Whitesnake

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Whitesnake

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:44 pm

jimiforrest wrote:I saw Whitesnake on both their S/T album and Slip of the Tongue tours. On the S/T tour they opened for Motley Crue and Vivian Campbell and Adrian Vandenburg were the guitarists, Rudy Sarzo on bass and Tommy Aldridge on drums. It seemed that on that tour the guitar playing was evenly distributed and Vivian complimented Adrian nicely.

Coverdale definitely rocked on the S/T tour and he was good on the Tongue tour but not as strong. The rhythm section was the same for both tours. I got to meet Tommy, Rudy, Adrian and Vivian on the S/T tour. They were very nice (I got picks from Adrian and Vivian) and got to talk Randy Rhoads with Tommy and Rudy.

As far as the new line-up goes...Doug has more of that classic rock "guitar hero" thing going on and Reb is a lot more progressive with his playing. I would imagine this has a lot to do with how the guitar duties are distributed with this line-up considering Whitesnake's catalog. Just my two cents.

Jimi
(jakeelee.com)

What he said 8)

I saw Whitesnake open up for Crue on the Girls3 tour (Tommy with the spinning drum thing-WILDSIDE!) It was an excellent show and a good crowd. 80s arena rock at its finest, and an awesome tour.

Postby Fretman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:18 pm

I've seen this DVD and Reb and Doug are both great. Both of them are playing John Sykes stuff much of the time, and they both do it well. I was glad to see them do Burn, and wish they had done one from Page/Plant. According to Shredder, they played one of those songs at the show he attended. Having two dudes like Reb and Doug in a band together speaks volumes of the respect that those guys have for Whitesnake's music.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:00 am

Luckily I've seen Whitesnake with Moody, Marsden, Galley , Sykes, Vandenberg, Vai, de Martini and of course Doug n Reb..apart from when Vai was in the band they were always fantastic....Being a Singer myself Coverdale IS Whitesnake the Guy is sheer Class....as far as Whitesnakes greatest guitarist it's has to be John Sykes!
I Loved Lion and Bad moon Rising and Doug lastest band Burning Rain!
I never Liked Winger..although Rebs New Band "The MoB" sounds Great!
Always Loved Vandenberg!
Bored of Vai!
Moody and Marsdens The Snakes were great with JORN!..not too bad with Stefan Bergren from Snakes in Paradise ...

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:05 am

I agree with pretty much what u said Jimi, specially the last bit with dougy, he has it all...the classic rockgod looks, guitar playing etc, and yeh with most of whitesnakes songs, his style would fit alot more so that Reb's, without taking away anyting from him. :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:58 am

Thanks for all of your replies to my question. Personally, I find these sort of stories/opinions interesting.

I'm one of these people that just flat out loves the band, pretty much no matter what. Unless they decide to do rap, country, or techno! :-) I've liked all of their guitarist, including Vai. IMO, Vai gave the band a very technical feel, especially with Tommy kicking ass on the drums! :-)

There's no question about what Sykes did for this band! He pretty much brought the band to the forefront of the 80s hardrock scene.

As for Doug, my respect has exploded for him lately! I agree with you, he's an excellent guitarist! I feel like he's a classic hard rock guitarist for our modern times. We're lucky to have him around to play with the greats such as Ronnie James Dio and Whitesnake.

Whitesnake is truly a classic hard rock band, and those of you that have seen this band live are very lucky!

Jimi/Jeff, your opinions are welcomed anytime! We always like to hear from you guys!

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:38 am

Dude I wonder one thing. Just look at John Sykes for a minute then Doug Aldrich do you see some resemblence besides the Blonde hair and Gibson LP

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:49 am

RandyRhoadsRules! wrote:Dude I wonder one thing. Just look at John Sykes for a minute then Doug Aldrich do you see some resemblence besides the Blonde hair and Gibson LP

Well, I think Doug fits the Whitesnake formula that David Coverdale has used for close to 20 years now. Off and on that is.....

All Access Member

Postby shaggz1972 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:21 pm

I ordered dvd 2 weeks ago,and i have watched it twice now,
and it does rock.
David Coverdales voice has matured and is in great form
Doug and Reb do a great job,as does Marco Mendoza,and Tommy aldridge
well what can i say about Tommy.Redlining the Tacho id call it
Anyone who is a fan and does not own a copy yet....GO BUY IT.....
un Believable
Great show
Shaggz
Rockin On That Rumblin Train

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:21 am

Didnt we already discuss this DVD like 2 months ago ? Anyway im bored and it does kick ass so i guess il go watch it again. STILL OF THE NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tawny Katean ( 80's version ) Was a smokin hot hood ornament.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:44 am

shaggz1972 wrote:I ordered dvd 2 weeks ago,and i have watched it twice now,
and it does rock.
David Coverdales voice has matured and is in great form
Doug and Reb do a great job,as does Marco Mendoza,and Tommy aldridge
well what can i say about Tommy.Redlining the Tacho id call it
Anyone who is a fan and does not own a copy yet....GO BUY IT.....
un Believable
Great show
Shaggz

Yeah, I like the new version of Whitesnake as well as the MANY 80's lineups! Hopefully, I'll get to see them live on their next go around. I'd also like to see another studio album of the boys, with Doug Aldrich having a lot to do with the writing. Maybe we'll get one soon.....

Previous

Return to Free for all...