Scott (Orange Juice ) Weiland out of Velvet Revolver

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Scott (Orange Juice ) Weiland out of Velvet Revolver

Postby harddriver » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:25 pm

It seems that the overated junkie has finally got booted out of the overated band. Seriously though i hope these dudes get their heads out of their asses and find a real frontman and write some real rockin songs for a change. Me personally i think that slash's best work was done on his "Snakepit " CD's and he should go back to that style and ditch that sorry ass Dave Kuchner (Who ? ) guy as well.

All Access Member

Re: Scott (Orange Juice ) Weiland out of Velvet Revolver

Postby Maynard12771 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:32 pm

I agree with you harddriver. I also never really cared for Velvet Revolver. Hopefully, they'll get to a more rockin' style.

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:33 pm

http://jakeelee.com/html/testconvert/vi ... php?t=1296

lol, read some other posts :P
In all fairness, the topic title doesn't hint at the fact that it has already been covered though

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:03 pm

_will_ wrote:http://jakeelee.com/html/testconvert/viewtopic.php?t=1296

In all fairness, the topic title doesn't hint at the fact that it has already been covered though
Damnit i do that all the time :oops: Somebody posts something and my stupid ass comes along 2 days later and posts the same thing :oops: I guess il go watch my Winger live DVD now and drink a wine cooler :lol:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:36 pm

It happens sometimes a post topic appears on the message board more then once/posted in a different phrasing of words: I guess I have to check out the 1st origional post topic of this subject of Weiland leaving/or getting booted out of Velvet Revolver is unclear to me, I just wish he could of stayed in that band...'it's a great band and Scott Weiland did a pretty cool masterworks his ex-band mates. Sorry, to hear his not there any longer & yes he can be pretty unusually extreme & he and his follow band mates tried to help him with his drug problems/all of them have quite a complex struggleing music history yet they succeeded and are very successful in their music Career & other endeavors so it's really sad to see such an outtsight band such as VELVET REVOLVER at odds with their main Vocalist Scott Weiland & I hope he gets the help he so needs to move on with his music Career & private life. I seriously hope he can go back to Velvet Revolver...'much respects to the founder/leader Slash & his band mates in Velvet Revolver. Peace.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:46 am

Weiland bites back

Ex-Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland has just issued a typically sarcastic and rambling statement to MTV News concerning his sacking from the band:

"After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious 'guitar hero,' Saul Hudson, aka Slash, I find it humorous that the so-called four 'founding members' of Velvet Revolver, better known to themselves as 'The Project' before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow.

"In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment [to the band], I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth. The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun… at times. But let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member — no need to mention his name).

"Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back. This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow bandmates in [Stone Temple Pilots] and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang."

In a final mysterious comment, Weiland warned fans not to be "fooled by veiled trickery" and even wished VR his best.

"Good hunting, lads," he quipped. "I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice."
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:44 am

LOL.... what a fuckin' drama queen. Why is this band popular? They suck.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:18 am

_will_ wrote:http://jakeelee.com/html/testconvert/viewtopic.php?t=1296

I don't like to leave hints. The obscurity of the title emotes curiosity. :wink: Although, I'm sure a lot of my threads leave you all disappointed and :roll: .

:wink:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby yellowshirtguy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Scott is out of velvet revolver and Stone Temple Pilots are reuniting at going on tour soon. I really like Stone Temple Pilots, never really cared for velvet revolver though... Don't much like slash.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:40 pm

mrmetal wrote:LOL.... what a fuckin' drama queen. Why is this band popular? They suck.
I never understood all the hype either :roll: They didnt even have one good song IMO. Both CD's were pure garbage and that is an understatement.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:27 am

Sounds like Scott made a convenient backup plan once he knew his days were numbered. The DeLeo brothers deserve much better than to take this guy back. The last STP disc sucked but Weiland was even more of a basket case than usual on that disc. Hopefully they will go back to Core or Purple and make a good disc again. Velvet Revolver was boring and I just wish they would just reform GNR and stop all this nonsense. GNR would have been the next Rolling Stones.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:56 am

Gawd, what a little bitchfest they're having! :P I'm glad I saw Velvet Revolver twice - regardless of whether or not you liked their music, the live show was pretty good. I liked STP back in the 90s so I might check them out this summer.

Postby Fretman » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:58 pm

MrScary1971 wrote:Sounds like Scott made a convenient backup plan once he knew his days were numbered. The DeLeo brothers deserve much better than to take this guy back. The last STP disc sucked but Weiland was even more of a basket case than usual on that disc. Hopefully they will go back to Core or Purple and make a good disc again. Velvet Revolver was boring and I just wish they would just reform GNR and stop all this nonsense. GNR would have been the next Rolling Stones.

Agreed...put VR with Izzy back in GnR. I hear a lot of heavy Sebastian Bach rumors going around as the replacement.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:47 am

I bought the 1st VR and didn't lioke it . So iraded my son that for the Evanescence disc Fallen .

I think I won the trade.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:14 pm

rockinrye wrote:I bought the 1st VR and didn't lioke it . So iraded my son that for the Evanescence disc Fallen .

I think I won the trade.
Both Evanescence CD's were better than both of the VR efforts and that is pretty sad if ya think about it. :cry:

Next

Return to Free for all...