Whitesnake

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Whitesnake

Postby Charvelised » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 am

This Morning saw the Arrival of the much postponed Whitesnake dvd through my door,recorded in 04 with Doug Aldrich, Reb Beach on Guitars...I urge Everyone to buy it...Phenomenal!

Re: Whitesnake

Postby Fretman » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:34 am

Yes it is. :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby skrapmetal » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:57 am

I will have to check that out , thanks.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:20 pm

I'm jealous! Who did you buy it through if you don't mind me asking? Hopefully, I'll be getting it from my wife this month for my birthday.

How does Coverdale sound on it? I know Aldrich kicks ass, so that's a given!

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:41 am

I bought it from Play.com Mr Coverdale sounds Excellent! Doug with his lightening fast Legato, Reb really does very little! Marco the ultimate big head!..Tommy banging away! The quality is Fantastic!
If you go to the official Whitesnake site there is a Preview clip!

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:10 am

I have the audio to this show

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:52 am

it's no secret Reb is the 2nd man in Whitesnake.

He did a good job in Winger and Dokken though :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:21 pm

Reb is a great player in my opinion, so it surprises me that he's playing second fiddle!

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:38 pm

MetalHead wrote:it's no secret Reb is the 2nd man in Whitesnake.

He did a good job in Winger and Dokken though :)

I wonder how he feels, dougy walking in, being the new man and being the main man, when reb beach in his own right is right up there with the best. But yeh, cant wait to seee this, i have the Dio live "Killing the dragon" DVD with dougy in it, but being in oz, i bet the thing isnt in stores here yet. :evil:

Postby vayalaping » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:14 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Reb is a great player in my opinion, so it surprises me that he's playing second fiddle!

IMO Reb has nothing to worry about. He is every bit as good and talented as Doug. Sort of like in Def Leppard with Phil Collen and Vivian Campbell. Viv has no problem taking a back seat even though we all know he can rip it. Phil can rip it too - he is very underrated.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:02 am

Maybe occasionally these guys can set their egoes aside when they know they don't have million options to maintain their careers. I'm not trying to be mean by saying that, but their type of playing/music isn't what's "in" in most places.

In my opinion, a band that has both Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach in it is one hell of a band! I'm glad they're both members of one of my all time favorite bands, Whitesnake! \nn/

Hopefully, I'll get to see them live on their next tour....

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:39 pm

So, did anyone see Whitesnake between 1987 to the end of the Slip of the Tongue Tour? If so, in your opinion, how does the current lineup compare to the late 80's lineup?

I'm just curious, because I've never seen the band live before.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Are they doing any new music or just rehashing the 80's? I like Reb, but no way does he match up with Doug. Just no way.

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:06 pm

PoetsandMadmen - I saw Whitesnake during the "Slip of the Toungue" tour with Steve Vai and Adrian Vandenburg. It should've been called "Steve Vai with Whitesnake". It was a Steve Vai concert (not that there is anything wrong with that). However, it still wasn't as good as Blue Murder's first tour. One thing I'll never forget during the Blue Murder concert... Tony Franklin played the clariet for his solo spot. He said to the crowd, "Hey it's my solo and I'll play what I want." He plays a mean clarinet... would give Kenny G a run for his money. Tony did eventually burn up his frettless bass. That guy is incredible. Anyway back to Whitesnake... IMO Coverdale screwed up royally by letting John Sykes get away.

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

I saw Whitesnake on both their S/T album and Slip of the Tongue tours. On the S/T tour they opened for Motley Crue and Vivian Campbell and Adrian Vandenburg were the guitarists, Rudy Sarzo on bass and Tommy Aldridge on drums. It seemed that on that tour the guitar playing was evenly distributed and Vivian complimented Adrian nicely.

On the Slip of the Tongue tour, Steve Vai and Adrian shared guitar duties. If you know your Whitesnake history, Adrian had a wrist injury during the recording of that album and subsequent tour. Vai handled all of the guitar duties on the CD and most of the guitar duties on the tour. This show was kinda comical in a way as Rudy Sarzo kept directing Steve Vai on stage (you belong here...now go over there). It must have been one of the first shows of the tour.

Coverdale definitely rocked on the S/T tour and he was good on the Tongue tour but not as strong. The rhythm section was the same for both tours. I got to meet Tommy, Rudy, Adrian and Vivian on the S/T tour. They were very nice (I got picks from Adrian and Vivian) and got to talk Randy Rhoads with Tommy and Rudy.

As far as the new line-up goes...Doug has more of that classic rock "guitar hero" thing going on and Reb is a lot more progressive with his playing. I would imagine this has a lot to do with how the guitar duties are distributed with this line-up considering Whitesnake's catalog. Just my two cents.

Jimi
(jakeelee.com)

Next

Return to Free for all...