The end must be near.....

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

The end must be near.....

Postby mrmetal » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:03 am

It has to be. They awarded a grammy to Slayer.

Better head to the bunkers...

Re: The end must be near.....

Postby Fretman » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:20 am

:lol:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am

Woooo Hooooo :D That means Poison will be in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame :D Wooo Hooo. But it will still probably be anothe 100 years before any prog/power metal band wins any award :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:24 pm

When are all you guys gonna realize that Metal's dead. :?

Maroon 5, baby! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby AZFF » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:12 pm

......bout time Slayer got some recognition!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:44 pm

The legendary Metal pioneer band SLAYER looks mean I'm "surprise" that they did not recieve an Grammy award much earlier due out of fear! 8O 8) Anyway, that's nice that they finally recieved such an honor they certainly earned it big time. I did not per say saw the Grammy Awards 2008 this past weekend/I quess it was on Sunday night right(?) My sister had complete control over the TV: so I saw bits & pieces of it/and then some on the news. I'm pleased that Blues master musician Herbie Hancock won a Grammy & that Icon Vocalist Tina Turner got honored during this famous special music Event & this strange Winehart girl/her hair was like a beehive recieved "many" Grammies that night, my 1st time ever seeing her. She was very unusual to say the less but she had a pretty good Vocal style about her but strange though. Even though I missed a good portion/all of it really it seemed to be a heavy night for a many outstanding music artists/bands at the US Grammy Awards 2008...'Oh, yeah the FOO Fighters won for best Hard Rock album that's cool/they have hefty groove sound. :wink: 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:18 pm

they have won one before........quote tom araya

"This is awesome," Araya stated backstage. "I guess we're part of the industry now, above ground. None of those tunnel diggings anymore. No, this is our second win actually. It's kind of exciting. We've been fortunate to have been around this long with no radio play. We've gotten support from satellite radio recently, MTV gave us minimal support, but it's all on word of mouth and people liking what we do and passing it on to their friends. We owe a lot of our success to our fans. The industry is great, but the fans are the ones that take the time to look you up to see what you're doing, wait for the record to come out and buy it so..."

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:39 am

harddriver wrote:But it will still probably be anothe 100 years before any prog/power metal band wins any award :wink:

Ever heard of Jethro Tull?

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:25 am

mrmetal wrote:
harddriver wrote:But it will still probably be anothe 100 years before any prog/power metal band wins any award :wink:

The only reason that band got any attention was because they had a Leprechaun that knew how to play a flute :lol: Without that flute they never would have even been noticed. And the award you are speaking of was a joke and everybody knows Metalica should have won it that year. Now please excuse me Mr. Metal while i go and watch my Winger live DVD :roll: as i have just scored tickets to go see them on March 4th Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo :D Now all on this board will envy me because i have a Winger DVD and will see them live soon :roll: All are not worthy of thee Harddriver :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Well, they are prog and they did win an award. In fact, they won the first metal award. Whether it was a fluke or not doesn't take away their grammy. :D

Be sure to wear protective eye wear at the Winger show. I hear the spotlight reflection off of Kip's teeth can cause permanent eye damage.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:28 pm

mrmetal wrote:Well, they are prog and they did win an award. In fact, they won the first metal award. Whether it was a fluke or not doesn't take away their grammy. :D

Be sure to wear protective eye wear at the Winger show. I hear the spotlight reflection off of Kip's teeth can cause permanent eye damage.
Il probably be standing behind my girlfriend :lol: That way she can absorb most of the glare 8) . Actually Winger put on a pretty good live show. And to anyone interested you should check out the new DVD its pretty impressive. Poor Kip :cry: They say beauty is a curse :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:36 pm

mrmetal wrote:It has to be. They awarded a grammy to Slayer.

I thought of you when I heard this.

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:45 pm

harddriver wrote: Il probably be standing behind my girlfriend :lol: That way she can absorb most of the glare 8) . Actually Winger put on a pretty good live show. And to anyone interested you should check out the new DVD its pretty impressive. Poor Kip :cry: They say beauty is a curse :twisted:

LOL....Tell her to wear those UV protectors and her bathing suit, then she could get a free tan with the show. Winger had some good riffs. If they come down here, I may go check them out for grins.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:46 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
mrmetal wrote:It has to be. They awarded a grammy to Slayer.

I thought of you when I heard this.

~Brian~

Did they perform for the stuffed shirts? I bet that was a fucking riot!

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:09 am

harddriver wrote:
mrmetal wrote:

The only reason that band got any attention was because they had a Leprechaun that knew how to play a flute :lol: Without that flute they never would have even been noticed. And the award you are speaking of was a joke and everybody knows Metalica should have won it that year. Now please excuse me Mr. Metal while i go and watch my Winger live DVD :roll: as i have just scored tickets to go see them on March 4th Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo :D Now all on this board will envy me because i have a Winger DVD and will see them live soon :roll: All are not worthy of thee Harddriver :roll:

I saw them opening for RATT in sydney australia in november and they were awesome...although it did get a bit boring when they play the new stuff, cause I hadn't heard it and it sound pretty much the same

Next

Return to Free for all...