and this just in ...

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

and this just in ...

Postby Doobie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:59 am

I'm sorry but, this made me laugh out loud. Cripes! She must really be hard up for money! Wonder what the price tag will be on these things. And, I actually wonder if they will sell, and to whom!

A limited edition Converse sneaker featuring designs inspired by Kurt Cobain's drawings and writings are about to hit stores, and you'll never guess who's helping push 'em – yep, Courtney Love.

Even though she shrieked like a banshee when Doc Martens tried to use her late husband's image to sell their shoes, The Daily Swarm reports that the Cobain Converses are being produced "with the full cooperation and approval" of Courtney. The design elements are being taken from sketches and scribblings that were published in 2002's "Journals."

Killer of Giants

Re: and this just in ...

Postby mrmetal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

I may a buy a pair of rising sun converse out of sheer protest!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:39 pm

I'll take a pair of the blood splatter designs (Kurts last "peice" of art)

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:36 pm

I never have understood the Nirvana appeal. Alice N Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP, and even Dave Grohl's Foo Fighters were and are much better bands. Like Gene Simmons once said, "We've been replaced by guys who look like they're cutting their lawns on Sundays!!!!".
Were they good? Yes, but IMO way overrated. It's hard to understand how this band supposedly brought metal to its knees with Smells Like Teen Spirit. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:17 am

MrScary1971 wrote:I never have understood the Nirvana appeal. Alice N Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP, and even Dave Grohl's Foo Fighters were and are much better bands.

I agree. And I'm going to 2 Foo Fighters shows at Red Rocks this summer -woot! They kick ass LIVE :P

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:43 am

RIKKI ROCKETT, POISON DRUMMER, ARRESTED AT LAX:
By Jason Kandel, Staff Writer www.dailynews.com/ci_8714425
The drummer for 80s glam band Poison was arrested on a rape warrant issued out of Mississippi as he arrived at LAX after getting off a flight from New Zealand, police said.
Rikki Rockett, 46, was arrested Monday at the airport and booked into the Los Angeles County Jail, according to Los Angeles police and the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department's Inmate Information Web site. He was held on a strong-arm rape warrant stemming from Neshoba County, Missisippi, and appears to have been released from L.A. County custody, the Sheriff's Web site shows. His status today could not be confirmed.
Details about the warrant were not immediately available. Messages left with state police in Mississippi went unanswered.
According to the online Web site Wikipedia, Rockett was born Richard Allan Ream in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. He has worked as a hairdresser, lifeguard, dishwasher, Emergency Medical Technician and a suit salesman. He rose to prominence in the 1980s when he co-founded the band Poison with vocalist Bret Michaels.
In late 1993, Rockett discovered that the then guitarist Richie Kotzen of Poison was having a relationship with Rockett's fiancee at the time, Deanna Eve. Kotzen was fired due to this incident.
For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out Mean Streets, the Daily News crime blog.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:54 am

OOOPS....Dont need nothing but a good time...hey, why the cuffs...wait....how do you know she didnt want me?

Seriously though, sucks for him but that lifestyle can be delusional...

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:33 am

Doobie wrote:RIKKI ROCKETT, POISON DRUMMER, ARRESTED AT LAX:
By Jason Kandel, Staff Writer www.dailynews.com/ci_8714425
The drummer for 80s glam band Poison was arrested on a rape warrant issued out of Mississippi as he arrived at LAX after getting off a flight from New Zealand, police said.
Rikki Rockett, 46, was arrested Monday at the airport and booked into the Los Angeles County Jail, according to Los Angeles police and the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department's Inmate Information Web site. He was held on a strong-arm rape warrant stemming from Neshoba County, Missisippi, and appears to have been released from L.A. County custody, the Sheriff's Web site shows. His status today could not be confirmed.
Details about the warrant were not immediately available. Messages left with state police in Mississippi went unanswered.
According to the online Web site Wikipedia, Rockett was born Richard Allan Ream in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. He has worked as a hairdresser, lifeguard, dishwasher, Emergency Medical Technician and a suit salesman. He rose to prominence in the 1980s when he co-founded the band Poison with vocalist Bret Michaels.
In late 1993, Rockett discovered that the then guitarist Richie Kotzen of Poison was having a relationship with Rockett's fiancee at the time, Deanna Eve. Kotzen was fired due to this incident.
For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out Mean Streets, the Daily News crime blog.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:06 am

I think we need to hold a silent vigil for harddriver . . . :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:16 pm

Badseeddbs wrote:OOOPS....Dont need nothing but a good time...hey, why the cuffs...wait....how do you know she didnt want me?

Seriously though, sucks for him but that lifestyle can be delusional...

Well, he is innocent until proven otherwise. Maybe it will turn out to be a setup or some other kind of farce. For harddriver's sake I sure do hope so!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:59 pm

I hope hes innocent but if he did commit such an act then hes just an idiot. I was hoping to go see them in August and if i do il be sure to keep a close eye on my girlfriend during the drum solo. :lol: Nothing funny about this though but i hope it isnt true.

Return to Free for all...