Whitesnake, again

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Whitesnake, again

Postby Doobie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:09 pm

I know there's already a Whitesnake thread somewhere but, I'll be damned if I could find it. Sorry if this is a repeat but, here's more from Melodicrock.com:
(LMAO @ the "very butch ... very masculine" remark from Coverdale - never heard music described as being very butch before!).

WHITESNAKE'S GOOD NEW BAD CD:
I also have been remiss in announcing the news that Tommy Aldridge left Whitesnake to be replaced by drummer Chris Frazer. The news from the band read as follows:
"Whitesnake have announced a new drummer; with Chris Frazier brought in to replace Tommy Aldridge (who has been touring the UK recently in John Sykes' Thin Lizzy). Frazier has previously worked extensively with ex-Whitesnake guitarist Steve Vai. Since his arrival he has recorded drum parts for Whitesnake's new studio album Good To Be Bad, which is now apparently scheduled for release in the spring of 2008. In the words of DC "Chris takes over the drum chair from the ambidextrous Mr Tommy Aldridge, drummer par excellence, who earlier in the year left to pursue alternate musical adventures... We all wish TA well on his journey and take great delight in introducing to you a new, and remarkable talent... so, without further ado... please say hello to Chris Frazier... (Cue The Music!!!)"

And a little more press for the album states:
"Legendary hard rock band Whitesnake will release its new album, Good to be Bad, at the end of April in Europe via SPV/Steamhammer. The group's first studio album in a decade features "11 new, slamming Whitesnake songs which are guaranteed to take their place alongside their multi-million selling catalog".
Commented frontman David Coverdale: "The new album contains all the elements I enjoy about Whitesnake, and more. I can hear moments that take me back to the bluesy, early years of the band all the way through the band's musical history to fully embrace the more electric aspects of where we are now, as a band. I'm thrilled with it and can hardly wait to unleash it on an unsuspecting public! If this is indeed the last Whitesnake studio record, then I'm happy to finish like this. It was a labor of love making this record...a joy... and I'm still enjoying listening to it. Can't be bad!"
The new songs, written by Coverdale and guitarist Doug Aldrich (who also co-produced the album with Coverdale and Michael McIntyre) provide a good balance of eight rocking tracks and three ballads. Coverdale feels it's the first "real" Whitesnake album in almost 20 years, commenting "It's very butch. Very muscular..."
Good to be Bad track listing: 01. Call On Me, 02. Can You Hear The Wind Blow?, 03. Best Years, 04. All I Want All I Need, 05. Good To Be Bad, 06. All For Love, 07. Summer Rain, 08. Lay Down Your Love, 09. A Fool In Love, 10. Got What You Need, 11. 'Till The End Of Time.

Re: Whitesnake, again

Postby Fretman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:05 pm

Doobie wrote:I know there's already a Whitesnake thread somewhere but, I'll be damned if I could find it. Sorry if this is a repeat but, here's more from Melodicrock.com:
(LMAO @ the "very butch ... very masculine" remark from Coverdale - never heard music described as being very butch before!).

WHITESNAKE'S GOOD NEW BAD CD:
I also have been remiss in announcing the news that Tommy Aldridge left Whitesnake to be replaced by drummer Chris Frazer. The news from the band read as follows:
"Whitesnake have announced a new drummer; with Chris Frazier brought in to replace Tommy Aldridge (who has been touring the UK recently in John Sykes' Thin Lizzy). Frazier has previously worked extensively with ex-Whitesnake guitarist Steve Vai. Since his arrival he has recorded drum parts for Whitesnake's new studio album Good To Be Bad, which is now apparently scheduled for release in the spring of 2008. In the words of DC "Chris takes over the drum chair from the ambidextrous Mr Tommy Aldridge, drummer par excellence, who earlier in the year left to pursue alternate musical adventures... We all wish TA well on his journey and take great delight in introducing to you a new, and remarkable talent... so, without further ado... please say hello to Chris Frazier... (Cue The Music!!!)"

And a little more press for the album states:
"Legendary hard rock band Whitesnake will release its new album, Good to be Bad, at the end of April in Europe via SPV/Steamhammer. The group's first studio album in a decade features "11 new, slamming Whitesnake songs which are guaranteed to take their place alongside their multi-million selling catalog".
Commented frontman David Coverdale: "The new album contains all the elements I enjoy about Whitesnake, and more. I can hear moments that take me back to the bluesy, early years of the band all the way through the band's musical history to fully embrace the more electric aspects of where we are now, as a band. I'm thrilled with it and can hardly wait to unleash it on an unsuspecting public! If this is indeed the last Whitesnake studio record, then I'm happy to finish like this. It was a labor of love making this record...a joy... and I'm still enjoying listening to it. Can't be bad!"
The new songs, written by Coverdale and guitarist Doug Aldrich (who also co-produced the album with Coverdale and Michael McIntyre) provide a good balance of eight rocking tracks and three ballads. Coverdale feels it's the first "real" Whitesnake album in almost 20 years, commenting "It's very butch. Very muscular..."
Good to be Bad track listing: 01. Call On Me, 02. Can You Hear The Wind Blow?, 03. Best Years, 04. All I Want All I Need, 05. Good To Be Bad, 06. All For Love, 07. Summer Rain, 08. Lay Down Your Love, 09. A Fool In Love, 10. Got What You Need, 11. 'Till The End Of Time.

Now where have I heard that "Good To Be Bad" phrase before?

Return to Free for all...