Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Obispo, California

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby Avenger316 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:46 pm

I saw Prince a few years ago (I mentioned this in another thread)
I got to see Willie Nelson last year. I haven't got any of his music on my IPod, but I still knew most of the songs.

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby bubbles » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:58 am

Avenger316 wrote:I saw Prince a few years ago (I mentioned this in another thread)
I got to see Willie Nelson last year. I haven't got any of his music on my IPod, but I still knew most of the songs.


I love Willie Nelson he is a really cool guy and a high quality writer/performer, he has really crossed the generation divide 8)

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:54 am

I saw Madonna a few years ago - terrible. She started talking politics, and all I could think was, "Shut up and sing Holiday!" lol It was supposed to be a show of mostly her old stuff but it sooo wasn't. Waste of money.

I saw Prince a couple of months after Madonna and he was BRILLIANT! One of my best concerts ever. Little dude can jam on that guitar - and he played a 45 minute acoustic set too - his show was about 3 hours long, and each concertgoer got a free copy of his latest cd at the time, Musicology. The man can really work a crowd, and it was a fun, groovin' night that wore me out 8)

Also I went with a coworker and her kid to the American Idol tour when Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood were with them. Eeek - there were a bajillion screaming kids - I thought my head would explode. Bo was pretty good but Carrie wasn't, surprisingly. She's much more polished now.
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby mrmetal » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:56 am

Gutterflower wrote:I saw Madonna a few years ago - terrible. She started talking politics, and all I could think was, "Shut up and sing Holiday!"


I wish performers would get it through their heads that we don't pay good money to hear them preach to us about their political views. You have them, fine, but I have mine too so shut the fuck up and dance and sing little jester. Save that shit for your interview with Matt Lowry or an appearance on "The View".

I would love to see Prince. I have been a fan of his for a long time.

Ultimate Sinner
User avatar
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OKLAHOMA CITY

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby AZFF » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:40 pm

I saw John Denver when I was a kid....I'm 36 now....and still do enjoy John Denver. I would like to see Willie Nelson and Tim Mc Graw. That's about as Country as I get.

All Access Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby Jim2368ca » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:24 am

Does Walking with Dinosaurs count? Talking the kid in May and Hopefully Rik Emmett in October.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby mrmetal » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:41 am

Jim2368ca wrote:Does Walking with Dinosaurs count? Talking the kid in May and Hopefully Rik Emmett in October.


I was going to take mine to see that, but tickets were just too freaking expensive for good seats. $80.....I know those things were expensive to build, but jeez, to take my family to see that would be $400+service charges. I just couldn't justify that.

All Access Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby Jim2368ca » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:13 am

$80 per wow ... There are 7 of us going (extended clan) and the total was just over 400 (like 412 or something like that) they are not the most expensive seats but lower level and on the side. By looking at the youtube vids they are perfect seats, but I totally understand the droping 4 bills. I sure wouldn't be going for that reason either, if it didn't cost my family 150ish I would have waited for the video. I just hope it's going to be worth it.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby mrmetal » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:37 am

It should be....the clips I saw looked incredible. They saw something similar at Disney World Orlando not too long ago, so I didn't feel to bad about skipping this one.

Iron Man is coming out next month and that will be much cheaper!!! :lol:

All Access Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: springfield il

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby harddriver » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:24 am

I just found out that my grandmother took me to see Conway Twitty when i was 4 :lol: . I dont remember going but my sister told me about it and i thought she was lying so i called my grandma and she confirmed the story :lol: . She was babysitting me and my sister and she one 2 of them off of the radio by answering some question she said. Well she told the DJ that she wouldnt be able to go because she was watching her grandkids and the prize was only 2 tickets. But she said the DJ was able to pull some strings and get an extra ticket for lil harddriver :lol: Anyway she still has the little tweetie bird that that was given to the first 100 attendees :lol:

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Maynard12771 wrote:For me, I would love to see Olivia Newton-John. She totally made me pitch a tent in the movie Xanadu. :)


:lol: One of my best friends goes bonkers over her. Xanadu is one of his guilty pleasures due to Olivia. She was before my time, so I can't really relate. With that said, if I grew up in the 70's I believe Linda Carter (Wonder Woman) would've been my number one pick!

~Brian~

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:51 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:I saw Madonna a few years ago - terrible. She started talking politics, and all I could think was, "Shut up and sing Holiday!"


I wish performers would get it through their heads that we don't pay good money to hear them preach to us about their political views. You have them, fine, but I have mine too so shut the fuck up and dance and sing little jester. Save that shit for your interview with Matt Lowry or an appearance on "The View".

I would love to see Prince. I have been a fan of his for a long time.


I couldn't agree more with the both of you! I got sick of hearing Geoff Tate preach his B.S. as well. :roll:

~Brian~

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Concerts that are non-metal or non-rock

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:54 pm

harddriver wrote:I just found out that my grandmother took me to see Conway Twitty when i was 4 :lol: . I dont remember going but my sister told me about it and i thought she was lying so i called my grandma and she confirmed the story :lol: . She was babysitting me and my sister and she one 2 of them off of the radio by answering some question she said. Well she told the DJ that she wouldnt be able to go because she was watching her grandkids and the prize was only 2 tickets. But she said the DJ was able to pull some strings and get an extra ticket for lil harddriver :lol: Anyway she still has the little tweetie bird that that was given to the first 100 attendees :lol:


Harddriver and his tight fittin' jeans! :lol: Conway looks to me like a cheese ball and a half, but apparently had the mojo back in his day!

~Brian~

Previous

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests