Daniel MacMaster Passes Away...

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Daniel MacMaster Passes Away...

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:47 am

I read this sad news about the former Bonham frontman, Daniel MacMaster. He passed away in a Canadian hospital at 39 years old from a staph infection that he didn't know that he had. There's not been much said about this yet, but I believe you can read a little more about it on Blabbermouth.

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Re: Daniel MacMaster Passes Away...

Postby Doobie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:11 pm

Pneumonia and Strep A.
How sad :cry:
I hadn't seen him in years but, he still had that cute little baby face :(
Here's the link: http://hardrockheavymetal.wordpress.com ... 1968-2008/

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:14 pm

That's very young and my heartfelt condolences goes out to his Family the MacMasters'. Although I'm not accustom to the band BONHAM music in which this famous Frontman/Daniel MacMaster was apart of, their name looks quite familiar. If only the seriousness of ill condition was caught sooner this vibrant music artist MacMaster would still be present...'how very sad/my heart goes out to his Family. May their hearts be healed & embranced in this sorrowful lost. Peace.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Shadow wrote:That's very young and my heartfelt condolences goes out to his Family the MacMasters'. Although I'm not accustom to the band BONHAM music in which this famous Frontman/Daniel MacMaster was apart of, their name looks quite familiar. If only the seriousness of ill condition was caught sooner this vibrant music artist MacMaster would still be present...'how very sad/my heart goes out to his Family. May their hearts be healed & embranced in this sorrowful lost. Peace.

John Bonham was the drummer in Zeppelin, Shadow. His son, Jason, played drums in the band that Daniel fronted. They called themselves 'Bonham'.

Here's a video clip for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74KheeagcLM

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:23 pm

RIP Daniel :cry:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:56 pm

Thanks, Doobie for sharing that heavy & vital music History infor with me: I knew that name BONHAM looked awfully familiar...'there's alot of Classic roots behind that legendary name. I'd watched a good portion of Jason Bonham band "Wait for You" vintage Classic video on youtube so mentioned above & it has lots of cool vibes & Rockin' spirit in it! The Bonham's band frontman/Daniel MacMaster's (may he rest in peace) has a nice rich vocal vibe style there with hints of the iconic band LED ZEPPELIN groove sound "added" in a few places here & there. I thought that was cool pretty amazing. Once again, my heartfelt condolences goes out to the MacMaster's family: may their hearts be warmly embranced in this time of sorrow.

Postby Fretman » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:01 pm

This is sad news. I liked those first two Bonham records. About ten years ago I asked Jason Bonham why they didn't continue on with MacMaster and he told me that MacMaster had a nervous breakdown and couldn't continue on. 39 is way too young to die.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:55 pm

I think they had a minor hit on MTV with the song and video for " Wait for you " back in the late '80s . I dont think Daniel ever really did much else after Bonham ended but i dont know. To bad though and 39 is way to young to go. R.I.P dude.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:18 am

Fretman wrote:This is sad news. I liked those first two Bonham records. About ten years ago I asked Jason Bonham why they didn't continue on with MacMaster and he told me that MacMaster had a nervous breakdown and couldn't continue on. 39 is way too young to die.

I often wondered that same thing. I wasn't aware of the nervous breakdown.

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:16 am

Fretman wrote:39 is way too young to die.

Kind of hits close to home eh? :wink:

I have the first album, but I don't have the second. I was just listening to that one the way to work two weeks ago.

Return to Free for all...