Free for all...