Regrets for Paul Gilbert

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Regrets for Paul Gilbert

Postby Fakeblue » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:15 am

I'm happy about Paul success with MrBig, although I sometimes regret he got away from the thrash shredding path he took with Racer X, because GOD, that was a hell of a good band :

Racer X 'Into the Night'

Racer X You've gone too far

Killer of Giants

Re: Regrets for Paul Gilbert

Postby stratattack » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:18 am

Yah Raser X was Original too.
But I reall think Paul just wanted a taste of Comercial success hence Mr Big and There is nothing wrong with that but I thought with that libne up it would be more rock and less pop .
I really hated them for that. I was really dissapointed with all the MR big CDs.. Thank god for Racer X :twisted:
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:30 pm

I thought something terrible happen, thank goodness it was regarding something else as mentioned in the main post: I like Paul Gilbert and see him as more of a Solo music artists/and master Professor guitarist (his a teacher!) that lessons reaches the beginer guitarist to the more experience trailblazer. I find him extraodinary and enjoy watching his lessons on some of those Guitar World dvd's that comes with the magazine. 8O :o 8) Wow, he took one song and played it a dozen different ways...'amazing. So he started out in the band RACER X & Mr. Big: who knows maybe they may consider doing a re-union Tour one day :!: Peace.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:35 pm

I liked both equally as well. It is cool when a guitarist can step away from the shred and write a good song. Paul is awesome.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Mr. Big was an awesome band that stood out among most in the genre at the time. What planet are you guys living on?

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Well Fakeblue is in France so that may tell you something right there. :lol:

Just teasing fake!

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:58 am

mrmetal wrote:Well Fakeblue is in France so that may tell you something right there. :lol:

Just teasing fake!

:D Be careful dude, you're darkening your soul

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:06 pm

Fakeblue wrote:
mrmetal wrote:Well Fakeblue is in France so that may tell you something right there. :lol:

Just teasing fake!

It's already dark mate, I got the French blood from my Mom's family.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:54 am

mrmetal wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

Just teasing fake!

It's already dark mate, I got the French blood from my Mom's family.

Come to Paris then, I'll get you a beer.

All Access Member

Postby madbradwilson » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:52 pm

i saw paul gilbert on the G3 tour last year.

sad the other two got in his way.

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:30 am

I saw Mr. Big in 1992, in Memphis, when they opened for Rush on the "Roll the Bones" tour. It was by far one of the best concerts that I'vev ever been to. BOTH bands were awesome. And if you've never seen Paul Gilbert in action, you're truly missing something. That guy makes guitar playing look so dang easy... and I am a guitarist.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:55 am

Just teasing fake!

Ahhh yes...I forgot! :lol:

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:09 pm

Uhhhhhh . . .Paul Gilbert . . . yay?

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:59 pm

stratattack wrote:Yah Raser X was Original too.
But I reall think Paul just wanted a taste of Comercial success hence Mr Big and There is nothing wrong with that but I thought with that libne up it would be more rock and less pop .
I really hated them for that. I was really dissapointed with all the MR big CDs.. Thank god for Racer X :twisted:

I agree with you Strat. When I heard Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert were teaming up I anticipated some insane collaborations. I bought the first cd and while the music was quality it just wasn't what i was looking for or expected. I don't blame them for going into the more commerical vein after all sometimes you have to cash in to keep doing the projects you really love. They made some good music whatever their motivation. Jon Oliva who co-founded Trans Siberian Orchestra uses that cash cow to finance his true passion for his band Jon Oliva's Pain. Sometimes a little diversity is good for everyone.

Postby pyschokenetic » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:05 am

8O

Gilbert had decent success with Mr. Big. 300,000 sold of the 1st one, 1 million of "Lean into it", 200,000 of "Bump Ahead", #27 spot for their cover of the Cat Stevens tune,"Wild World". "To be with you" #1, Top 20 for the 2nd single, "Just take my heart". 3rd was released after the Grunge movement, but hit #82 on the charts. "To be with you" #1 during the Nirvana/Pearl Jam movement. Good success. Mid 90's they unraveled. He achieved what lots of musicians/bands only dream of; kudos to him. And of course, awesome guitarist!!

Saw them 03/94; amazing show!! He and Billy and those drills for their solos!! Wow!! Never will forget!!! Peace... :)

Return to Free for all...