Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby _will_ » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:09 pm

Steve Stevens flamenco stuff seems to be good, looks like it would have been a good concert...
not something I have been to though :(

Postby skezza » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:50 pm

MrMetal, I represent 33.3% of the mods :lol: or 50% if you consider our 3rd mod doesnt get chance to visit as often as he'd like. I wont be deleting, or cleaning any of this topic, as long as it stays somewhat important. It started out with value and now seems to have deteriorated, but in the name of free speech there is no need to delete it as far as i can see, so long as there is still some point in it. As you can see, will above has made a valid post and that keeps it fairly legitimate. There is no real point in cleaning it up, but maybe fretman will feel differently about this one.

Madbrad, Welcome to the forums and congratulations on purchasing Jeffs beauty. I am not speaking for 100% but i can say on behalf of 95% at least, that we generally keep a good harmony. We all enjoy talking about music, Jake, and plenty of other things. We have a sense of harmony which many other forums struggle to replicate. I, for example went and purchased the Jake E. Lee ESP that was for sale some weeks back, and it is that kind of harmony you can find on this site. In time you will realize this, but for now, i ask that you try to channel your posts in a positive fashion because so far I'm struggling to see how questioning the size of anyone's penis has any value.
For example:
madbradwilson wrote:can you????

i'm scared..... i feel (given your posts) that you can play better than anyone. :-)
No value as far as i can see. Lets try and keep personal insults etc out of this 8)

I hope we can move forward as a forum and the current situation is resolved quickly :)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:46 pm

Cool.

To entertaining to delete eh? :lol:

Jk...

Postby skezza » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:07 pm

mrmetal wrote:Cool.

To entertaining to delete eh? :lol:

Jk...
No Sir :P

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:10 am

All of you guitar players MUST go see Tommy Emmanuel. He is one of three or four C.G.P. (Certified Guitar Players) in the world. My wife and I saw him for the third time about a month ago. Check out his web site below. He has a lot of stuff on you tube too.

www.tommyemmanuel.com

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:47 pm

Hhmmm, this is a pretty cool thread...'outside of the Hard Rock/Metal music genre of awesome trailblazers. I also like the softer (and they Rock, too but their considered to be easy listerning..) spectre of the music genre field like: Celine Dion, Donna Summer, Cat Stevens, Ill Divo (I would love to see Ill Divo..'their a Opera group/and super fantastic!), The Pointer Sister's (I saw them in the early 90's & they put on a "spectacular" Concert..'their beautiful Soulful ladies, the Pointer Sisters)...etc.,. are just a few easy listerning (Soulfully Rockin') legendary music artists I digg, alot & would love to see. :D Peace.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:09 pm

Wow, when did Ron Jeremy join the forums? Gotta love personal attacks. :P

Went to see Michael Buble in Toronto with my fiancee. Enjoyed it even though it was not something I would usually choose to see. The band was very good and Buble is very personable and entertaining. The sacrifices we make for women. :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:05 pm

Mr. Metal, my wife and I got to see Carrie Underwood last Friday night perform at East Tennessee State University. She's an artist that the both of us have wanted to see for quite sometime. Carrie put on a helluva show too....she's born to do what she's doing!

Other than her, there's not too many people that fall out of the rock genre that I care to see.

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:48 pm

I would have to say that I would probably go see Brad Paisley.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:44 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote: ... there's not too many people that fall out of the rock genre that I care to see...

I hear ya!!! :twisted: If you're going to spend the money on a show, go for the metal! :twisted:

That is money well spent!!!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:48 pm

mrmetal wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote: ... there's not too many people that fall out of the rock genre that I care to see...

I hear ya!!! :twisted: If you're going to spend the money on a show, go for the metal! :twisted:

That is money well spent!!!

I didn't mention how easy on the eyes that Ms. Carrie was the other night! :wink:

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby Maynard12771 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:27 pm

For me, I would love to see Olivia Newton-John. She totally made me pitch a tent in the movie Xanadu. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Maynard12771 wrote:For me, I would love to see Olivia Newton-John. She totally made me pitch a tent in the movie Xanadu. :)

:lol: Yeah, I would love to see her perform as well.

Postby skezza » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:52 am

Maynard12771 wrote:For me, I would love to see Olivia Newton-John. She totally made me pitch a tent in the movie Xanadu. :)
Good answer :P

Non metal or non rock, well thats a difficult one. You cant beat a good rock concert :P I wouldnt mind seeing The Hellecasters. Those guys are excellent and they make some real fun tunes with some excellent guitar playing

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:56 am

David Bowie started off as a rock performer and went on to really divert into all styles. He would be a good performer to see and a real musical artist

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...